• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

\\--Brazilian Smash--//

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
The reason these vids aren't in the video thread is because I want to specifically show everyone what Smash in Brazil is like.

Hi everyone. It's been a while :)

While I have the chance, it'd like to let you all have a glimpse of what Brawl here in Brazil is like.

Here are some vids:

1st Day

Semi-Quarter Finals
Affinity (MK) x Nego (Snake) 1&2
Affinity (MK) x Nego (Snake) 3

Quarter Finals
Kovarish (Olimar) x Player 7 (MK) 1&2

Semi Finals
Banze (Diddy) x Solid (Wario) 1
Banze (Diddy) x Solid (Snake) 2

Grand Finals
Banze (Diddy) x Affinity (MK) 1
Banze (Diddy) x Affinity (MK) 2&3

2nd Day

Quarter Finals
Kovarish (Olimar) x Gust2 (Diddy) 1&2

Semi Finals
Kovarish (Olimar) x Nrick (Toon link) 1&2

Semi Finals
Phoca (Snake) x R (MK) 1
Phoca(Snake) x R (MK) 2

Grand Finals
Kovarish (Olimar) x R (MK) 1&2
Kovarish (Olimar) x R (MK) 3 <------ No video, due to technical difficulties (Kovarish wins on Pirate Ship)
Kovarish (Olimar) x R (MK) 4
Kovarish (Olimar) x R (MK) 5

Bonus - Kovarish (Olimar) x R (MK) 5 - w/ Crowd Cheering, Crowd Shots (WATCH THE ORIGINAL MATCH FIRST)

???nd Day

Grand Finals
Snego (Snake) x Chaud (Wolf) 1
Snego (Snake) x Chaud (Wolf) 2
Snego (Snake) x Chaud (Wolf) 3
Snego (Snake) x Chaud (Wolf) 4
Snego (Snake) x Chaud (Wolf) 5

For more Brazilian Brawl vids, go to this channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/powershieldsmash

Videos will be added almost, if not, everyday to this channel by the TO. Anime Friends (the AnimeFest hosting this) is doing 8 days of tournaments before the final championship bracket, which is pulling in Smashers from all over Brazil (EVEN THE AMAZON!!!).

Since I won, I won't be able to enter any more tournaments until the champ bracket, which means you'll get to see a large diversity of players.

That's all for now :)

-Affinity

TheMike

Smash Lord
hey affinity =]
u against me was the quarter-finals

u vs nego was a round before...

and i really wanted to see the set Affinity vs Kovarish, but i could´t =[
see u later =x

nevershootme

Smash Master
Since I won, I won't be able to enter any more tournaments until the champ bracket, which means you'll get to see a large diversity of players.

That's all for now :)

-Affinity
hmm, how do they run tournaments in Brazil. so i guess you're in a circuit that's happening right now and they have the amateur and pro bracket system. do you get money since you won last saturday's tournament or you get the money

edit: nvm so it's part of EVO South America that's happening >_> how much is the prize over there if you win.

Diew

Smash Rookie
Oh, I really wanted to go and I'm dying to play with you and all the other guys at SP. :(

But at least you're playing with my friends from Amazon, lol.

Tadpole Angel

Smash Rookie
Great videos, Affinity! Some beautiful use of edgeguarding on the first of the Grand Finals videos on your part. :)

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
-HUGE OP UPDATE-​

Too bad you didn't get to meet Kizzu before he quit XD
lol Yeah, I've had a few people tell me that.

Affinity your MK is good how well do you do in tournament around where you live?
Pretty well

edit: nvm so it's part of EVO South America that's happening >_> how much is the prize over there if you win.
I've been told a few different things, but from what I've gathered you win a ~40-50 in HDTV and Plane Ticket to next year's World EVO in Las Vegas.

TheMike

Smash Lord
i think u win a nintendo wii =x
and those matches are at kizzukun's channel too

Padô

Smash Lord
People keep talking about Kizzu while he's a trashcan...

He started to play brawl and he saw new players were pwning his *** so he quit and btw he wasnt the greatest melee player on brazil... Afinnity played the best Melee Marth on Brazil but on Brawl and he'll probably play the best fox soon...

Nintendo Wii and Plane Ticktet to the first place
Second a DS

Affinity is the best MK player I've played. He's great and plays consciently, different from other MKs around here that just hit hit hit and hit. I gotta thank him for showing our videos here, since people think we only play soccer here but i'm doing this IRL.

tocador

Smash Lord
Champs in brazil are preety much like in US, just that we have hot chick and you dont :B.

/inb4theflame

The only notable differences are on the stage counterpicking sistem. I think we have less stages to counterpick and our neutrals are less too. And if i remember right we dont ban stages :B.

lampiaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
jp_lampi
People keep talking about Kizzu while he's a trashcan...

He started to play brawl and he saw new players were pwning his *** so he quit and btw he wasnt the greatest melee player on brazil... Afinnity played the best Melee Marth on Brazil but on Brawl and he'll probably play the best fox soon...
QFT

10quitters

Top Bottom