• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Say thank you to the Zelda boards for this.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
MODS feel free to close this by the next 5 days. I made this thread so it can grab all the attention from the fox boards and because what the zelda boards discovered also works in fox's favor. I believe this is a very important aspect to fox's game and will help the metagame for fox rise for the better.

Not an entirely new form of DI'ing but an additional help towards keeping fox alive. MUST READ.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240920&page=3

How to perform:
1. Aerial momentum cancel with Uair>Shine Reverse (with fox's back towards the stage)
2. Aerial momentum cancel with Uair>Shine Reverse>B reversal Laser.

these are the two methods Ankoku Marsulas and I came up with for fox. I'm working security from now till 3am. So a video is out the question for me. YES this works, YES i did the testing YES it is reccommended YES it is definitly worth the effort.

M@V. make sure you pick this up and add it to your thread.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
ill try this shiz now

EDIT: i can't do it T_T i just get a massive boost and die from my attempted reverse shine

DarkAura

Smash Lord
im still lost... a reverse shine is when you start the shine in the opposite direction you started in right? and do i need to fastfall the Uair?

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
im still lost... a reverse shine is when you start the shine in the opposite direction you started in right? and do i need to fastfall the Uair?
Like this:
1. Fox gets hit
2. DI up + FF Single Uair
3. Right now you are looking at the stage, you want to shine reverse so that you are looking at the death screen (fox's eyes)

Like i said Aura, there only is slight difference in the two shine's but it does help sometimes and i honestly think whatever help fox can get, it must be explored and tested till we realize what he's capable of.

Personally i have my own ways of DI'ing but this will come to mind occassionally

off to work if you wanna talk about anything from this thread IM me on AIM : ZB x r00kie

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Anything to make Fox live longer is going to improve his metagame, I cant wait to see what all the Fox mains say when they get on and see this.

I always knew shine had some sort of potential for DI but never bothered to really check it out fully. I'm wondering how much of a difference that this really does make though.....if it is as effective as bucket braking for G&W and Fox can start surviving past 120% on a regular basis............we could see Fox all of a sudden become a little more tournament viable.

M@v

Subarashii!
Big problem i see with this is youll be facing the wrong way for rising fair. Unless you shine reversal twice.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea well to be honest it doesn't really matter if your not in position for rising fair if your dead lol. Even without rising fair you'll still have your second jump available so you will be able to get basck to the stage........you won't get back safe but you'll still be alive and that's the main thing.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Mav, you can rising fair regardless of where you're facing. This isn't melee, you can grab the edge if you're facing backwards.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
i still can't do this... and if i am doing it right i don't know what it looks like compared to the zelda thing so i need a video on this

M@v

Subarashii!
Mav, you can rising fair regardless of where you're facing. This isn't melee, you can grab the edge if you're facing backwards.
You dont get it though. Doing a rising fair does you near nothing if your facing backwards. One of the reasons its so good is that it gives you a lot of horizontal momentum as well. Thats lost if you do it backwards

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Inputs (Assuming default settings):

D= Directional Stick
C = C-stick

Using the numbered way of noting what direction to face (assuming you're originally facing right, 5 is neutral)
Code:
7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3
Getting knocked to the left -

1) SDI/DI goes: D9 C6
2) Momentum cancel goes: C2 D8
3) At this point, Fox is most likely facing the stage (there are some moves that make you face backwards, too specific to research right now), so reverse shine: 214B

This is just with a few minutes of testing. If you're having trouble with the reverse shine motion, try a Reverse Dragon Punch motion (412B) until you get the timing down fluidly.

This can easily be improved on, but hitting the reverse shine is the hardest part.

Virgman

Smash Apprentice
I've been testing this thing for about an hour and it seems weird. Some of the time it stops earlier than no shine and forward shine, but then other times it goes just as far. Is there a way to perfect reverse shine cuz it seems like that's what I'm getting sometimes.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
So there's no "perfect reverse shine" then. Is it just shine>quick turn around while in shine?
tilting it down and oppisite direction of where you're facing should work.

i think.

like, diagonally downwards.

Virgman

Smash Apprentice
I tried diagonally downwards but I didn't get it with that. I'm really only getting the momentum cancel like half the time I reverse shine. But I'm just doing it by turning around in the shine really quickly. The reverse shine is not difficult, but sometimes it goes just as far as forward shine or plain DI. That's why I think I'm doing it wrong most of the time. I'm just gonna wait for a vid so I can make sure I know what exactly it looks like. Nice suggestion though Jenkins.

Charoo

Smash Champion
i wanna see a vid of this. Some1 please post it up?

I tried it but it doesn't seem the same as zelda's or dk's.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
**** it all, i thought of trying this a long *** time ago but never followed my gut feeling, stupid freaking lazyness...

anyways, good ****.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
I'm glad you guys are making the best of this thread :D thank you all for the coporation :D and hey guys today is my bday finally 21. M@v already wished me 22 Pika CG's 21 and 1 for good luck anyone wanna shoot for an infinite on me? :D silly fox's :D

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
I can't see an effect when I use this, and I'm actually not bad at down B reversing, so a vid would be very nice.

TKD

Smash Lord
Make a video. I don't think this works. Zelda's neutral special and Donkey's over special can be pivoted (b-sticked), which is what they do to reduce their momentum. Fox's shine doesn't have a pivot. His blaster does. I would believe you if you told us to pivot a blaster shot. In my experience, shine makes you reach the blast zone more quickly.

Top Bottom