• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
rofl some of these MLG rules are a little silly.

I feel sorry for those who play with wiimote + nunchuk (Razer, Tearbear, Logic).

Doubles team attack was set to "off" lol (I think they changed this)

and you couldn't have two of the same character in one team

oh yeah, and the stage list is a bit unusual.

debaser

Smash Lord
well, that all wraps up nicely.

so I'm in noregon till sunday. anything goin on before npm?

5backsmack

Smash Cadet
Backsmash go to this tournament this weekend.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259157

Also for that Guardian Games. I talked to the guy who makes the smash monthlies. Also known as Gameclucks Guy or Chris. He said that he has already talked to them and that is the place he is going to start holding Oregon monthlies.
When I talked to them the other day they said that there werent going to be scheduled tournements, but I just got and email today saying that she wants to plan on doing May 29. She also said she might have to move it to the 22nd, but wont know for sure till around April. She also said nobody can sell stuff there other than the store.

5backsmack

Smash Cadet
Ill try and make it to the tournament in washington, but Im pretty busy over this weekend so its a maybe.

5backsmack

Smash Cadet
She also wants to know how much time I think we will need. I have no experience with smash tournements so I dont know. She said it would start at 12.

keeper

Smash Champion
She also wants to know how much time I think we will need. I have no experience with smash tournements so I dont know. She said it would start at 12.
Ill try and make it to the tournament in washington, but Im pretty busy over this weekend so its a maybe.
When I talked to them the other day they said that there werent going to be scheduled tournements, but I just got and email today saying that she wants to plan on doing May 29. She also said she might have to move it to the 22nd, but wont know for sure till around April. She also said nobody can sell stuff there other than the store.

Check it oooouuuutttt (The edit button is cool)

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
I was going to type something but I forgot what, and since I already posted it, it won't let me delete it, so now I'm going to just type random filler in here adjopifajeopriuweiopuqwropieuroqipwueioqwjroipqwejroipea rojaoirjiopwej

WHY LOOK IT'S THE ARISTOCRAT CAT, WITH HIS TOP HAT AND WITTY CHARM!

=|:3

keeper

Smash Champion
Don't take me seriously as most things I say are tongue in cheek. Once you actually know me, if ever, you'll know when I'm serious or not.

5backsmack

Smash Cadet
None of you intimidate me and Its the last weekend of spring break so I have to see all my options first. What time will the tourney end?

keeper

Smash Champion
None of you intimidate me and Its the last weekend of spring break so I have to see all my options first. What time will the tourney end?
Good to know. ;)

Vulcan55 said:
Schedule:
10:30AM - Set-up, Warm-up and Doubles (2v2) Registration
11:30AM - Doubles Registration closes.
11:45AM - Introduction, rules and plans. Melee 2v2 starts
2:00PM (Or when doubles ends) - Lunch break / Singles registration starts
3:00PM - Singles registration ends / Assign players to pools
5:00PM (Or when Pools end) - Generate singles bracket
5:15PM - Singles bracket matches and "On deck" called / Singles starts
When singles ends (if time allows) - Draft Crews
11:00PM - Tournament ends
That's the schedule. However, once you lose you're not obligated to stick around. These schedules are always rough/hopeful though, so it could go faster or slower. @_@

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
It won't be that strict. It's preferred, but still flexible for outliers.
I don't expect all the Washingtonians to drive 3 hours and be here by 10.5.
As long as they show up hopefully by noon at the latest, and not 2 like last time.

5backsmack

Smash Cadet
I can go if I can talk my friend into playing dubs, but theres a party that night so unless I lose quick in singles which is probable, I cant do it, and even though it is probable Im not going to sign up expecting to lose.

5backsmack

Smash Cadet
Alright If I can get the car for the day or a ride Ill go. Id rather just play good people anyway rather than just lose a tourney. I need experience playing good people.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
You get experience by playing good people IN tournament.

I wise man once told me that. Now look at where I am. The King of the Mountain. The Soul of the Body. The Mind of the Master

5backsmack

Smash Cadet
Which characters do you use, good sir?
In melee ive always used falco marth and jigglypuff, and ice climbers. in Brawl ive been using Ice climbers diddy snake and game&watch. I have no problem playing in tournaments either, thats why Ive been trying to start one up in portland.

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
You get experience by playing good people IN tournament.

I wise man once told me that. Now look at where I am. The King of the Mountain. The Soul of the Body. The Mind of the Master
LIES! I got more training out of playing Shane for a few hours in friendlies than just one match against some good player in a tournament.

