• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC Presents: No Maps! August 8th, Princeton, NJ. Inui's dad is amazing!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
So this got cancelled before.

But then my dad raged because of this and other things.

The tournament is still happening, but with a few changes.

It's now in the McCarter Room, which is next to the Windsor Room, and we might be using the hallway and part of the Windsor Room.

The start of the tournament must be delayed by one hour.

Venue:
The Palmer Inn/Clarion Hotel
3499 Route 1 South
Princeton, NJ 08540
McCarter Room

Sign-ups: 12:00pm.
The tournament starts at 1:00pm.

Singles = $10
Doubles = $10 per person ($20 per team)
Low tiers = $5
Low tier doubles = $5 per person ($10 per team)
Venue fee = $5

If you bring a Wii and a TV and we use them, you'll have part of your house fee waived. $1 for each item we use, basically.

Singles:
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5%

Doubles:
1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%

Low tiers (singles and doubles):
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Brawl Rules:
* Matches will be THREE (3) Stock, seven minute time limit.
* Double Elimination. All matches will be 2/3, with all finals being 3/5.
* The bracket will be seeded by crews/region and rankings.
* Items will be off.
* Life stealing is allowed in teams.
* Smashballs will be OFF.
* Advanced Slob picks: First match is a blind pick, where the competitors will tell their character to a judge, and then proceed. The loser of the first match will then pick the next stage, then the winner may choose his character. After, the loser will choose his character and begin. The same will happen for the third match, if forced.
* You may ban two stages.
* You may not counterpick a stage that you won on.
* The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set
* Any attempt at lame tactics will result in a warning. Any further attempt at lame tactics will result in forfeit. Judges can be called over if you're confused about this.
These tactics include, but are not limited to:
-Stalling under a stage.
-Running away to run the time limit. (Excessively. If there's 30 seconds, and you bail, that's one thing. But if you waste 5 minutes, or be a jerk about it, we're stopping the match. It's at the judge's discretion.)
* The stage strike system will be used to determine the first stage. Each player, starting with the higher seed or determined by the players with something like rock/paper/scissors, will strike one stage from the neutral list until only one is left, and that will be the stage played on for the first match.
* Inui, Atomsk, Izumi, and Magus (and anyone else we may recruit) are the only TOs for this event. Everyone else needs to stay away from the laptop used for the brackets and not interfere with running the event. If someone else that we trust is needed to help, like dmbrandon or Keitaro for example, then you'll be asked to help. Otherwise, please leave the laptop clear for the TOs. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. You can trust us to run a very good event as usual, so don't worry.
* You are not allowed to play friendlies during the tournament until the TOs have specifically said you can. If you are caught playing friendlies when we need the TVs for tourmament matches, you will be asked to get off. If we ask you to get off multiple times, you will be disqualified with no refund. This is to ensure that the tournament runs smoothly and finishes on time.

Stages:

Neutral:
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Counterpicks:
* Delfino Plaza
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints!

DO NOT BRING WENDY'S TO THE VENUE. IF YOU BRING WENDY'S TO THE VENUE, YOU WILL BE CHARGED AN EXTRA $1 TOWARDS THE VENUE FEE OR YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE WITH NO REFUNDS GIVEN. I DO NOT WANT TO SMELL GREASE ALL DAY AND EVERYONE ALWAYS LEAVES A MESS FOR ME TO CLEAN UP. EAT YOUR WENDY'S AT THE RESTAURANT AND DO NOT BRING IT BACK. ALSO, JUST TRY NOT TO BRING FOOD IN AT ALL BECAUSE IT MAKES A HUGE MESS.

Low Tier Singles

-All normal singles rules apply.

Allowed Characters

Zelda
Jigglypuff
Ike
Bowser
Lucas
Yoshi
Ness
Sonic
Pokemon Trainer
Mario
Samus
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf

Transportation and getting here:

-You can take the train to either the Princeton Junction or Princeton train stations. You will be picked up for a small fee of about $2 or so by someone at the venue. If you're the only one getting picked up on a certain trip, you're obviously going to have to pay a little more than that, so maybe $5. It's up to the driver in the end. You're also going to have to pay for the way back, so going back in the largest groups possible is the best idea to make it cheaper. You're not going to get overcharged, though, so don't worry too much about it. I am not a driver, but MasterDaveNo1 and Magus420 are. I'll probably just give Magus420 my phone so he can pick people up. My phone number is 732-829-1805. Please don't arrive at the station too early. Remember, sign-ups don't even start until 11:00am because we'll be sleeping after a long night of setting up the venue and training. Don't wait until the last minute when you need a ride back to the station. Please make sure you know your train schedule and get Magus420 or MasterDaveNo1 to drive you to the station on time.
-Make sure you don't pass the hotel! It's not a big hotel. It's a two-story inn. It's beige and reddish in colour. It's immediately before a Wendy's, so if you pass Wendy's, you passed the venue. I don't know how people miss the hotel a lot, but they do. It's right off of Route 1 South. Very easy to find and get to.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6795

Please click the "I am attending this tournament" link on the AllIsBrawl.com page! This helps spread the word about the event!

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Lucas let me stay over the night before to train and help for venue if youd like. more for training.

Also is this the tourney you and atomsk are teaming at? let me know.

forget it: m2k told me.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Question for one of the TOs:

I play Zelda. Let's say there's a freak moment and I accidentally transform into Sheik (it's only happened twice to me, ever, in all the months that I've played her...... but still).

Would I be allowed to use one smash to knock them away long enough to transform back safely? Or would I just have to do it on the spot and eat the inevitable damage/possible KO? Or would I have to suffer some kind of penalty like auto-losing a stock?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Lucas let me stay over the night before to train and help for venue if youd like. more for training.

Also is this the tourney you and atomsk are teaming at? let me know.

forget it: m2k told me.
You are very welcome to stay over for practice.

Yeah, I'm with Mew2King, which means you should get Trevor.

Wasn't the venue fee when you did Blue Circuit $3?
What of it?

Question for one of the TOs:

I play Zelda. Let's say there's a freak moment and I accidentally transform into Sheik (it's only happened twice to me, ever, in all the months that I've played her...... but still).

Would I be allowed to use one smash to knock them away long enough to transform back safely? Or would I just have to do it on the spot and eat the inevitable damage/possible KO? Or would I have to suffer some kind of penalty like auto-losing a stock?
The other person has to just let you transform back.

Also, judge's discretion for the situation.

Edit: LOL this is the same day as Impact's tourny http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238786 . And they had their's way before this. lol oh well w/e.
Wow, look at those laggy TVs and the list of scrubby players attending! I didn't know about this event because it has no hype.

Sorry, Impact, but I have to host something on this date for my dear friend Jason. No hard feelings.

P.S. This will have Melee friendlies.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm trying to make it out to this (:

The only Sonic making it to Low Tier Grand Finals would be meh ;P

:093:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Dan, don't be a fool. Go Marth in normal singles and doubles. Save Mario for low tiers.

JG, you have to come. Don't be a noob.

Top Bottom