• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evil is Disney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well you see one day i got interested a friend told me about disney. i went on google and i found this site

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Disney.html

i read everything and i was just flabberghasted by what i read. so i believed everything that website said personally . and now i cant come up to my mind believing if i should still associate myself in disney. i mean look at what that website says.

so anyways i thought this would be a good debate topic and i ask this

what do you think about disney yourself?

i would really like to hear your opinions. but please read the website first that was where i got all my opinions from and it would probably help with your opinion as well

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Simply by clicking on that website and taking the most cursory glace, you can tell that it is completely unprofessional and reeks of bias. The background is a tiled picture of a vampiric Mickey Mouse.

I've heard of the "SEX" in the dust in the single frame of the Lion King, and I've seen the image of the ***** on the underwater castle in the Little Mermaid both before. I've heard that Walt Disney himself was a Nazi sympathizer. Does that make me think that his corporation is evil? Not really, no.

I still thoroughly enjoy Disney movies. I grew up with them. The Lion King, Hercules, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, etc. were all staples of entertainment in my childhood. Even as I'm grown now, they still put out amazing movies with Disney Pixar like Finding Nemo and Up, etc. that are wonderful and amazing and child appropriate and entertaining.

Disney World, Disney Land, Epcot, etc. are all amazing places that can provide life changing experiences or childhood defining moments.

With regard to the sweatshop accusations, I'm sure that many corporations or conglomerates can be rightfully accused of the same thing. Regardless, I don't think that Disney is evil.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I've actually seen many of these, and truthfully. Look at many of the Disney movies and watch carefully on what they are saying without words.

Enchanted had (in my eyes) a large sexual reference in it, yet was rated PG and was a Disney movie (I feel targeted at obviously the younger girls, like most of their princess movies)

I've seen the "SEX" in the dust in Lion King. It's there for literally 1-2 frames and you have to pause the movie to see it. I've seen the Little Mermaid one, however if I remember correctly it was edited out in newer releases (so it won't be on DVD)

Perverted? Perhaps. Evil? Not really.

Fantasia has flying nude demons near the end when Mickey is in hell. (Watch that entire scene in slow motion, there are several parts where the demons are nude.) Feel free to prove me wrong if you can.

If I remember correctly (yet again), Lion King was based a bit off Hamlet. But besides, the kid's father dies. He has to kill his own uncle, and there were other things but I forget. There were some things wrong with Aladdin and pretty much all of the princess movies but I can't remember any of them.

In both Dumbo and Bambi, the poor kids lose their mothers.

There is a lot of things wrong with the movies... lol

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
well what about the fact that walt disney has killed off lots of mothers in thier movies. i know that that just helps move the story line along but if just feels that disney was just too lazy to come up with decent story lines. also what about the racial stereotypes that they show in the movies? every single arab in aladdin that isnt a protagonist or that doesnt help out aladdin in any other way have beards. thats supposed to be a stereotype for asians too right?

Also how bout the way they depict blacks in the movies. even though i didnt notice at first but the gorrillas in tarzan and the hyenas in tarzan and the crows in dumbo are supposed to be blacks right (well i noticed the crows in dumbo a long time ago). also in princess movies they always show the princesses, with the exception of mulan, as helpless damsels in destress. i mean they always show them indeffensless. even though that was accurate for the time but still. also with movies like mulan and poccahontas they always mess up the story. just to make them more sexy for the movies they make them older poccahontas and mulan are supposed to be younger like 12 or so years right?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, do you consider the Catholic Church evil because some priests touched and molested kids?

That's basically what happens with the Disney stuff: animators/producers can be evil people who put in perverted things into the movies.

They also made Pocahontas and Mulan older because of pedophilia reasons.

Also:

I've seen the "SEX" in the dust in Lion King. It's there for literally 1-2 frames and you have to pause the movie to see it. I've seen the Little Mermaid one, however if I remember correctly it was edited out in newer releases (so it won't be on DVD)

For Little Mermaid: http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/mermaid.asp
For Lion King: It's undetermined because their sound FX company was SFX, and the myth started from a 4-year-old finding it, which is a huge stretch.

