• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yasumicon 2009 @ FIU - Miami, FL - July 11- Brawl - OFFICIAL RESULTS

nevershootme

Smash Master
DOUBLES

1: Afro Brick (Afro + Seibrik) ($132.00) (MK + Snake, Wario)
2: Triple baka (galeon + nick riddle) ($66.00) (ZSS + Lucas)
3: Jump around do Ghost **** (MVD + Sonic ghost) ($22.00) (MK + Snake)
4: Squirt (Shaky + Serg) (Bowser + Ness)
5: Happy Happy Banana (SheikSSBM + Emo Wolf) (Luigi + Wolf)
5: Team Luigi (DewDaDash + ******) (DeDeDe + Rob)
7: lol wifi (ESAM + Polt) (Pikachu + Yoshi)
7: Team Random (Gato + Urban) (Pit + Olimar)
9: bonesaw massacare (Champ + bonesaw)
9: Uncle Phil becomes Dictator of Bosnia (VeryCoolGuy + WindeX)
9: 2 M's (M!X + VTEC)
9: MOB (Brianna + Lee)

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6301/douibles.gif

SINGLES

1: ESAM ($271.40) (Pikachu) (Top 3 Split)
2: Seibrik ($118.00) (MK, DDD) (Top 3 Split)
3: Nick Riddle ($82.60) (ZSS) (Top 3 Split)
4: Underground ($47.20) (Falco)
5: Afro ($23.60) (Snake, Wario)
5: Serg ($23.60) (Bowser, Luigi)
7: Poltergust ($11.8) (Yoshi)
7: Alex ($11.8) (Advent Lee, Diddy)
9: Bonesaw (MK)
9: Tommy G (Falco)
9: DC (Kirby)
9: SheikSSBM (Luigi, DDD)
13: DewDaDash (DDD)
13: WindeX (MK, Falco)
13: Champ (Donkey Kong)
13: MVD (Snake)
17: Galeon (Lucas)
17: Izzy (G&W)
17: ice
17: Shaky (Ness)
17: M!X (Snake + Kirby)
17: VTEC (DDD)
17: Emo Wolf (Wolf + G&W)
17: Xaltis (Falco)
25: Snipa (Ice Climbers)
25: Tico (G&W)
25: Gato (Pit)
25: Dfear (Diddy)
25: Green Ace (Pikachu)
25: Zelse
25: Urban (Olimar)
25: Tom
33: Brian
33: CrazySpade (Olimar)
33: Casper
33: Eric E
33: GorditoBoy
33: 8-Bit (I barely played much, had to forefit immediately to finish running the tourney) (Snake + MK)
33: Chris
33: BBQ TV
33: VeryCoolGuy
33: ****** (ROB)
33: Sonic Ghost (Never participated, had to leave early)
33: Brianna
33: MetaEvil (Falco)
33: Gabriel G
33: Luis (Never participated, didn't pay fee)
33: Gary
49: Josh N
49: Victor
49: GC
49: Doom (Ike)
49: gil (Marth)
49: Eric
49: Gamma
49: Frank
49: Jose
49: vic
49: Cane
49: Avant (Marth)
49: Shawn P

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8027/singles.gif

Notes:
-There were issues with the con itself being stupid in setting up. Originally the game room was supposed to be setup on friday, but a frat took over the room and was denided access.

-There were power problems causing a bunch of xbox and ps3 systems with no power... and no power on the brawl side

-The way things were handled in letting people in was kinda ridiculous, but reasonable cuz **** keeps getting stolen every time

-Tournament was managed to end on time without pulling a 2 day event

-Originally i was gonna do pools but not enough time, I shoulda did double elim pools in consideration, but who knows... still learning to find better efficient methods

-Originally I was given 8 TV's... but man I was mega wrong... only had 5 TV's to run the WHOLE tourney... which lasted 6 hours

-A few no shows from some participants, even had Bonesaw on the loud mic in the room to announce a DQ, even in spanish!

-My only john was that I had 0 hours of sleep prior... and no food consumed most of the day until after the tourney with the Naples people...

-My thought on the top 8 payout was that you worked your butt off to make it this far and if only top 3 get money, it would be ridiculous... so the top 8 was there for a reason... heck if I did that to the last 2 FIU tourneys I ran, I'd be getting my tourney fees back!

Shout outs

-Naples people: I did forget to pay u guys back for the hotel costs... was blindingly rushing to finish the stick in time but failed. But the xbox compatibility will be done later this week. Fun chillin with you guys and even had to stuck up with sleeping in the classroom before the tourney lol

-DC, Seibrik, MVD, Lee: Thanks a bunch in assisting me with running the tourney, I was already on my breaking point where i'd be crashing on the floor, but didn't

-Snipa: Consider that you may have won fairly on our set, but with the tv problem u mentioned, who knows...

