• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baton Rouge Monthlies (Next: 7/18/09)

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I decided to just make a separate thread for the monthlies that I run in Baton Rouge. I'll generally try to place them on the third weekend of each month, but there are no guarantees.

Here's the information for the next tournament:

11831 Coursey Blvd, Suite B
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
Phone: (225) 291-8020

Parking is a bit limited. It's recommended that you carpool/ get a ride to the venue if possible.

Date/Time:
Saturday, July 18th, 2009
Show up for 11:30, we'll aim to start for 12:30
This will be an all day kind of thing, so please be prepared to stay. Also, it is advisable to eat lunch before you come. There are snacks and stuff at the venue, but I don't want people leaving in the middle of the tournament to go eat.

Entry/ Prizes:
$5 entry per division
$2 venue fee (waived with a FULL setup)

55/25/15/5 cash split (this might be different for any team tournament, depending on entrants)

Divisions:

Singles
Teams/ Low Tier - This will be decided on the day of the tournament by a vote of the players who are present.

Baton Rouge Monthly ruleset:

KNOW THESE! I will hold every player responsible for knowing the rules. If you play a game on a stage you didn't know was banned, TOO BAD.

Know the rules.

-$5 per person per division
-3 stock; 8:00 (ties by percent/stock)
-Team attack on
-1v1; all items off and set to none; best 2/3; all finals 3/5 (time permitting)
-Bring your own controller
-advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in a set
-Don't load through Homebrew without talking to the TO first! The ONLY hacks I will permit are infinite replay and tags in replays.
-If you're late for a round, I'll postpone your match. If you aren't there by the end of the round, then you get a loss. I'll give a minimum of ~5 minutes leeway. Basically, don't be late or you lose!

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM. Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

Stage List
------------

Starter:
Lylat, FD, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's, Castle Siege, Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick:

Delfino, Halberd, Brinstar, Frigate, Rainbow Cruise, PS2, Pictochat, Norfair, Jungle Japes, and Pirate Ship

Banned:
The rest

-----------------

I like having at least 8 setups. I've got 2 between Alex and myself. The venue fee is waived if you bring a FULL setup (Wii+TV) that we use. Any equipment is always welcome.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Winnar isn't gonna be able to make this one 'cuz he'll be out of town. I'm hoping to make this. I'll know for sure within the next few days or so. If I can make it, I can bring a TV.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
That'll be cool, Zigsta. I imagine we'll have Nick's setup if he comes. That's at least 4 setups so far since the venue has a Wii already.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It's not looking too good for me right now, I'm afraid. I'm in need of a ride, as playing Brawl the whole day plus a three hour drive total doesn't mesh well with my dry eyes. XD

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
What about the other Slidell people? I know there's more than just you and Winnar. Though I guess you would've talked to them already.

We need setups!! Please bring stuff, it's always helpful! Thanks!

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah too bad I'll be too busy driving to vacation paradise to go to this.

Half sarcasm, half genuine regret that I'm missing yet another tournament :(

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Zigsta, that sucks. There will probably be another one of these on the third Saturday of August (nothing confirmed yet), so maybe you can make that before you return to Austin.

Again, setups are needed! It's a huge help, and the tournament won't be anything without them. Bring stuff! Thanks!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I should still be in town then. Not sure what my plans will be then, but I'll keep you all posted.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I'll be there but I'll probably have to leave around like 5:45 to make it to a wedding. I'll let you borrow my stuff for even after I leave though.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Cool. Nick, Curlz, Arc/ Justin, Blaine (I think), and myself (x2) gives us 6 setups. There's a Wii at the venue. I don't know if it has all of the necessary stages unlocked, though.

We still need a few more setups!

I appreciate all of the help, thanks!

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Setups are looking good, but we still need more TVs.

I'm getting excited. I haven't played in a few weeks, so I'm hoping to do pretty well tomorrow. Unless I decide to fall into all my old habits anyways, haha.

Ruse

Fox
If you weren't a competitive melee player when melee was out it is basicaly pointless to try and play it competitively. There is WAY too much of a skill gap, and the game is hard to play at a top level anyway.
I play Melee for fun.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, these are on hold while I get venue stuff sorted out. Hopefully it'll be soon, but I really don't know when it'll happen.

Top Bottom