• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where Do I Begin?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Link to original post: [drupal=1981]Where Do I Begin?[/drupal]

Super Smash Bros.​

As far as the Smash community goes, I never knew about a competitive scene back when I first picked up Super Smash Bros. It was just all fun and games for me and my friends. We had items on high, 99 stock, no time, because time killed the fun for us and we put Handicap on 2.0. I was very new to this, as was everybody else. I didn't understand how the health system worked in this game.

Haha! Health system. You know what I mean, though. I thought my percent was supposed to be very high. I was thinking HP. But that wasn't the case. You wanted less damage than your enemies. I had soon learned that. Anyway over the years my brother and I started to only have the Heart Pieces on because it didn't really affect anything other than your health, so we thought that was pretty fair.​

Super Smash Bros. Melee​

Two years passed, I got Melee for Christmas and I was very excited. Eventually the items were set to off. We wanted to see how our characters would fair against each other. We did that for years and years and we'd be asked by our friends, "Who's better than who?" The truth was, we were both equally matched so we told them that. We'd kill each other the same amount of times every time. If he won the first match, I'd end up winning the next one and so on. It wasn't intentional, either.

Years had passed, I was one of those scrubs who despised wavedashing and L-Canceling. I thought it was "cheap" and unfair. Who knew I would have ever thought such thing? Anyway when Brawl was announced, not when it had a release date, but when it was heard of and people were talking about it, I started to pick up Ness in Brawl.

In Melee, just like most people, I mained Captain Falcon. In my opinion all characters were equal. But I can see now that that is not true. But I used Captain Falcon and after I think seven or eight years I decided to pick up Ness. I had used him, but not often. I saw some results after using him. I was getting better obviously.​

Super Smash Bros. Brawl​

Brawl came out, my brother bought it and we played it. I used Captain Falcon and Ness. I tried to use both equally, but I started to see myself drifting away from Captain Falcon, unfortunately. These things kind of upset me in case you haven't noticed. Around this time I hadn't joined SmashBoards. My brother on the other hand did.

I noticed him getting better than me and I couldn't have that. I don't mind him being good, I just didn't want to be left out. I didn't exactly follow him along, though. I was on YouTube on day, saw few a videos from Earthbound360 and wanted to get better. I was asking him for some advice and eventually he told me to send him a message on SmashBoards because he usually checks there.

Well I had no other choice but to join SmashBoards. I didn't want to. It was the domain of people I once hated. And for what? Exploits and getting good at a game? That's not a good enough excuse. I joined, obviously and hung around the Ness boards since then. I wasn't well known, but I was getting noticed fairly quick, which was nice.

So here I am, still hanging around with you guys and enjoying every bit of it. Thanks for being a cool community. We've had some bad apples, but whatever. I know I've made some people upset myself, so I apologize if you dislike me for something I said or something you disagreed with.​

Chaco

Never Logs In
Ha, that's pretty cool.

Oh and expect like 4567765 "cool story bro"s.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Cool story bro. :laugh:

In all serious, I've gotten better only when I joined SmashBoards too.
My bro doesn't want to join, so I have to teach him everything. -_-

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I had the same story, but I skipped Super Smash Bros.
When I first heard of SWF I thought 'what a bunch of tourney***s' (I got linked here by the page about tourney***s on ED <_<, thanks to them I ended up in this cesspool called User Blogs)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Maining Ness in Brawl is very difficult to do. Everyone lols at him.

Glad you're still here, Uffe.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Cool story bro
Yay we have 2, 4567763 to go!

Yeah Smashboards is great, I played on Fsmash.org once and I was getting killed, now I have an account and I only lose every 1 out of 30 times.
Oh and straked not anymore after FOW beat M2K and Tyrant (Ok M2K was a friendly but who cares,
details, details)

vvvvvvvv :(
He's still awesome.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ness isn't that hard. Just jump into his upb, grab release him, or something etc.

Top Bottom