• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPACT presents: Real pimps use gimps August 8th-Toms River, NJ

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman

Great Gumballs Tbagz, why hold a tournament 2 months from now? Simple, i want an outstanding attendance rating, the more people that show up the more fun everyone has and the more money everyone wins! Make this tournament one you count on coming to! Impact has hosted tournaments that everyone has always had fun at but now were ready to get a bit more serious.

Information

Tournament Date: August 8th, 2009!

Registration start/ warm ups: 11am-12:15
Tournament start: 12:20
Doubles is first and then singles!

Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 ($10 Per player)
Venue Fee: 5$

we are in need of wiis/ a few TVs. Please Tell me if your can bring either of these.

Venue Adress: 912 Hazelwood Road
Toms River, NJ 08753

Venue phone number- 732-929-3400

Rules

-3 Stock

-7 minute timer

-Items are set to "off" and "none"

-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors (1 round)

-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is BANNED.

If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Make sure all of your settings are set before the match starts, you cannot stop in the middle of a fight to realize your settings are not to your likings.

-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects. You will recieve 1 warning if you are stalling, if you continue you will forfiet that match.

-Stalling is banned.

-IC CG infinite banned (maybe still unsure)

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stages

Official

Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshis Island (brawl)

Counterpicks
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
(MORE TBA?)

All other stages are banned, the only acception is that Hannenbow is allowed in doubles, or if both players agree to play on a banned stage.

Venue Pictures and Info

Basically how this venue will work is, the more people that show up the more TV's we are allowed to use. we will start off in the back room with about 5, and we could fit another 3 back there, but if we have a big enough show of entrants that wont be a problem for anyone.

im missing a 5th picture i took, ill re-take it and upload it soon!

This venue has had many succesful tournaments of over 150+ for Guitar Hero 3. more then 70 players for Gears of war 2 and 100+ for Halo2/3. This Venue is easily capible of holding one of the best brawl tournaments to help end our summer with a bang!

Payouts

1st place- 60%
2nd place- 30%
3rd place- 10%

If the brackets Exceed 50 players the payouts will change to 50/25/15/5/2.5

Players Attending:

KUSH!
Budo
COKE!
Neogen
Chibi-loner
Blade Wing
Pants
BTK
Gothic Zelda
Aztec Avenger
Keitaro
Sneak (maybe)
Rave
Smash Phoenix
AndyG

TELL ME IF YOUR COMING! the better of an idea of the attendance the better i may set up the day before!

Gothic Zelda

Smash Apprentice
Oh dear lamb god I am coming to this. I am coming so hard it'll be sticky all over by the end of the tourney...

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
hmmm I don't think toms river is too far from bordentown I'll try to make it out to this ****.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
haha, maybe. i havent gone over the Stage Set list, those are just the stages i would be using im going to take away some of them. most likely sky world

edit: alright Almost legendary hope to see you there!

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I MAY have to cancel IDK yet, i'm most likely going to have practice that day but it's an early practice so I could probably make it to the tourney around 3 - 4...

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Oh my science? what ever happened with that dude with a beard....you know....Chuck Norris.

I could team with you Andy, but as you know Ima Scrub.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
What is recommended public transportation to get to here from bergen county?

Allied

Smash Master
alright i'll try to be here with a recording setup ^_^

i hope those tvs in that picture don't lag XD

Top Bottom