If I remember correctly (yet again), Lion King was based a bit off Hamlet. But besides, the kid's father dies. He has to kill his own uncle, and there were other things but I forget. There were some things wrong with Aladdin and pretty much all of the princess movies but I can't remember any of them.
No. No, no no no no. This is what Lion King was based off of: http://www.kimbawlion.com/

It's actually a dead on rip-off of Kimba.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
In my opinion the "sex" in The Lion King and the ***** in The Little Mermaid may not have been placed there on purpose. It is very easy to see things that aren't there if you are specifically looking for them. For instance, think about how you can construct images out of clouds, or how people claim to see images of Jesus on a piece of toast.

I would like to pose this question. Of those who claim to see it, who noticed it when they saw the movie? I would be willing to bet most people only noticed it on websites and still frames where they had already been told it was there.

There are many other issues with Disney I'd like to come back on, but I have to go to work. I'll be back.

SuSa

Well, do you consider the Catholic Church evil because some priests touched and molested kids?

That's basically what happens with the Disney stuff: animators/producers can be evil people who put in perverted things into the movies.

They also made Pocahontas and Mulan older because of pedophilia reasons.

Also:

For Little Mermaid: http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/mermaid.asp
For Lion King: It's undetermined because their sound FX company was SFX, and the myth started from a 4-year-old finding it, which is a huge stretch.

No. No, no no no no. This is what Lion King was based off of: http://www.kimbawlion.com/

It's actually a dead on rip-off of Kimba.
Holy ****, poor Kimba.....I never knew that.... (I know some Disney movie or another was based off of Hamlet though, I've had 2 teachers in my lifetime tell me so in my English class I just forget which ones....

So they'd advertise their sound company for 1-2 frames in the sky? That in itself is a stretch. :ohwell:

Also I knew about Pocahontas - I don't know much about Mulan. Hell, I've never even seen the movie.

But is it some animators or most? I'm sure with enough time you can find wrong things in over half of their films. Many of them are small... I think it was Pinocchio that was the racist one? Can't remember exactly what they did right now though...

I went through a whole phase of "Disney is evil and I'm going to watch all the Disney movies I have closely for bad stuff"

Oh, and in my favorite movie. "The Fox and the Hound" the Fox's mother dies (yeah? another mother death) and he is orphaned. Later in life his best friend is basically forced to hunt him just because he's a Fox. <_<

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Holy ****, poor Kimba.....I never knew that.... (I know some Disney movie or another was based off of Hamlet though, I've had 2 teachers in my lifetime tell me so in my English class I just forget which ones....

So they'd advertise their sound company for 1-2 frames in the sky? That in itself is a stretch. :ohwell:

Also I knew about Pocahontas - I don't know much about Mulan. Hell, I've never even seen the movie.

But is it some animators or most? I'm sure with enough time you can find wrong things in over half of their films. Many of them are small... I think it was Pinocchio that was the racist one? Can't remember exactly what they did right now though...

I went through a whole phase of "Disney is evil and I'm going to watch all the Disney movies I have closely for bad stuff"

Oh, and in my favorite movie. "The Fox and the Hound" the Fox's mother dies (yeah? another mother death) and he is orphaned. Later in life his best friend is basically forced to hunt him just because he's a Fox. <_<
More than half has wrong things? Not true at all. In fact, most have been just instances of people over reading into it. With SFX, it'd be a subtle nod to the company instead of a full-blown thing, and it actually appears twice, supposedly. Also, with the origin of it beging so vague, I can see this being more likely.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
I think Disney usually has fairly positive and morally sound themes behind there movies. I recently watched Wall-E and A Bug's Life so I will use these movies as examples. Instead of typing out a whole plot summary I'll cut to the chase; Wall-E has an anti-pollution message behind it and A Bug's Life shows how just one ant can make a difference when he stands up for himself.

Can anyone give examples of Disney movies with questionable themes? And I am not talking about 2 frames of what might be the word sex, I mean the major plot line. If I was baby-sitting a 7 year old kid and I wanted to make sure the movie I was showing them was appropriate, I would feel safe with any Disney movie.

