• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IU Brawl Club Presents: Bloomington Holy House of Smash! July 18th BRAWL AND MELEEEEE

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
Introducing the IU Brawl Club's first Brawl Tourney!

TO's Th3 Master Composer, LoZ

Location: Trinity Lutheran Church on 501 E. Temperance Street, Ellettsville IN
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U....229448,-86.618459&spn=0.001895,0.004839&z=18

Time: Sign ups begin at 10:00 am
Cost: $10 Brawl Singles, $10 per person Brawl Doubles. Melee Singles will cost $5 or 10
NO Venue Fee.

*RULES*
3 Stock
8 minute timer
Team Attack: On
Items are set to "off" and "none"
Double Elimination for doubles & singles
Life-Stealing is Legal
All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (Losers and Winners Bracket Finals are best 3 of 5 matches)
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

If the game ends in Bowser/Ganon Suicide, do not go into sudden death, and whoever initiated the kill move is the winner.

No glitches—if you are responsible for the start of a glitch, then you forfeit the match.

You are responsible for your own controllers, so be sure to bring an extra controller in case something happens to the one you are using. If your controller malfunctions mid-match, you may request a restart, but both parties must agree on it.

Each player/team is allowed *one* stage strike—the chosen stage cannot be chosen by either player for the entire series. You can either choose to strike a stage before the first round, or before your opponent’s counterpick.

Stallingª is banned.
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* BRAWL STAGES*
Note: No Player/team can choose a stage they’ve already won on. You can, however, choose a stage you have already lost on.

*Neutrals*

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

*Counter-Picks*

Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
PictoChat

*BANNED*

Pirate Ship
75m
Port Town Aero Dive
Rainbow Cruise
Distant Planet
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Corneria :(
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Mario Circuit
Onett
Skyworld
Pokemon Stadium 2
Hannenbow
Green Greens

*MELEE RULES*
•Stages/Characters:
••Stages limited to the 6 starter stages for random, others open for counterpicks.
••Starter stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium
••Stages banned: Yoshi's Island, MKI, MKII, Venom, Big Blue, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Termina, and Yoshi's Island 64
• You may not pick the last stage where you won in the same set.
•Knock-out: Each person may knock out one stage for the entire match. This stage must be selected before any stages are chosen for the set.
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then
loser may change characters
•Double Blind pick for the first game of a set may be called at any time
•Wobbling is banned

•Special Team Rules:
• Team Attack ON
• Life stealing allowed
• Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned

Anyone can suggest moving a banned stage to the CP list up until the week of the tourney, but organizers have the right to deny movement of certain stages (I.E. 75m)

If you want, you may choose a banned stage in a tournament match, but both players/teams must agree on that stage. No johns if you lose on a banned stage that you agreed to play on.

ªStalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling

AllisBrawl link http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6610

Facebook link http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/event.php?eid=110362602168

Any questions PM me! or hit me up on face book or AIB

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Wait... pictochat is banned? But Norfair isn't? I may have to argue this one :/
I personally don't see enough to warrant either of them a ban, but if either or both would go, Norfair should be taken out first. Imo, Pictochat shouldn't ever be banned ^^; Stadium 2 as well, but I don't care enough to argue that one haha.

Also, looking forward to this! :D
Gonna be awesome hangin out with the indiana guys
Asdioh and Blood Hawk definitely need to get to this.

lol i loooove what i just did, i pretty much shooped my work place for july

1. got an event in the evening for 4 days next week
2. Hilts Kakuna Matata tourney <3
3. Holy House of Smash <3
4. out of town D:

ylbassist16

Smash Rookie
Ever a chance of finding a place to hold these in Vincennes? It would be a happy medium of distance for Bloomington, Terre Haute, Louisville, and Evansville. Just a suggestion for S.L.O.T.H 4 or whatever you wanna call this tournament group now. If this is out of the question, sorry just trying to suggest places lol.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Evansville doesn't play Brawl. We all play Melee.

Still annoyed at the lack of Melee in these tournaments you guys are hosting.

Just for clarification...SLOTH=IU Brawl Club? Why bother with 2 names? It is the same exact people running it...

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
seperate groups

brawl club was established way back in the begining of last school year as a means to get people together to play

Sloth is strictly for tourneys
but we are taking a break and letting btown host

no one showed much interest in melee last time
and i even brought it with me

if you came up for any of these with your megaton of melee players wed have melee

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Yeah, Melee was suggested as an event at SLoTH 2 and didn't get any turn-out.
I wouldn't be against adding Melee if you can round up people to make pay-out worth it.

