• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

marth CG

smasher01

Smash Ace
if Marth up throws a falco at 0% and the falco DIs in back you cant re grab right?

and whats with the pivot grab so the space animal cant shine out of it how does that work?
i always pivot grab them but they still shine out ?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i think its DI back and up where you cant regrab them instantaneously.

Also, if you can't get the pivot grab, you aren't doing it fast enough.

smasher01

Smash Ace
pivot grab is dash one direction than the other really fast right? i feel dumb for asking lol

ok so just pivot grab faster so they cant shine out.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
pivot grab is dash one direction than the other really fast right? i feel dumb for asking lol

ok so just pivot grab faster so they cant shine out.
I think you're probably doing a dashdance -> grab, which is slightly slower but works pretty well too.

If you were pivoting you would probably know because the timing is really specific.

You can tell if you pivoted or not because if you pivot then you just stand in place while if you don't pivot then you retain a little forwards momentum after the grab.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=188621&highlight=pivoting

^ This thread + the advanced how to play vids taught me pivoting.

smasher01

Smash Ace
so to pivot grab you flick one direction, manually bring the control stick back to neutral, flick the other direction and release.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
so to pivot grab you flick one direction, manually bring the control stick back to neutral, flick the other direction and release.
Basically, but I don't think it matters whether you manually bring the stick back the first time. I think you might be able to release the stick the first time, but the main thing is that the turnaround is a flick and you've got that right.

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
To pivot grab, just flick your control stick to one side and flick it back to the other side really fast. Think of it as a really fast dashdance but you don't really see yourself dash. Your character turns around really fast.

To pivot grab fox or falco, you need to pivot the opposite direction and back to regrab if you don't want to get shined. So if you're holding falco to the left side, you flick your control stick to the right then back left really fast and grab. If you're holding him infront of you to the right side, you flick your control stick to the left really fast and back right really fast to regrab.

Just practice.

smasher01

Smash Ace
To pivot grab, just flick your control stick to one side and flick it back to the other side really fast. Think of it as a really fast dashdance but you don't really see yourself dash. Your character turns around really fast.

To pivot grab fox or falco, you need to pivot the opposite direction and back to regrab if you don't want to get shined. So if you're holding falco to the left side, you flick your control stick to the right then back left really fast and grab. If you're holding him infront of you to the right side, you flick your control stick to the left really fast and back right really fast to regrab.

Just practice.
thanks dude i get it now:)

just like a really fast dash dance after the uthrow

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend

Just practice.
what the hell you're alive?

Top Bottom