SuSa

More than half has wrong things? Not true at all. In fact, most have been just instances of people over reading into it. With SFX, it'd be a subtle nod to the company instead of a full-blown thing, and it actually appears twice, supposedly. Also, with the origin of it beging so vague, I can see this being more likely.
Over reading or noticing things? The "your looking to hard" is a great excuse to get rid of a lot of conspiracies and doubts.... There generally is very little middle ground for this sort of thing.

9/11, government scheme to start war for money and oil or truthful terrorist attack? I've seen the evidence for the scheme and by **** it's pretty good.... the evidence of it not being a scheme goes something like "It isn't, just believe us and stop looking so hard" Coupled with "Why would we do that?"

It's the best cover up in the world. Because, you never will really know unless they spill the beans. Now would you?

I think Disney usually has fairly positive and morally sound themes behind there movies. I recently watched Wall-E and A Bug's Life so I will use these movies as examples. Instead of typing out a whole plot summary I'll cut to the chase; Wall-E has an anti-pollution message behind it and A Bug's Life shows how just one ant can make a difference when he stands up for himself.

Can anyone give examples of Disney movies with questionable themes? And I am not talking about 2 frames of what might be the word sex, I mean the major plot line. If I was baby-sitting a 7 year old kid and I wanted to make sure the movie I was showing them was appropriate, I would feel safe with any Disney movie.
I can't really debate on Wall-E, I've seen the movie only once and at that I was more or less spending time with my girlfriend then actually watching the movie.

A Bug's Life shows a rather dark theme at the same time. And some quotes are...questionable...while others can be seen as actual facts and based off the bug - the entire movie could be seen in another light.

"Hopper: You piece of dirt! No, I'm wrong. You're lower than dirt. You're an ant! " (The Grasshoppers could represent a larger country, that use the lower country for their supplies. In this case - food.)

"Queen: It's the same year after year, they come, they eat, they leave; that's our lot in life. It's not a lot, but it's our life. " (Leader saying live with it? Colony of ants could equate to a country)

Have fun explaining suicide to your child. I could think of multiple other words that would have fit, hell "idiotic" would have been a better word.
"Queen: Why didn't I think of that? Oh, because it's suicide. "

While accurate, even more death:
"Fly: I only got twenty-four hours to live, and I ain't gonna waste it here. "

Still accurate, more death:
"Rosie: And that's how my twelfth husband died. So, now I'm a widow. I mean, I've always been a black widow, but now I'm a black widow *widow*. "

Because this is child appropriate:
"Fly: Hey, cutie! Wanna pollinate with a real bug? "

Isn't slavery fun?
"Hopper: Not one ant sleeps until we get every scrap of food on this island! "

"Flik: For the colony, and for oppressed ants everywhere! "
I'd change the word ants, but then I'd be racist.

Because risking your life for your country is brave!:
"Princess Atta: The caterpillar's using himself as live bait.
Mr. Soil: How brave! "

Hey look, bad guy's mother died:
"Hopper: I swear, if I hadn't promised Mother on her deathbed that I wouldn't kill you, I would kill you!"

Off topic:
This is going to be my new signature:
"Hopper: First rule of leadership: Everything is your fault. "

And those were only quotes I could find off of:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120623/quotes

I'm sure there are some videographic things that could be found offensive. No words needed.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
well what about the fact that walt disney has killed off lots of mothers in thier movies. i know that that just helps move the story line along but if just feels that disney was just too lazy to come up with decent story lines. also what about the racial stereotypes that they show in the movies? every single arab in aladdin that isnt a protagonist or that doesnt help out aladdin in any other way have beards. thats supposed to be a stereotype for asians too right?

Also how bout the way they depict blacks in the movies. even though i didnt notice at first but the gorrillas in tarzan and the hyenas in tarzan and the crows in dumbo are supposed to be blacks right (well i noticed the crows in dumbo a long time ago). also in princess movies they always show the princesses, with the exception of mulan, as helpless damsels in destress. i mean they always show them indeffensless. even though that was accurate for the time but still. also with movies like mulan and poccahontas they always mess up the story. just to make them more sexy for the movies they make them older poccahontas and mulan are supposed to be younger like 12 or so years right?
If a lot of mother character in Disney movies have died, that doesn't make Disney evil. Most of these movies are about some kind of adventure or struggle. Most of them are also about a coming-of-age protagonist. Combine struggle with youth or willingness to prove yourself and you can easily get the death of a mentor or parent as a catalyst for action. In Bambi, the mother is hunted and dies. That is probably the most sad part of the movie, it is the climax of emotion in the movie. That doesn't make it evil at all. It's dramatic.

