• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vermy's Vids Vor Viewing (Now with PT diddo matches vs J4)

Vermy

Smash Champion
For teh furst time evar.....

Vermy Vids! =D

Vermy (PT) Vs Attila (Lucas)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_-7L5YND2U

Vermy (PT) Vs Attila (Samus)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSnr2kMiwqg

Vermy (PT) Vs AfroPony (Pit) [Crew Battle]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH5g3x4Jr14

PT DIDDOS!

Vermy Vs Joey Joey Joe Joe Round 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if7jlp-1sxM

Vermy Vs Joey Joey Joe Joe Round 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3gtDViEktE

Vermy Vs Joey Joey Joe Joe Round 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZralYu_Ocw

The Crew Battle Vid is the only one i will john about, after 10 hours straight of playing smash at a tourney, we finished off with a crew battle. I failed abysmally....that and spammy-spam-spam-spam. Rock smash made me feel a little better.

Zard V Samus Zair makes me sad. ;_;

Apart from that, enjoy. I've been on the PT boards a fair while now, think i need to find out how to advance by showin' my shtuff.

constructive criticism is encouraged =D

p.s. I'm also very aware that i play my squirtle a little too aggressively. (mainly my failure to shield and avoid attacks >_<) So please overlook that fail. XD
Also, you don't really see a lot of Ivysaur in these vids, many would say that's a good thing, but ordinarily I'd use her a fair bit more. Pretty happy with my Zard atm though. =]

edit: In the PT diddos, im actually very proud of how my ivysaur performed.
Squirtle diddos get VERY F*CKING FRUSTRATING!!!!

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
with your charizard you still have some work to do, its getting there though just make sure you move around a lot more and dont kinda just stand there doing attacks. I think mainly why you were getting combo'd by lucas a lot. try grabbing a lot more and use it to your advantage if your staying still more. also dodge those arrows when your in the air :p

Ghetto Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
in general you need to walk around more. make use of fox trotting and just walking out of the way of stuff. I watched all three of these and you need to do more things like attack then pause, and walk around and space attacks. And don't do dairs with squirtle unless u know you are going to hit with the last hitbox, because you got punished for it every time. A nair could supplement that easily. I think just playing around with spacing and how you move around the stage would be the best thing you could do to improve.

T-block

B2B TST
How you approach could use some work.... it does look like you're being overly aggressive to me. Watch 1:14 to 1:27 of the Lucas vid to see what I mean. That's all I have to say really... I'm not good enough to be critiquing a whole lot ;)

dre_89_

Smash Cadet
I'm not a class above you or anything but I still did notice some things

Squirtle- Your techniques are pretty good, but your strategy is all wrong. Firstly, you charge water gun too much. Dair is best used out of shorthops, but you try use it more like a spike and you frequently got punished, dair is agood move to use but in more neutral situations nair is a safer option. You have good aggression, but you do it at the wrong times. Squirt should only be aggressive when he's capitalising on hitstun or lag, whereas you are aggressive in neutral situations and you neglect your defense, against a skilled player with a range advantage you would get cut apart (as any Squirt would if they were too aggresive). Instead, use his speed, dodges and the occassional (but not too often) shellshifted fake out to bait them into an attack/ grab and then pursue them aggressively.

Ivysaur- Didn't see too much of him but there were a few things I noticed. I think your VW is like mine, you have to think about consciously before doing it, rather than as a reflex and therefore you frequently mistime it (fortunately it's often hard to punish). Also, use dtilt for spacing, as you can often get punished for jabbing because it goes longer than you want, and use leaves at about 2-3 body lengths away to set up attacks such as dash grabs etc. or to force the opponent to roll or jump towards you, which can be anticipated into BS or VW respectively.

Charizard- You spam RS and your smashes too much. Also when you're being juggled it's best to try and space yourself rather than attack back as Zard can be easily juggled. You spike well, but learn to set up fair gimps because they're probably even more potent.

I'm aussie too (Sydney-based so the connection shouldn't be too bad) and I main PT as well so if you want to brawl my FC is 317975176843, so you can kick my butt and criticise me instead lol.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Seems like your biggest problem with Squirtle is you're too predictable. It seems you fullhop a lot with Squirtle--this makes Squirtle's aerials an easy read that leads to a shield a loooot.

Don't rely on Vine Whip so much with Ivysaur. People get used to that range pretty quickly if you use it often, so save it for surprise KOs. Usually if I miss once, I won't use it for a while. In one of the videos you used it several times in a row, and none of them landed.

I would also suggest practicing perfect shielding approaches. Just shield right before a projectile hits, move forward, and repeat until you reach your enemy. Jumping in the air isn't the only way to get around projectiles! :p Crouching with Squirtle is a viable strategy, too; Falco's lasers come to mind.

Overall I'd say at least in your first video it looked like you just aren't used to fighting Lucas, 'cuz like you said, you were running into a lot of his attacks.

Hope none of that came across too strong--sometimes this constructive criticism sounds kinda brutal, haha. :p

Vermy

Smash Champion
thanks for the help guys, i've been working on a more cautious squirtle, hopefully next month's tourney vids will show improvement =)

More vids up, critique away. =D
PT diddos....wow. So complex.

Top Bottom