• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Zero switch...a zero lag pokemon switch

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah. I got one. Why is the Pokémon Trainer so awesome? Squirtle & Ivysaur with triple jump...

That is absolutely amazing! Good show. Seriously. If T-Block (P.Trainer player here) doesn't know about it yet, he's gotta find out. In fact, everyone should know about this. I just thought of something epic. Get someone off the stage with Charizard, do the Zero Switch to Squirtle with multiple jumps, epic edge guarding AND being able to go out further and make it back.

DUDE! I think I've rediscovered my main for Low Tier tourneys because of this. ...until he goes Mid Tier, that is. Nice find!

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
I had to test it for myself before I commented. That is a seriously awesome technique.

Poor Charizard XD

Toby.

Smash Master
sure it does. we found out that you can do the switch and stay on the platform, so you dont need to worry about 'zard losing all his jumps.

so you can die with squirtle, immediately switch ivysaur and zard can still shield, jump etc immediately.

thats a **** good ivysaur cancel imo

SuorGenoveffa

Smash Apprentice
Poor Ivy :(.

Great discovery btw, Squirtle with triple jumps is amazing. Just didn't really understand what you meant with "platform moving away from the ledge you're on".

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
sure it does. we found out that you can do the switch and stay on the platform, so you dont need to worry about 'zard losing all his jumps.

so you can die with squirtle, immediately switch ivysaur and zard can still shield, jump etc immediately.

thats a **** good ivysaur cancel imo
Oh wow, you have a point.

...That IS a **** good Ivysaur Cancel.

Except Zard loses both jumps... which is kind of annoying... I guess.

Does this mean Reflex is gonna get PT into S tier now like he promised? =D

T-block

B2B TST
What the eff is this x.x I seriously freaked when I saw this lol

More Smashville counterpicks imo. Very nice find. So the platform only has to be moving when the next pokemon comes out, right? It's OK to switch while it's still stationary/moving in the other direction?

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
you can still get ***** when you use this fyi, not that hard to punish especially against metaknight

zeta

Smash Journeyman
What the eff is this x.x I seriously freaked when I saw this lol

More Smashville counterpicks imo. Very nice find. So the platform only has to be moving when the next pokemon comes out, right? It's OK to switch while it's still stationary/moving in the other direction?
the only requirements are that you use a move that puts you on the very edge of a moving platform and that platform must be moving away from the side you're on when the pokemon comes out:squirtle::ivysaur::006:

anax4aero

Smash Cadet
I can see this being rather useful, wouldn't it be possible to zero switch to ivysaur and do Uair and kill?
That could easily become squirtle's new KO move.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ivy canceling is just a specific application of the AT

for example, "grab release cancel" is getting squirtle the FUX out of there against marth

with this technique, PT can cancel almost every single tactic in the game. chaingrab cancel against dedede.

unfortunately

you still can't meta knight cancel

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
I just want to take this post to say that zeta is the sexiest, most handsome PT player.

Anything is better than what we already had.

Also, is anyone compiling exactly a list of all the stages this works on and where/when in the (possible) transformations?

MysticKenji

Smash Master
I just want to take this post to say that zeta is the sexiest, most handsome PT player.

Anything is better than what we already had.

Also, is anyone compiling exactly a lsit of all the stages this works on and where/when in the (possible) transformations?
Mushroomy Kingdom [Any]
Pirate Ship [Any boat platform, the boat's tip at the start of the rock form]
Smashville [Any]
Frigate [The side platforms]
Summit [The cloud platforms]
Skyworld [The moving platform under the stage]
New Pork City [The swinging platform]
Rainbow Cruise [Any]
Big Blue [Anything that isn't the Falcon Flier]
Custom Stages [Side-to-side moving platform]

Might work Rumble Falls, Delfino or Lylat, too annoying to test >_<

I think that's it...

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Can we call this batton pass please??? :D.... its always cool having ATs with the name of a pokemon attack

Oh, and Zeta is awesome :D

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Holy crap, this is amazing. Zeta gets mucho love.<333
What a shame Charizard loses all his jumps though.:urg:

:094:

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
you can do it on lylat, irl did it there a while back actually, but it didn't get much attention because we didn't know what it was.

you probably have to time it to the ship's tilts, which will probably be annoying to do. still good to know.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Baton Pass is actually a pretty cool name for it. And since it passes on the traits/enhancements of the Pokémon that's being taken out and switched for another? Works perfectly in the fact that Squirtle and Ivysaur get Charizard's multi jumps.