Another question that rises: is this not a good way to introduce death to your growing children? Death is an extremely touchy subject with children but they all must learn what it means to live and die. Learning what death is while entertained with your favorite movie and enthralled by the adventures of Thumper from Bambi or Simba from the Lion King is probably one of the best ways to introduce your child to the idea that death is a fact of life.

You cannot say that Disney is too lazy to come up with their own stories because parents die in their movies too often. Citing that The Lion King was ripped from Kimba the Lion or reminding everyone that the early Disney movies are not necessarily original works (Hercules and all the mythology it is loosely based on, Aladdin and the culture of the East and 1001 Nights and other stories, etc.) is a good way to argue that some Disney movies are not the most original, but you can't say the same thing about all Disney movies and you can say the same thing about a lot of stories, books, plays, or movies. More to the point, however, is that it doesn't make Disney evil.

You said that every single person in Aladdin who is evil or doesn't help Aladdin has a beard. First of all, the characters that do help Aladdin are mostly non-human: a little monkey, a genie, a carpet, Jasmine the princess. Jasmine's father, the king, has a beard, and he is a good guy. But then the majority of the rest of the cast... well, they don't help Aladdin. But just watching the introduction to the movie, the song "Arabian Nights," you can see that many of the characters, including the fire breather, do not have beards. Of course I visited Arabian Nights because of the "cut off your ear if they don't like your face," which was edited out of the English version because it was thought to be too disturbing. These things get edited out for a reason.

You cited that the princesses of Disney movies were damsels in distress and defenseless as a source of argument that Disney is evil, but then you turned around and said that it was accurate for the time? Um. Princesses often play the damsel in distress in all kinds of culture, but yes, CK already cited Mulan and Pocahontas as characters who are not damsels in distress but were aged for legitimate reasons. Also, the new movie coming out, The Princess in the Frog, the title character is definitely not a damsel in distress. And even if she were, that would not make Disney evil.

I agree completely.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Calling the entire Disney company evil with evidence from a few isolated sources is ridiculous. This website is obviously biased.

Disney movies are good, and while they might not be the most original movies, they show good messages and are enjoyable for young and old alike. I have no reason to believe that disney is an evil company.

Death in Disney movies is just sometimes an important plot element. I don't think that this is wrong to show to children who are old enough to watch movies in gnereal. Death is just a fact of life, and deaths in Disney movies are obviously not very gory, or sick.

Anyways, evil is a bad word for this. Perverted is much more applicable.

@SuSa Yeah Lion King borrows a lot of plot elements from Hamlet.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
For Lion King: It's undetermined because their sound FX company was SFX
no, no, no, no, no. It's an abbreviation for special effects.

Just to clarify for everyone, the SFX in the Lion King WAS PURPOSELY put in the movie. However, it was merely the work of the special effects animators as a little signature of their work. Because of complaints, in the re-release many years later, it was taken out.

As far as the little mermaid thing...ugh -_- really? THIS is stupid.
look -->

8===D

Do you see my point? It is REALLY easy to make ANYTHING look like that. From the picture on the cover, the only thing that really MAKES in look like a ***** rather than just a bar is the one little line that makes it look like the head.

Also, breaking down every single line in A Bug's Life isn't really doing anything for the argument that A Bug's Life is inappropriate for little kids. A lot of those lines are for pure comedic purposes. Now, what creates humor, in general?

The three biggest things than spawn laughs are
1. sarcasm
2. someone's misfortune (eg. getting hit in the face with something, someone slips on banana peel)
3. sexual innuendos
(if you want to tack on another one, fart jokes, but PLEASE disney movies already have enough of those)

You could easily make an argument that almost all humor is inappropriate for little kids. I mean, to look at Disney movies and say hmm, this is inappropriate and evil makes me say "What movies would you suggest we have our kids watch instead?" There really aren't much more wholesome movies than Disney movies out there.

to the op:
Please provide some REAL arguments to make this an actual debate. This shouldn't be "this is what I think. now argue against me and i'll counter your argument." You should provide some points and then we can debate against you. But if you're seriously just going to go off of that site, then you don't have very much. Like someone said...the background? Bias much?