-Master Raven: Good **** on friendlies, shows that I got slightly better in adjusting

Also...

-This stuff was too good... Apple Ginger flavor drink to boost your game!

NEXT BIG EVENT IN SOUTH FLORIDA

The Battle Lounge in West Palm Beach in Sept. 5-7, 2009. One of the staff at Noobie Games (the people assisting with this upcoming event) told me that M2K has confirmed to come to this, and fighting game legend Justin Wong have been confirmed to come

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238797

nevershootme

Smash Master
on a side note

Street Fighter 4 Results

1. ??? (assuming Flash Metroid, Viper)
2. ???
3. ???

BlazBlue

1. ssj2Jeff (Rachel)
2. ??? (Bang) PLAYED WITH A CONTROLLER ONLY, NO STICK!

Extra note: Nick Riddle plowed through losers after losing his 1st round match WindeX (lolwifiknight)

-!-

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

Doubles:

@Briana & Lee: Fun playing with you guys :)
@Galeon & NickRiddle: super fun playing with both of you, I should of went Snake through the set :ohwell: good **** in teams, fun seeing you play.
@DewDaDash &******: good set.

Singles:

@Tico: Ggs
@Shaky: your Ness is still beast!!! I got a little concern in 2nd match since DC is your brother. ggs though :)
@TommyG: ggs wasn't as close as last time :ohwell:
@Serg: ggs bro, your too good! Hope to see you in the future for some friendlies :)

also @Underground: good **** in the tournament, your Falco is too beast, waaaaayyy better then any other I have seeeen. had a blast in our friendlies, it's too fun playing your Falco. Battle field all day is the way to go :laugh: see you next time bro!

@8-Bit: Thanks a lot for having a place for us to sleep in Friday, had fun playing your characters. thanks for the tips :) we had a blast chilling with you like always. And don't worry about the Hotel, like I told you a favor is payed with a favor :)

@Naples Crew: good **** guys, see an AnimeCon isn't that bad XD good **** chris in getting 9th.

anyone I missed my bad, gg etc.

DrGonzoPhD

Smash Rookie
I'm surprised Casper placed so low. He was very, very good in the match I had with him.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
The placings ESAM and I got in doubles and the ones we got in singles are so drastically different. Why did we do so badly in doubles? @_@

:069:

Master Raven

Smash Master
That YahtZ spike was amazing in our first friendly lol...

I'm disappointed I couldn't stay for singles but I'm happy to see ESAM won, and MVD and I did good in teams overall. Watching AfroBrik go SSJ in loser's finals on us was pretty amazing.

I'm also the worst commentator ever.

nevershootme

Smash Master
That YahtZ spike was amazing in our first friendly lol...

I'm disappointed I couldn't stay for singles but I'm happy to see ESAM won, and MVD and I did good in teams overall. Watching AfroBrik go SSJ in loser's finals on us was pretty amazing.

I'm also the worst commentator ever.
well... it was actually Ally doing that spike taht garnered the attention more than mine lol.

i call out yahtzee every time i do some that I feel is too awesome for me

and i'm kinda changign my tag from 8-bit to YahtZ

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Team Luigi Was me and shiekssbm we got the right placing just our name is wack LOL shout outs LAter

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Why does Alex characters say Diddy/Advent Lee?? Advent Lee is not a character, LoLz. And I'm pretty sure he used a really rusty old Diddy kong the whole time. No Johns.

-ALEX-

srk99

Smash Cadet
Yasumicon was fun, but come to this tourney guys.

I went to the con and played at the brawl tourny. It was tons of fun. The delay was sad but necessary. I just wanted to advertise a Mizu Con and A tourny comeing up. Mizu is 08.21.09-08.22.09.

And

B.R.A.D.S SportsCards Presents
Street Fighter 4 & Smash Brawl and Melee
Tournament

Street Fighter 4
Prize Pool:$300
Fee:$10

Smash Brawl and Melee
Single Fee:$15
Team Battle Fee:$25
Prize Pool:$700

Registration Starts:10:00am
Saturday August 22, 2009

Where:Crowne Plaza Miami Airport 950 NW Lejeune Rd
Miami, Fl (954)255-2109

Bring your controllers Xbox 360, Xbox, and Wii if you have

There Also Gonna be side events halo 3 tournament more TBA

I would like see players from FIU there. Nevershootsme, try to see if Underground could come. This time I think I could beat him :).

srk99

Smash Cadet
O I played Nick and Underground. I got toasted then placed in a furnace. Nick was ridiculous as Zero Suit and Underground is a great Falco. Lol at my 49th Place. Josh N.

Top Bottom