• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Kryal

Smash Ace
BrawlBox Data Viewer v0.63d

Changes in v0.63d:​
  • Fixed animation encoder bug.
  • Fixed bug dealing with single CLR entries saving improperly.

Changes in v0.63c:​
  • Various bugfixes
  • Added VIS editor
  • Animation frames now interpolate properly.

Changes in v0.63b:​
  • Fixed image encoding bug related to image format on older systems.
  • Fixed save dialog extension bug. Also, numbered extensions will now have real extension added.
  • Fixed rendering bug related to materials without textures.
  • Added various features to collision editor.

Changes in v0.63:​
  • Fixed a bug that was causing decal textures to link improperly in MDL files.
  • Added minor support for EFLS resources.
  • Added support for stage collision files.
  • Added editor for stage collision files.
  • Fixed minor bug that was affecting the way non-textured polygons are rendered (alloy models).
  • Increased maximum frame delay for animation playback.
  • Fixed bug in OpenGL rendering dealing with depth buffer precision.

Screens:​
- - - Resource Manager - - - - - - - Texture Replacer - - - - - - - - Model Viewer - - - -

- - - - Animation editor - - - - - - - - - MSBin Editor - - - - - - Organized RSAR - -

- - - - Brstm creator - - - - - - - - CLR0/PLT0 Editor - - - - - - - - - Collision Editor - - - - -

Requirements:​
  • Microsoft .Net Framework v3.5 SP1 (Get it here!)
  • Video card that supports OpenGL 1.1 or higher.

Tutorials:​

Downloads:​

Bug Reports / Feature Requests:​
Please submit all bug reports and feature requests to the BrawlTools code site. Also, you may search here for currently open or resolved issues.
http://code.google.com/p/brawltools/issues/list

Kryal

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's a work in progress. I didn't know what else to make it...

Kryal

Smash Ace
Haha! I noticed and fixed it promptly. Perhaps reviewing the post ten times wasn't enough...

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Oh, I thought you were referencing the fact that the title is slang for a vag. Still might want to change that. Or not, that didn't stop the Wii.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
This program really made it easier on me to extract images compressed into .brres files (read Viet can't use SBBExtract worth ****).

In fact I've already put it to great use!

Kryal

Smash Ace
crashes when i run it
If the program crashes, it's most likely because you don't have .NET Framework v3.5. If you still have problems, you can post a screenshot and I'll look into it. I must also note that I've only tested this on Windows 7, not that it should matter.

NoriakiZ

Smash Cadet
This reminds me of a Guitar Hero editor I used by then.
Will you be planning to make it so you can insert custom textures?

Kryal

Smash Ace
Looks nice, can you create textures with it?
Well, you can't CREATE textures with it, but you can export textures and change them if you like.

This reminds me of a Guitar Hero editor I used by then.
Will you be planning to make it so you can insert custom textures?
As for putting textures back into the files, it's not quite done. There are some features that many image editors don't have (palettes with transparent colors), which SSBB uses regularly. This means that I need to include color 'quantization' so that your textures don't end up with only one transparent color. I know, it sounds silly, but I'm picky...

One way to see this 'transparency' in action is to look for magenta colors on the textures. This will allow you to gauge how a texture will blend with its background. A good example of this is the character portraits: they are color-indexed with multi-transparency.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Wow, I am impressed, this is really amazing! You just need a "Replace" feature and it'll be epic win. Also, just saying, I tried replacing first then the tga disappeared, leaving a giant red X. Then, I tried again but without the png extension and my computer shut down.

Any news about it? Do you know when it will be done?

Kryal

Smash Ace
LOL! Okay, might want to stay away from that for now. I recently reworked the node structure and didn't update the replace code, so it WILL behave unexpectedly. I'll keep you posted.

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
Great! This tool reminds me of EAGraph (graphic editor for EA Sports games). Only diffrence it's a viewer.
I hope BRSAR file will be supported in the near future.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Just a quick update: everything is going well. I need to make some finishing touches on embedded PCS files. Hopefully I'll have a semi-working texture replace function by tomorrow night. Also, raw files will be supported because they're rather simple. Didn't want to leave everyone hanging!

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
This is amazing. However, could you add the ability to view stage data? I added a .PAC file for Final Destination (I believe, could be something else :/ ) and an error ocurred. I am a bit lazy to get a pic up. That would be great if possible.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Nice, anyway to make it so its compatible with system .pac's??
The system pac files (common#_en.pac) should work. The reason why there was a problem is because there are so many nodes in those files. It was actually just a silly programming mistake, that I forgot to disable the tree redrawing when a file is opened. The files will open however, after waiting a very long time. It will be fixed in the next release.

This is amazing. However, could you add the ability to view stage data? I added a .PAC file for Final Destination (I believe, could be something else :/ ) and an error ocurred. I am a bit lazy to get a pic up. That would be great if possible.
You should be able to open the pac files in the stage folder. If you're trying to replace a resource in the stage, that's broken for the moment. Eventually I'd like to be able to view more than just textures, maybe sound, music, layouts. But let's not get carried away, I'm focusing on textures for now.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Nope, I am not trying to replace anything. I just downloaded a random Final Destination texture, opened it, but it didn't open. In fact, I got a message that was complete jibberish. Keep in mind that it works with character textures for me.

Kryal

Smash Ace
That's strange. I opened the files in v0.50 and they work fine. I remade the nodes (again), so the new version will work a little different. Maybe it won't have that problem? Send me a screenshot and I'll take a look at it.

Kryal

Smash Ace
New version! Sorry it took so long, I was having troubles with moving/resizing the nodes. It was behaving strangely.

A few issues:
1. The program will freeze for a bit while it compresses PCS files. It IS working, just give it time.
2. Be careful when you replace indexed textures, because it won't update index information.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Okay, this next update is taking a little longer than expected. I'm having troubles moving data around in brres packages. Ideally, I'd like to be able to add/move/delete resources in a package, but it's proving to be a little troublesome. I need to do a little more research on HOW the game uses these files in order to properly build an editor around them.

I want to move into other data files so badly! I'll see if I can come up with a solution this week.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Right-o! Sorry about the wait, I've been rather busy lately with work and all.

SO, what I've been working on lately will enable the program to CREATE resource/file packages from scratch, and add/move them around. I ran into serious problems trying to re-arrange the packages in memory, which is a mess (as I found out the hard way).

Also, I've been delving into some other formats (MDL0, brsar), so stay tuned!

Kryal

Smash Ace
New version! (v0.52 now, read first post). Slowly chugging along, need to do some testing in-game. As soon as the brres and pac/pcs files are working properly, I can move on to other things. Models would probably be my next move, but since I have no experience with 3D model file formats it might be something else. I also want better palette/cmpr algorithms, but those will come as I go.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Okay, I did some testing last night and found a few problems. I fixed them up and was successful at getting replaced textures working in-game. So, I released a minor update this morning (v0.52b) that addresses these problems. Happy texture modding!

Top Bottom