=]

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
I can't really debate on Wall-E, I've seen the movie only once and at that I was more or less spending time with my girlfriend then actually watching the movie.

A Bug's Life shows a rather dark theme at the same time. And some quotes are...questionable...while others can be seen as actual facts and based off the bug - the entire movie could be seen in another light.
I wouldn't call it dark. At its heart it is about standing up to injustice and fighting for your personal rights. It is about breaking free from the reigns of an evil leader. I would want a kid to learn to stick up for themselves. I would want them to know that it is okay to disagree with the status quo imposed by leaders.

Now let's delve into the quotes. My responses are red.

-----------------------------
"Hopper: You piece of dirt! No, I'm wrong. You're lower than dirt. You're an ant! " (The Grasshoppers could represent a larger country, that use the lower country for their supplies. In this case - food.)

And you think its okay that an entire country would be used as a slave force to gather food? I love how the ants rebel against this. Standing up against evil is definitely a morally sound theme.

"Queen: It's the same year after year, they come, they eat, they leave; that's our lot in life. It's not a lot, but it's our life. " (Leader saying live with it? Colony of ants could equate to a country)

The movie shows that it is not okay. The ants rebel against the grasshoppers. A movie has to sometimes present what is wrong to show what is right.

Have fun explaining suicide to your child. I could think of multiple other words that would have fit, hell "idiotic" would have been a better word.
"Queen: Why didn't I think of that? Oh, because it's suicide. "

I really don't find the word that taboo. Used in this context it was most likely the queen alluding that something was so dangerous that she could die. Yes, I would be okay with a kid seeing that you shouldn't do something that could make you die. The word is not used in context where you would have to explain to a kid that some people hate their lives and choose to end it. Most kids would just process this as meaning "idiotic".

While accurate, even more death:
"Fly: I only got twenty-four hours to live, and I ain't gonna waste it here. "

Kids know things die. By the time they see this movie they most likely will have personally squashed about 20 bugs themselves. I don't think it is morally wrong to let kids know animals die. That is just common sense.

Still accurate, more death:
"Rosie: And that's how my twelfth husband died. So, now I'm a widow. I mean, I've always been a black widow, but now I'm a black widow *widow*. "

See above

You honestly find this offensive? Anyway the word pollinate would make it fly over most kids' heads. As far as sexual innuendos go this is about as tame as it gets

Isn't slavery fun?

Yes, but the ants rebel against this, which shows how slavery is wrong. That is the point behind the movie.

I don't get why you included this one. Do you find the word oppressed offensive? Flik stands up against oppression. It is justice!

He didn't risk himself for his country, he risked himself to save the little ant's life (I think her name was dot). It was brave, and dramatic! There is nothing I see wrong here. How bland does the movie have to be to show it to kids? Would you rather the caterpillar sit back and do nothing? Personally, I think that would be less morally sound.

"Hopper: I swear, if I hadn't promised Mother on her deathbed that I wouldn't kill you, I would kill you!"

Well, looks like on the very last one you got me. I would rather they wouldn't want to kill hopper.

Off topic:, t
This is going to be my new signature:

And those were only quotes I could find off of:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120623/quotes

I'm sure there are some videographic things that could be found offensive. No words needed.

No, there really isn't anything else I would view as offensive, and this is including your quotes. You presented things that were shown to be morally wrong through the movie itself.

SuSa

You honestly find this offensive? Anyway the word pollinate would make it fly over most kids' heads. As far as sexual innuendos go this is about as tame as it gets

But does that make it any better? The fact they placed this into a kids movie show's it really didn't need to be there.

Isn't slavery fun?

Yes, but the ants rebel against this, which shows how slavery is wrong. That is the point behind the movie.

I don't get why you included this one. Do you find the word oppressed offensive? Flik stands up against oppression. It is justice!
You didn't read my comment.

He didn't risk himself for his country, he risked himself to save the little ant's life (I think her name was dot). It was brave, and dramatic! There is nothing I see wrong here. How bland does the movie have to be to show it to kids? Would you rather the caterpillar sit back and do nothing? Personally, I think that would be less morally sound.