I vote for Baton Pass too.

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
Lets keep this on the down low so that any outsiders just strolling around don't notice this. Lol Also Baton Pass FTW

Vermy

Smash Champion
I vote baton pass.
I'll be practicing this A LOT to avoid fail matchups. And stage striking the first neutral if it isn't Smashville may work in our favour XD

T-block

B2B TST
I like Baton Pass too. So both Smashville and Battlefield are really nice stages for us... I'm gonna propose to stage strike more often.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Lets keep this on the down low so that any outsiders just strolling around don't notice this. Lol Also Baton Pass FTW
Hilarious post considering 2 random outsiders were the first to post in this thread.:laugh:

Based on their mains that is:p

T-block

B2B TST
I thought of a couple more stages this might work on...not sure though.

Brinstar, when the stage reforms, and Norfair when the platforms shift back (lol)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I love the fact that Pokemon Trainer mains would actually be WILLING to have their neutral as Smashville.

I'm honestly so happy, I could shed tears.

Fufufufufufuufufufufufuufufufufufufufufuufufufufu

(insert Kefka)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Mushroomy Kingdom [Any]
Pirate Ship [Any boat platform, the boat's tip at the start of the rock form]
Smashville [Any]
Frigate [The side platforms]
Summit [The cloud platforms]
Skyworld [The moving platform under the stage]
New Pork City [The swinging platform]
Rainbow Cruise [Any]
Big Blue [Anything that isn't the Falcon Flier]
Custom Stages [Side-to-side moving platform]

Might work Rumble Falls, Delfino or Lylat, too annoying to test >_<

I think that's it...
It should work on New Pork's car too btw.

Works on Lylat during severe stage tilts (watch the ship's path to know when it'll turn. You auto-snap to ledge upon release if you want, making this one very useful?), Castle Siege 3rd portion (I believe there's a pattern, but I haven't actually looked at it yet. I'll check it out tomorrow.), certain transformations of Pictochat, easiest on the swinging pendulum and possibly the kart, but I haven't tried the kart.) There's no reason it wouldn't work on the arwings on Corneria. Also, the platforms on Luigi's Mansion actually move side to side enough to do this on.

On a similar note, it is possible to do aerial switches on Delphino during a stage transformation as a platform disappears (hopefully directly onto a ledge), Pictochat as a platform disappears (Remember that each transformation lasts exactly 13 seconds and time it to start around 11-12 second mark. This is probably one to remember.), Castle Seige during a transformation, and some other stage I forget that probably nobody cares about.

Also, in doubles, you can force an aerial switch by destroying the center membrane on brinstar (double PTs can use squirtle Dtilt lol), destroying the statue platforms on castle seige, destroying the mansion on luigi's mansion, and by destroying the blocks on Green Greens.

That's all I've tested. I think this will probably work on a few more banned stages. (I haven't checked the banned ones yet, but I'm sure you can force air switches on Yoshi's Isle(Pipes), on a pow block on Mario Bros., and by destroying the platforms on Skyworld. I'll test all the rest of the stages tomorrow. <<

Also, I vote on Baton Pass. It sounds nice.

Also, I think I'm going to go tomorrow and map out the paths of the tilts on lylat and castle siege so that you can always know when you can do your next baton pass just by watching the clock.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
BECAUSE I AM AN ATTENTION *****

I ORIGINALLY SUGGESTED THE NAME "BATON PASS"

I'M SO COOL, AMIRITE

Now that I've got my personal jerking out of the way, keep in mind that if a platform disappears for any reason, the Pokèball floats in mid-air and you get this, too.

The ones that immediately come to mind are the windmill on Stadium 1 (because it spins), Frigate Orpheon (get on the top platform, lest you switch underneath the stage), and Rainbow Cruise (the red carpet if it goes the maximum distance, but you can do it anywhere there, so, eh).

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
do you get the three jumps if you do it in midair?

also reflex also originally suggested ivysaur cancel lol

Top Bottom