We generally had from 4-8pm-ish left with the room at SLoTH(s) with nothing to do but friendlies and clean-up, and the time's going to be the same here, so might as well fill up the time with something.

EDIT: If you know someone with a venue in Vincennes that you can get ahold of, ylbassist, then let me know or talk to them about getting something together. It's not easy to host a tourney in a city you know nothing about and don't live in. >.>

ice-

Smash Journeyman
Also, typically if people don't know who you are, you are not going to get much of a turnout from melee players.

That is why you let tink make the thread for you :D

Evansville doesn't play Brawl. We all play Melee.

Still annoyed at the lack of Melee in these tournaments you guys are hosting.

Just for clarification...SLOTH=IU Brawl Club? Why bother with 2 names? It is the same exact people running it...
whoa we gotta clear up some things first

1. Evansville only plays melee cuz E-ville = "we do what PEEF! says cuz we cant think on our own, for the swarm!"

2. lack of gaylee cuz brawls way too fun to make time for an obselete game yo!

3. another thing! its S.L.o.T.H get it right, and it stands for Smash League of Terre Haute, IU Brawl club us based where IU is >__> near/in bloomington

4. same people clearly as epic!

5. HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE!!

*JUSTICE EDIT!

dude stop posting if your not coming, cuz we dont care its a brawl tourney not melee so your post is as good as useless and its rather uneeded

SmaDa

Smash Cadet
I should be able to make it. As well as "Rada!" I'm not sure if Heero can make it though. He may be in Florida...

I hope lots of people will show up. Should be fun times!

ice-

Smash Journeyman

1. Evansville only plays melee cuz E-ville = "we do what PEEF! says cuz we cant think on our own, for the swarm!"

3. another thing! its S.L.o.T.H get it right, and it stands for Smash League of Terre Haute, IU Brawl club us based where IU is >__> near/in bloomington

5. HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE!!

*JUSTICE EDIT!

dude stop posting if your not coming, cuz we dont care its a brawl tourney not melee so your post is as good as useless and its rather uneeded

Evansville is the Zerg?

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
you are allowed to hype, you arent allowed to bash melee, or peef, or eville

please peef dont respond to his bad insults

PEEF!

Smash Hero

5. HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE!!

*JUSTICE EDIT!

This really doesn't require a response does it. hahaha.

Anyway, to the TO's, there is no interest in melee because it is listed as a Brawl event, therefore will get not a single look from any melee players other than Jekyll and I because we are your friends. If you advertised a melee tournament the people around our area would show interest.

I really wouldn't mind a small 25 man melee tourney if it pulled some new players out of the woodwork and didnt cost anything for the venue. I'm sure the better players here in Evansville would love to show off their stuff. I could help with that. Jekyll and I are hosting a big MWC Melee event in Bloomington this fall...maybe we could test out a venue with a smaller local tournament. I'm just talking but I like what is coming out of my brain.

Good luck with this tournament. Good chance Ill show up with some Melee because I'll make excuses to practice my teamsies with Jek. I would play some brawl just for the hell of it, but I lost my disc and I can't even move in that game anymore.

That gives you something decent to respond to LoZ/Whoever besides Vamp, lol.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
If someone shows up with Melee, I'm definitely playing. That game's really fun, but I only have one other person to play with, and I need more practice with my horrible Fox.

and sure, lol

SmaDa

Smash Cadet
Rut-Row. My parents want to go on vacation this weekend...and they'd kill me if I bailed to go to a Smash Tournament. :(

Count

Smash Champion
Push this back to the 25th so Smada, I, and some of my friends can go!!

edit: wait, then louisville couldn't go. but are they going anyway?

Roneblaster

Smash Hero

5. HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE!!

*JUSTICE EDIT!

hey shut the **** up,

you play a terrible game and know it, dont take it out on people who dont like ur terrible game.

brawl is terrible, will always be terrible, and if you argue otherwise its probably because ur terrible at melee.

die in a fire scrub, dont talk about masses of people you dont know **** about.

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
thats exactly the kind of thing i didnt want to happen

if you dont have anything constructive to say please dont post here

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
thats exactly the kind of thing i didnt want to happen

if you dont have anything constructive to say please dont post here
im not gonna let myself and all my friends be insulted by a scrub who knows not what he speaks of.

and if you dont want it to happen then control your ****ing scrubs

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
ive asked people not to respond to him
but no one listens your flames arent justified neither were his

please just argue somewhere else

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
its not arguing if ur putting a scrub in their place, done worry i wont come back to this thread, its brawl, i dunno why i was here in the first place.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
wow, melee vs brawl already? It didn't even last two pages :/
C'mon guys, we're older than this.