Ok, took it out of context. Haven't seen the movie for years. I'm allowed to forget bits and pieces.

Well, looks like on the very last one you got me. I would rather they wouldn't want to kill hopper.

Hopper promised mother that he wouldn't kill, I completely forget which character... it's another grasshopper though. My point is Disney movies seem to have a lot of mothers die...

No, there really isn't anything else I would view as offensive, and this is including your quotes. You presented things that were shown to be morally wrong through the movie itself.
If I read some Disney movies I'd see far less with many after I watch them....

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well alright the movies might not be evil BUT I'd like to point out about the condition of the disney parks. I'm not saying this is evil but I'd like to point out that it is possible that they don't care for the people and all they care for is the money. For example going to disney its like suicide. Now of course other parks have their accidents but I've heard from many people that is on this website that they don't call the ambulances. Now what I didn't know and that it is probable is that they use only normal vans for ambulances. According to the site it says thatin one incident had they used a real ambulance the guy that died would have had a 50-50 chance he would have lived. Appearently the only reason the guy died was that using a normal van made them obey all speed limits and had to wait in traffic.

Now I think that people would like disney more and have better opinions about them if they had at least tell the truth. Disney has an annual gay day and people get pamphlets with mickey and donald , if I'm not wrong, holding hands like a gay couple. Disney afterwards deny that they send people those pamphlets. Now that disney says that they probably lose the sympathy of gay and lesbian couples. And since there are a large number of intergender couples that could be bad for sales.plus the untruthfullness of disney could also make others lose sympathy for disney. So in all if disney was more truthful more people would probably buy more disney stuff and their sales might go up as a result.

Now what about all the **** accusations? I know that doesn't make disney evil either but its what they do about it that makes me bring this up. When they find out that their employees are rapist or **** someone they don't call the police they just fire the person. Would that be the right thing to do or do they care or are they just being careless?

FearTheMateria

Smash Apprentice
The Disney Corporation in and of itself is an evil corporation. Sure the website linked is a biased source, but that does not mean that it's information is inaccurate.

Disney is a bloodsucking mega corporation that depends on your lifeblood (i.e. money) to survive. It is very intelligent and disguises in itself in camouflage so that its true parasitic intent is well masked before it begins to feed upon you.

Now aside from the metaphor, Disney does not like to lose money and does whatever it can to keep as much profit as possible. The reason they invest in non-profit organizations? It is required by the government and makes them look better in the public eye (Camouflage, yes?). The reason they pursue copyright infringement on a regular basis? Although they DO have rights to their own creation, they DO NOT WANT anyone else to have even the slightest access to their characters.

Most ridiculous Disney Copyright Infringement Lawsuit:
A Day Care Center which advertised their products to kids. Hanna-Barbara scooped up this one.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The Disney Corporation in and of itself is an evil corporation. Sure the website linked is a biased source, but that does not mean that it's information is inaccurate.

Disney is a bloodsucking mega corporation that depends on your lifeblood (i.e. money) to survive. It is very intelligent and disguises in itself in camouflage so that its true parasitic intent is well masked before it begins to feed upon you.

Now aside from the metaphor, Disney does not like to lose money and does whatever it can to keep as much profit as possible. The reason they invest in non-profit organizations? It is required by the government and makes them look better in the public eye (Camouflage, yes?). The reason they pursue copyright infringement on a regular basis? Although they DO have rights to their own creation, they DO NOT WANT anyone else to have even the slightest access to their characters.

Most ridiculous Disney Copyright Infringement Lawsuit:
A Day Care Center which advertised their products to kids. Hanna-Barbara scooped up this one.
I never expected for you to agree with me on this subject. Sorry I needed to state that

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Over reading or noticing things? The "your looking to hard" is a great excuse to get rid of a lot of conspiracies and doubts.... There generally is very little middle ground for this sort of thing.

Isn't slavery fun?

If Hopper is the antagonist, then him saying things that are bad shows that they are trying to show the things he says as bad things. So overall him saying those things means Disney is trying to make kids think that stuff is wrong, which it is.
However I do agree "looking to hard" is a weak excuse. The quote I underlined is innuendo, but while it is, many kids wouldn't realise it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom