• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi v. Jigglypuff

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: This is the thread for discussion on the Yoshi v. Jigglypuff matchup.

D

Deleted member

I think its even, from playing meta (wifi but i get the jist) and i played DSF in low tiers (best jigglypuff in the world XD). Jigglypuff punishes eggs really bad, floats around, and can usually string a few hits together with good prediction. Grabs are a no unless its a pivot grab, you gotta play extremely safe, while still maintaining a lot of pressure when she is on the ground (against DSF, the SH bair to retreating egg lay was workig very well as a pressure technique).

JIggs dies really early, but dont be spamming kill moves in kill percents, you gotta be very patient.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'd say it's even as well. I've ***** quite a few Jiggs, but Meta takes the approach differently and makes it an even match up. Save those Usmashes for kills, you'll need them.

Oh and don't use both jabs, you'll get rested. <.<

.Marik

is a social misfit
I think it's 55:45 Yoshi's favour.

While Jigglypuff probably has a superior aerial game and can juggle Yoshi, she has trouble killing and dies extremely fast.

Once her moves are stale, there's no much else Jigglypuff can do. Yoshi survives for a bit longer, and we can kill easier too. Not by much, but it still counts for something.

A Jigglypuff that spaces well is a nightmare. Yoshi will get juggled and the damage will rack up quickly.

Yoshi should approach carefully, Bair, Rising Nair, and FTilt. Basically, pressure Jigglypuff on the ground, and space good as well.

I think Yoshi has a lot more applications, and is a better character overall, hence the slight advantage in this matchup.

I played a few Jigglypuffs, but I'm not very knowledgeable in this matchup. This is merely what I've noticed several times on many different occasions.

I'm interested to hear what Metatitan and Auroreon have to say, both I presume to be familiar with this matchup.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I think this is definitely in Yoshi's favor, I haven't played Meta's jiggs though, but I had no problem playing DSF's and Tyrant and Havok's jiggs whatsoever despite them having Yoshi experience with burnt socks. Just stay in the air as much as possible to avoid being tripped. I even survived Jiggs' fmash half way charged AND fresh at 130% because yoshi is much too heavy for jiggs. I really don't see anything Jiggs has going for her here....60:40 yoshi. I even prefer this matchup to using peach vs jiggs, i'd go yoshi in tourney.

how does jiggs juggle yoshi? you can smash DI/wiggle out of any jiggs hit and respond with a neutral air before she can follow up. Yoshi's up air protects yoshi from being edgeguarded what soever, if you come from under and up air as you come up, jiggs has to avoid it and while she avoids it you'd jumped to safety.

On average when I play a jiggs, I kill her at 100% but she kills me at roughly 210%. If the Yoshi has really good DI I canoooot see him losing this matchup.

One of my favorite things to do is bait rests and then just run away or jump+ airdodge away. Free upsmash which is a kill. One of my favorite combos to punish a jiggs that misses an early rest is falling up air to upsmash. Learn to bait a rest and jiggs will be extremely scared to try them or will try it and yoshi punishes a missed rest extremely hard. Just make yourself appear like you didn't DI or are in hitstun animation, it's fairly obvious when a jiggs player wants to rest you. Just be ready for it and bait 'em. If they don't really rest you at all forget about it and play normal.

Metatitan

Smash Master
It's probably yoshi's favor, jigglypuff's metagame hasnt advanced in months. I'll play some friendlies against Bwett tomorrow. For some reason everyone thinks my jiggs is good ;o. Probly cuz they get rested by me LOL. If you space yourself correctly you shouldn't be getting rested.

Metatitan

Smash Master
The matchup is without question in yoshi's favor, 60:40 for now and eventually it will get better and better. Jigglypuff's metagame is at a stalemate: she does not have the potential to improve anymore than she is already. She doesn't have the options to really advance her metagame.