Personally I'd be up for some melee. I haven't played the game much in quite awhile but seeing how much peef is willing to teach and welcome new melee players (not that i'm new to the game entirely) , I'd love to get some tips. I got some advice from Jiano awhile back, but not enough to make me beast or anything. I still kinda suck ^^;

However I'll be coming for brawl, of course, and most likely wouldn't travel for a melee tournament. But I have no problem with the game or the community. I just like Brawl more, is all.

And that should be all there is to it, right? There's no reason for an argument to break out >.> VaMP, call it hype if you wan't, but when I read your post I saw nothing more than troll bait. And it worked quite well. If I were a melee player and was provoked like that, I would've acted the same way reneblade did >.>

As for whether or not louisville is coming, I haven't spoken to crash yet, but I'm pretty sure we will be. I'll talk to him about it tomorrow. And yes, as count said, we won't be able to make it if it's on the twenty-fifth. We have another tournament to go to on that day.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
VaMP, no more trolling.
Reneblade, though I respect you're defending yourself (in a very argumentative way), please don't respond to him, or do it via private messaging--that's what it's there for!

I want my first of (hopefully) many tourneys in Bloomington to get traffic but not if it means you're all going to be calling each other scrubs and insulting each other's games, which is what this is going to boil down to next.

For lack of advertising I think it's better to leave the tourney on the 18th as a Brawl tourney, and we can bring Melee to play for fun. If I have another tourney (hopefully in August) then we can advertise a Melee side tourney and try to get Melee hype too.

IMA FIRIN MA HYPE-UP LAZOR!!!!

O_o
/_______________________________
|
|HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE
|_______________________________
\__

btw do eet, do maylayz, its been a while since i played mewtwos, hes too good

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Reneblade knows his ****. You made your point haha gg's.

Composer, side tourney won't work because we arent willing to travel to a Brawl tournament for a chance of a weak Melee side tourney that would basically be between whoever I took. Maybe it just isn't meant to be.

Hilt, yeah I am completely willing to help wherever I can, although my good advice is character-limited. Falcon, Fox, Falco are the only characters I really play, but who else is there? I know the full metagame of several other characters, so no matter who you wanted to play I would be able to help =]

I wish we could all just unite under the holy roof of Melee. I haven't found a Brawl player that, after playing brawl first, learned to L-cancel and combo in melee, but didn't switch. I'm not saying my game is better, but it DESERVES a serious chance and you might find it to be better. Like a couple months. =] No brawl hate, I'd rather play it than most other games. It's just that Melee is so exciting. Why shoot arrows and spin a tornado when you could 0-death combo? lol. (That's my opinion it doesn't require a response from vamp.)

Anyway, I'll see if Jekyll and I will make this.

ice-

Smash Journeyman
Reneblade knows his ****. You made your point haha gg's.

Composer, side tourney won't work because we arent willing to travel to a Brawl tournament for a chance of a weak Melee side tourney that would basically be between whoever I took. Maybe it just isn't meant to be.

Hilt, yeah I am completely willing to help wherever I can, although my good advice is character-limited. Falcon, Fox, Falco are the only characters I really play, but who else is there? I know the full metagame of several other characters, so no matter who you wanted to play I would be able to help =]

I wish we could all just unite under the holy roof of Melee. I haven't found a Brawl player that, after playing brawl first, learned to L-cancel and combo in melee, but didn't switch. I'm not saying my game is better, but it DESERVES a serious chance and you might find it to be better. Like a couple months. =] No brawl hate, I'd rather play it than most other games. It's just that Melee is so exciting. Why shoot arrows and spin a tornado when you could 0-death combo? lol. (That's my opinion it doesn't require a response from vamp.)

Anyway, I'll see if Jekyll and I will make this.

:p
Pfff don't go disrespecting Shieks, Puffs, Peachs, and ICs

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
if we have 8 or more people who want melee we id be willing to set up some brackets
If you bring them i will run

also link me to the most up to date melee rules

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I haven't found a Brawl player that, after playing brawl first, learned to L-cancel and combo in melee, but didn't switch.
Well, now you've found one, lol.

I started playing Brawl about two months before I started playing Melee. I like both a lot, though. I play Brawl more because there's more people to play around me, there's Wi-Fi, and I like being a part of an evolving metagame. All I can play in Melee is my brother, and with age johns, I'd have to persuade my parents/siblings to travel upwards of 2 hours to play a game I'm horrible at compared to everyone else.

Really though, I don't see why you have to "switch". Why not just play both?

related: So Louisville and who else is going to this?

Top Bottom