• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATHF + NWC Present: Summer Smash 2, 8/22 *MD/VA Circuit Event*

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
When: Saturday, August 22, 2009

Where:
North American Rod & Gun Club
12108 Belvedere Rd
Hagerstown, MD 21742
(301) 739-4440

It is right off of Jefferson. There should be a fairly big sign pointing the way. You will enter a gate. It will say private property but don't worry about that and keep going down the road. It is a fairly long road but it is straight so you shouldn't get lost. At the end of the road is the club.

Schedule:
11:00 A.M.: Registration
12:00 P.M. Teams Begins
3:30 Brawl Singles

Brawl Singles Will begin most likely while teams grand finals is taking place.

Fee:
$8 Dollar venue fee (this may be increased)
$10 for singles
$20 dollars for team (10 per person)

If you bring TV or Wii+Brawl, your venue is reduced to $5, and if you bring a full setup (wii + TV + Brawl) your venue is waived.

Payouts (Teams): 60/30/10

Payouts (Singles <30 people): 60/30/10
Payouts (Singles >30 pepole): 60/25/10/5

Rules: (these are pretty standard)
* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Sets best of 3
Finals will be played best of 5.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port or to save on time you could just agree to something on your own.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined by stock then percentage. If percentage is the same then a 1 stock tie breaker match will be played using the same characters and same stage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Since Bowsercide is completely port dependent. Bowser automatically wins if he uses bowsercide to get the final KO regardless of port or who the game says to be the winner.

* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

* Ganon/Dedede/Kirbyciding- This results in a one-stock run off, regardless of who the game says is the winner (unless the person broke out at the last second and kirby/d3 died first). Ganon losing/tieing is controller port dependent.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 200% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned from counterpicks or neutrals for the set
4. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on. If agreement cannot be made then random stage from neutrals.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

Additional Rules

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock then percentages. If the percentages are the same then a 1 stock tie breaker match will be played with same characters and same stage. At no time will sudden death be played.

Wiimotes and classic controllers are allowed but we would prefer if you used gamecube. You are responsible for your controller. Take any necessary actions to prevent interference such as removing batteries.

*Don't be douche.

Stage Lists

Starter Stages: (each player may strike a stage for the first game of each set)

Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield

Counterpick stages:

Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island DS
Delfino
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon

Basically, no obscenely homo stages are allowed, therefore making the game more playable and less of a frustration

Please read the above information carefully. By participating, you are agreeing to follow all rules. Any failure to do so can and will result in you being asked to leave (no refund). Also by participating you are agreeing not to hold us responsible for any property or personal loss or damage.

IMPORTANT

* There is a bar for those over 21, however you are prohibited from getting alcohol until after the entire tournament is over and completed.

*Please do not bring any outside drinks or food into the club. You can order food at the clubs grill. Prices range from 3-7 dollars depending on what you order. It is your general bar food. Hamburgers, chicken tenders, fries, onion rings and so on.

If anyone has any questions about the rules, ask me beforehand, because if you ask me after a match, it may be too late for you. This venue is pretty awesome, and can fit 100 people easily. So lets try to get at least 50 people. This will be an MD/VA Circuit event.

Banned:

No one as of now, don't do anything stupid or make me hate you

9thorlower

Banned via Warnings
Yoshi's Island is homo? Dumbest thing ever. Like FD isn't homo for Diddy or Falco.........come on now.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
True, but I don't like it. I'm not changing it, I want to try this out anyways. not like they can't just strike FD in the first round, etc.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
same day as C3.

and are we really having a circuit event in Hagertown? place is an hour+ away from everyone except waffle lol

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i said it was probable, and thats just for your case. its still well over an hour for you, and even LONGER for everyone else.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I should try to come out to this.

Shadofiend and honorary LoCal member lil b? This sounds like a blast, lol

:093:

Coney

Smash Master
maybe! bonus points for being at that creepy gun club again, burger and chips and soda for 4 bucks was pretty God**** neat

can't wait to see the faux-wooden floors, **** was hilarious

may i make the humble request of a teammate, preferably one of equal or greater skill than i?

Sh4dey

Smash Rookie
NNID
Coming
Alright count me in.
By the time of tournament's end, My name will finally be known.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
BMX, Oath, Mattix, EE, K9, (or hova if he somehow goes) teams?

There's a good chance I'll be driving again by the time this happens. May be able to give rides, but don't count on it just yet.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Lol If alot of Sonics come to this it will be annoying. I hate those blue balls. I'll make sure to knock them all out the tourney.

P.S. Keep Cammy on the other side of the brackets so I knock him out later :)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
What? Shado that's not cocky at all, it should be like

"make sure to put him against me first round since i'm going all the way to winners finals"

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Lol If alot of Sonics come to this it will be annoying. I hate those blue balls. I'll make sure to knock them all out the tourney
I...actually agree...lol

A smaller tourney with tons of Sonics is really just annoying, lol <3Sonics

Hey I like Cammy. I don't want to end him sooo fast Tant. I want him to actually place ;)
No Items.
Sonic only.
Grand Finals.

;D

Shado or any other sonic at this Taj, Camalange TEAMZZZ?????

Steak and eggs baby
If Shado bails I'll give it a go...lmao. Never teamed with a Yoshi xD We def need to atleast play while we're there though.

:093:

Top Bottom