Yoshies: space yourself to avoid rest interupts (as if anyone but me does those anymore >_>) and use up smash all you want until say 60%. Read her movements with pivot grabs and force an approach with eggs. Do not use eggs at mid ranges, she can just airdodge past you and grab you. Never up smash her shield, she can jump out and rest you. Keep her at bay with pivot grabs and now and again pressure her and go massively offensive so that it throws her off. Jigglypuff is light so yoshi has no KO issues here.

Jigglypuffs: Airdodge past pivot and egg camp. If the yoshi reads you instead of mindlessly spamming grabs (like 90% of them do) then there's not much you can do. Learn to jump out of your shield and rest, it is highly effective in the matchup. Stop using Fair at like 60% (same rule as yoshi basically) and learn to read his air movements with DACUS. If he tries to wall you with Bair, simply pound through it.

That's pretty much all I can say atm. It used to be even but yoshi's metagame continues to advance (because he has options) and jigglypuffs continues to stand still (because 60% of her attacks are useless). She'd be your worst nightmare if she had range or a ground game (or great aerial to ground transitions). Just space yourselves and punish hard.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Jigglypuff needs hitstun to compensate for her lack of range. If she had enough hitstun to make Fair-Fair or Bair-Bair a true combo, then she would be middle tier. To be high tier she would need multiple kill moves because one would get too predictable =/

Metatitan

Smash Master
Jigglypuff is similar to kirby except she sucks. The only reason why the matchup isn't that far off from kirby is because unlike him, she can actually comfortably approach thanks to her fast horizontal speed. But she's kind of easy to read xD

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Meta's pretty much right. Jigglypuff is like a worse Kirby but with more air speed but less kill power. If you can get a stock lead, just add in chip damage and play extremely safe and you pretty much win.

I say camp her to death!

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Although I don't no much about this match up, arn't eggs harder to dodge when the opponents in the air. I say camp. =w= Jigglypuff doesn't really have any good ways of closing in on us.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have experience here, I played friendlies with a jiggs main for about 2 hours straight about 2 weeks ago. All yoshi has to do is throw eggs when shes far away, and because she must approach from the air, try and get under her approach with an up air. If she's low to the ground evade and wait for an open spot to bair, nair, uair, whatever, she's pretty laggy. Also our GR leads into a free uair so pivot grabbing her approach can = free damage or an easy kill. Overall, if we just evade, camp, and space, we can easily shut her down. We are slightly faster in the air and much faster on the ground, so we can maneuver around her wall of pain far easier than most of the cast. Also, just so you have a jiggs point of view, here's that jiggs main's comment her after our match:
Jiggz vs Yoshi is like nerf sword versus a hanzo hattori katana.
So basically, if we play gay, we **** her hard lol

Yikarur

Smash Master
Also our GR leads into a free uair so pivot grabbing her approach can = free damage or an easy kill.
I thought you played 2 hours straight? you can't tell me this worked for you everytime because this doesn't work On-Stage.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It does if you try to get them in a habid of doing something such as air dodge then uair after it when they do. Worked for me 2 or 3 times

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Fine ill put it this way, it can be used to punish mistakes, thats when i ended up landing it. It's just that they seem to get a little frustrated from not being able to land much on yoshi and end up making more stupid decisions than usual

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Maybe if she misses with rest you can slowly push her over to the edge and then do it :D

D

Deleted member

I play jiggs.

Btw jiggs camps yoshi a lot harder than yoshi camps jiggs.
Its yoshis favor prolly 40:60, but if jiggs gets an advantage yoshi is in trouble.
Jiggs runs clock better than MK.

Also, shield camping with jiggs is pretty nasty, at mid range yoshi cant do that much because jiggs has dat nair OOS punish, and grab is awful

Yikarur

Smash Master
I just wanted to mention it xD

Humans aren't perfect and most people don't know about it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
do you guys need a Jiggz input on this MU? .-.

its most likely 60:40 Yoshi wins but if we get the stock adv it is troublesome for poor Yoshi. ill get more Jiggz =p

Top Bottom