• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North's Genesis Brawl Crew

Inui

Banned via Warnings
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6145992&postcount=400

First of all, I've talked to a lot of people about it, and I think I should be the captain of the crew. I'm very knowledgable about our players and the players over there. I'm experience in running crew battles and tournaments. I think I can be of great use as the captain of the crew. I'll be looking towards players like Atomsk and Mew2King for advice as well.

For the crew battles consisting of just groups of five, I'd obviously like to form one with myself, Mew2King, Atomsk, Pierce7d, and whatever other top NJ player that's going. NJ ftw.

I'd like to know who is going out of all of the top players in our region to form a solid group of ten.

Here's what I know so far...

1. Mew2King (Meta Knight)
2. Atomsk (Dedede/Ice Climbers)
3. Inui (Meta Knight/Snake)
4. NinjaLink (Diddy Kong/ROB)
5. Pierce7d (Marth)
6. Neo (Marth)
7. Vex Kasrani (Game and Watch/Dedede/Meta Knight)
8. Jash (Toon Link)
9. MalcolmM (Wario/Sonic)
10. ADHD (Diddy Kong)
Alternates: ChiboSempai (ROB/Wario), Darc (Marth)

I am extremely confident that we can win with the right leadership and right line-up.

There are a few ground rules I'd like to state right now.

-I'd like people to not hate each other over failures. If someone messes up, it's the crew's fault for not cheering them on and coaching them properly, and my fault for putting them in in the wrong situation. Direct your anger towards me if you want to. I don't care. I'm used to it. I don't want the crew's synergy hurt if someone messes up.
-NinjaLink, I know you are fond of using many characters, but I will not permit you to use anything but Diddy Kong and ROB. Those are clearly your best characters based on tournament results. They have the most accomplishments when you fight the players in the big leagues. The West Coast crew is going to be full of MKs, and each crew will have several very good MKs. Diddy Kong is the safest choice for you. You will probably get mad at me for saying all of this, but it's true. I don't want you going in as Marth just to fight a Falco only to get counterpicked terribly by an MK the next round. We need to avoid this.
-My final call is what determines what happens. While I gladly welcome the advice of everyone else in the crew, I trust my own judgment the most. I've captained many crews in crew battles before and I've won far more times than I have lost. Please trust my judgment, as I will trust your ability to win this for us.
-We clearly have a massive handicap. The other regions, especially Pacific West, will have almost all of their absolute top top top players. We won't have that luxury. In fact, we'll be using many second tier players. We won't have Anti, ksizzle, Bum, teh_spamerer, ChuDat, Meep, and other extremely good players that would make winning this event a breeze. Due to this, I greatly encourage massive trash talking when we win.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
you should probably combine with the south region since its still technically EC. get reflex/co18/seibrik on your lineup
Nope, can't. South is it's own crew.

It's Pacific West, South, Atlantic North/East Coast, and Midwest.

Florida is likely to fuse with Texas to form the South crew.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I should be going (and will be if Vex is going). I feel I can at least be an alternate for the crew battle. Though I honestly don't know who else would be going.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I should be going (and will be if Vex is going). I feel I can at least be an alternate for the crew battle. Though I honestly don't know who else would be going.

I thought you and Vex already had your tickets...

Vex going or not is important since he's a strong player. Let me know asap!

By the way, before anyone attacks me saying I shouldn't be used, I view crews as a teams event and I will care and try very hard. I'm actually motivated in crews. It's not like singles to me.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
same for me! :)
I normally do much better in crews overall, especially since it puts me in ultra camp mode lol. I know what you mean by having the drive to do it. You should have seen me in crews in Melee haha, 300+ missiles.

I believe you should be in them as well.

As for our tickets, we should have them within the next couple days, we have all the money situated and now just waiting for the tickets to be the right price and then we're buying them. I still haven't heard from Sky -_- but we will be at San Jose either arriving on the same flight as you, or before you so we will be there the same time you are, then we will be leaving about the same time you are. So either way, however your getting to the venue/hotel from san jose, we're following you lol.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
same for me! :)
I normally do much better in crews overall, especially since it puts me in ultra camp mode lol. I know what you mean by having the drive to do it. You should have seen me in crews in Melee haha, 300+ missiles.

I believe you should be in them as well.
There's no timer in crews, lmao...

Well, if we have to or if we need a campy ROB, we'll use you.

As for our tickets, we should have them within the next couple days, we have all the money situated and now just waiting for the tickets to be the right price and then we're buying them. I still haven't heard from Sky -_- but we will be at San Jose either arriving on the same flight as you, or before you so we will be there the same time you are, then we will be leaving about the same time you are. So either way, however your getting to the venue/hotel from san jose, we're following you lol.
Ok.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im gonna be using a lot of wario as well by the time genesis rolls around. un owen was rly the first time iv started using him in tourney, and iv got a couple weeks more practice. but yea if its a nice rob matchup, and im well aware that theres no timer.... :)

clowsui

Smash Legend
i agree with chibo
train cactus at brawl and ask mango to make him go mr. try hard
also neo's the only md/va going? wow o_o; surprised that chu isn't going

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
fatal maybe?he is atlantic north.his snake is good.offline and online. i think he is from massachusetts or maine. idk if he is goin to genesis

D

Deleted member

maybe you should just stop crying and form a crew when you get there by making obvious decisions.

also let m2k be captain cause he knows the regional player landscape better than anyone else on earth.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
maybe you should just stop crying and form a crew when you get there by making obvious decisions.

also let m2k be captain cause he knows the regional player landscape better than anyone else on earth.

Both ideas are quite foolish.

It's best to be prepared and know what I'm working with. I don't want to assemble my all-star team last minute.

Mew2King travels and is the best player, but making him captain wouldn't work. This should be obvious. He's not going to form plans to win based on the whole team.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
well, everyone should be leaving by next thursday at the latest...

so they should rly have tix by tuesday at the latest i would think.

how about start a new list, everyone post if you are going - ONLY IF YOU HAVE YOUR TICKET PURCHASED!

then discuss the team on tuesday

Inui

Banned via Warnings
1. Mew2King
2. Atomsk
3. Inui
4. NinjaLink
5. Pierce7d
6. Neo
7. Vex Kasrani
8. ChiboSempai
9. Darc (?)

We...don't even have ten total players?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol careful there inui, vex and i dont have our tickets yet :)

however either way thats not an awful lineup, i still think its a potential winner
could be better though :/

we could really use a great powerhouse for that 10th spot

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Good luck repping ROB if you can go Chibo. Let me know if there are any others in crews =P

Wow, not even 10 people (or decent people?) from the entire atlantic north are planning to go to the biggest tournament in a long while? Lol, guess we'll just get our revenge at Pound 4

pockyD

Smash Legend
i actually get the feeling that inui just had a folder full of gifs and tried to think up a thread where he could use as many of them as possible

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You should have told me when you were buying tickets so we could have bought them at the same time for cheap!!! It's all your fault for not including your region :(

Inui

Banned via Warnings
also ive been absent from the smash community but last i left people like Bum, and Anti were one of the best on our coast. what happened to that?
Anti actually recently became one of the best.

I find this...pretty disappointing. We are the strongest region, yet we have such a small number going for Brawl, and more actually going for Melee.

If we win with this huge handicap, the other regions can never even say they're close to us in skill, lol... Let's do this!

Top Bottom