• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Stage Discussion Thread - Rediscussing: Castle Siege

heytallman

CTALL
I use Stadium 2 as one of my main CP's for Lucas. Several of the transformations are good for him. As I'm sure it's been said before:

Ice: running upsmash/walking dsmash/stutterstep fsmash **** here.
Wind: hit somebody into the air and chase with PKT.
Electric: cancel the lag on upsmash, and immediately uair, should someone be off the stage down low.
ground: standing on the tip of the dirt mound gives dsmash really good range.

All in all, a very good counterpick, considering Corneria is banned EVERYWHERE now. If I have to CP as Lucas, this is where I go.

Ono

Smash Cadet
Well, it is a counter in the SBR rule list. Okay, my guess is 7/10...we still need some counterpicks and bans guys. What are your thoughts on Wario, Marth, and Squirtle?

heytallman

CTALL
Marth: Give it up, you can't win! (but Brinstar probably, if you decide to stay Lucas)
Wario: lol idk. Wario seems to do well on stages Lucas does well on.
Squirtle: Doesn't really matter because he'll most likely have to switch anyway.

Ono

Smash Cadet
Next is Delfino. I like this stage. The platforms on the moving phase help. On the top of that building with the Sunshine sprite, you can have a possible f-tilt lock. Watch out on the rooves since there is no edge on the right side, and watch out for the walk-offs. My guess, bans against Marth, D3, and MK. Counterpicks?

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
PKT2 recovery is better on this stage than on others. Platforms = thundersliding. The one with lots of pillars on the water can be used with tether for mixing up movement.

Water means ban against Ike.

Walkoffs. Period.

orange/xd

Smash Ace
Possibly ban Delfino against Ness. He can be a real pain on that stage. He can water spike, use his powerful throws to take advantage of the walk-offs, and do that thing where he drops off the ledge and comes back from under, using Fair.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I'd guess to counter-pick against the ice-climbers to hope that if you get grabbed the stage will shift causing them to mess up...

Becareful when recovering, because there will be a time with increased gravity and will mess with your angling, which will lead to death. I try to aim towards the edges because I'm scared to go through the middle because I think I won't go all the way through.

On walk offs I'm guessing that Falco's B-Throw is very bad, but the stage will get in the way of his chain-grab so I'm not sure about that.

Can Ganon water spike well?

-Just my input

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
i like this stage (cept when i fight dekar :().

ban against ike (water spike), d3 (walkoffs), marth (platforms), and diddy (dekar is gay).

when someone is in the drink keep the pressure on by throwing some thunder in the water. dsmash or upsmash people coming up from the bottom of the main platform. uhh i think utilt goes through the umbrellas on that one part where there is umbrellas. i like this stage against snake for some reason.

all in all, an okay stage but there are better ones out there. 6.5

Ono

Smash Cadet
Okay, next is PS1. Definitely ban against Dedede. Walls for infinites everywhere. Watch out for the Water, Fire, and Ground phase. I've rebounded off the windmill, tree, and cliff alot from PKT2 -_-. Coutnerpicks against annoying campers, so Pit?

orange/xd

Smash Ace
On PS1, you really have to watch out for the weird ledges when recovering. Definately ban against anyone with a wall infinite. Definitely CP vs. Pit. It really depends on personal experience IMO.

Ono

Smash Cadet
Whaddya guys do on the Rock phase? Do you go in those narrow spaces? Or do you just PKT1 camp to those who go in the spaces?

EDIT: Also, rating? My guess is 6-7/10?

Ono

Smash Cadet
Next, Brinstar. This is one of the best if not the best stage for Lucas. I counterpick it against everyone, except maybe MK and DK. Terrain prevents chaingrabs, lava helps recovery. 10/10 or 9/10

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Brinstar isn't that good against DK, Wario, Metaknight, Snake and Lucario. Probably some others I'm forgetting. Other than that I really like it.

Ono

Smash Cadet
I don't see why it wouldn't be good against Lucario...Aren't stages with small blastzones bad for him?

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Brinstar is a great stage for lucas bc of all the tricks you can do (lagging Usmashes and Dsmashes),and the blast zones are small leading to earlier kills... It's ashame that i don't like this stage XD lol

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Lucario is just good there. The platforms help him recover more easily. Also, Brinstar forces most of the fighting to take place in the air and Lucario beats Lucas really hard in the air. I just don't think it's a good place to take him.

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
Yea I would give it 9/10 . So I played Ally in pools and lost to him the first round, so I took him to Brinstar. I got him down to his last stock at like 120 and then lost. It was fun though. But I think Brinstar is awesome in general because of that. I like this stage alot. So many wonderful things. and the pk fire lasts a little bit longer if you hit it on those things that stick up from the ground that attach to the platform. You have a lot of options and makes for fun times.

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
Oh and be careful with peach on this stage. It's a very bad stage for lucas if you play against a good peach =/. Peach loves that level.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Brinstar is a great stage for the Mother boys. Each one can take advantage of certain things there. For Lucas, his d-smash sustains on the pink and green goo. His u-smash probably has the same affect as well. Not to mention the blast zones are closer there, so it makes killing easier. Of course you're in the same situation, so you've got to play it safe and abuse whatever you can on that stage.

clowsui

Smash Legend
brinstar is disgustingly good for lucas

usmash and dsmash hitbox durations are increased in duration dramatically

lucas doesn't have to worry about heavy campers here (aka falco snake...but snake is pretty good on this stage)

has stuff to refresh his moves on

usmash underneath right platform is super hard to punish due to lasting a million years...has shieldpoke potential but very slim

recovering is alright on this stage, fewer edges but easier to survive...but also easier to read your di

spacing with dair is way easier on this stage due to uneven ground and the general structure of the platforms

nair's effectiveness is kind of reduced here

tyr's godly counterpick. every player in ohio bans brinstar vs. tyr, even if we can beat him we just don't wanna deal with that bull ****.

Ono

Smash Cadet
Okay, next is Yoshi's Island (Brawl). I think this is one of the worst neutrals for Lucas. The rising platforms can prevent PKT2. The edges of the stage can prevent PKT2. Although, I like the middle platform...it helps with thundersliding and stuff. Rating? 5-6?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
5/10... stage curviness screws with PKF... platform can give too many other people too many good options... and I hate this stage...

Edit: I change my mind 3/10

Ono

Smash Cadet
Is this stage bad enough to ban against anyone?

Hey guys, I was thinking we could some stage videos to the discussion. Basically, people could submit some of their videos that show their use of the stages terrain, obstacles, etc. Thoughts on this? If you think it's a good idea, then just start submitting =). It doesn't have to be on the stage we're discussing.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Okay, next is Yoshi's Island (Brawl). I think this is one of the worst neutrals for Lucas. The rising platforms can prevent PKT2. The edges of the stage can prevent PKT2. Although, I like the middle platform...it helps with thundersliding and stuff. Rating? 5-6?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2BiMBFgyOA&feature=channel_page

............Nuff said

The stage hates lucas, no wall climbing on the right side, the rising angry condoms seem to come up just when you are recovering, and they only take your pk thunder, the shy guys screw with aerials and pk fire.....just.....just dont

heytallman

CTALL
I don't like it with Lucas, but I LOVE playing on it as ROB.

Back before I used ROB, I always banned this stage. As Lucas, I'd recommend you do the same.

Top Bottom