He just wants your pot money. :p

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I don't know what "DAFT" means, but does beating Isai in tournament count? If so, I already got that covered :p

Also to some extent what you said is true dragon. It doesn't matter though how many friendlies you can play and how you can **** all your chums and pros. If you are in tournament. Money is on the line. You'll get nervous. You lose your train of thought. That's the point of experience. I used to be able to do sweet 0-deaths with Falco. Then when I had to actually use it against someone. It didn't work out. I guess in my case I play A LOT better in tournament. I don't ever sandbag in friendlies. I still REALLY want to win every match I play. It's just my mind is more focused. On this Poker show I watched. The guy said "losing $100,000 is worse than winning $100,000". I think that's true in general about winning in general and especially when money is on the line. So when you play in tournament both of you are trying your hardest and THAT'S when you can see your flaws.

keeper

Smash Champion
I don't know what "DAFT" means, but does beating Isai in tournament count? If so, I already got that covered :p

Also to some extent what you said is true dragon. It doesn't matter though how many friendlies you can play and how you can **** all your chums and pros. If you are in tournament. Money is on the line. You'll get nervous. You lose your train of thought. That's the point of experience. I used to be able to do sweet 0-deaths with Falco. Then when I had to actually use it against someone. It didn't work out. I guess in my case I play A LOT better in tournament. I don't ever sandbag in friendlies. I still REALLY want to win every match I play. It's just my mind is more focused. On this Poker show I watched. The guy said "losing $100,000 is worse than winning $100,000". I think that's true in general about winning in general and especially when money is on the line. So when you play in tournament both of you are trying your hardest and THAT'S when you can see your flaws.
It was a joke. DAFT=Downward Angle Forward Tilt
Talk to Grunt about it haha

Also, Gage, the situations your advocating are true, but less likely to occur. You can practice things outside of tournament and even in tournament, but you do need experience under pressure to get it right. It also depends on the type of person you are as some people perform better under pressure and some people choke (some have no pattern). So it really just comes down to who you are and whether you can apply what you learn out of tournament into a tournament match or not, yeah?

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
Well... No tourney for Sutherlin, our friend backed out of it. Oh well. If anyone is passing through Sutherlin *kinda doubt* we're having a "tourney" of "super scrubs" and crew battles later. If you're coming through just give me a message and i'll get back to ya

Grunt

Smash Master
shoulda just shown up anyways, lol
downward angled forward tilt
by captain falcon.

now im sure you've been playing captain falcon and axed yourself, "what could i do to edge guard in the most efficient way possible?" or maybe, "How can i become more awesome?" well the answer is simple my friends, the downward angled forward tilt, or DAFT for short. you're probably in training mode right now trying to accomplish this feat of DAFT. well, let me tell you, it's no easy task. some players have spent their lives trying to learn the DAFT, and few have mastered it. The well known Isaiah of California is the prime example of DAFT excellence. It has been said that Isaiah had to travel to the great Mt.Fuji of Japan and scale to it's towering peaks before he could become a DAFT master. do you finally realize the intensity that it takes to learn this amazing move? hopefully you will push forward and make it through the harsh lessons coming up ahead, and become one of the few, the immaculate, DAFT people.

1. WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?

Despite the difficulty that learning this move will bring, it is important that you see the move in action before attempting. any uneducated attempts of the DAFT may result in serious injury of your leg, brain, pituitary gland, colon, and may induce violent, mouth foaming seizures. So, I'm sure you all know what the regular f-tilt looks like, Captain falcon swings his leg straight out in front of him. but the DAFT is slightly, and way more awesomely ... awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcuTBmWgfIU#t=4m15s

here is glimpse of Isaiah doing the DAFT against a worthy opponent, and he ended up killing him. coincidence? i think not. now that your feeble mind has harnessed the great power of the DAFT, i bet you want go rush out and try it right away, right?
WRONG! you will simply fail without proper training and initiation.

2. MT.FUJI, YOUR MELEE DISC, A SACRIFICIAL VIRGIN, AND YOU.

So how do you harness the amazing power of the DAFT? like all great things in life, they take time, effort, and human sacrifice. Isaiah didn't get to this position he is in today by sitting at his computer eating piknik and playing Driver 2 on his spiffy Gameboy SP system, now did he? he climbed the worlds largest, most robot infested mountain in the world, Mt.Fuji. he climbed to the top fighting off hundreds of T-1000's with only a toaster with a shellder sticker on it, and Chu Dat's dashingly good looks. Upon reaching the top, Isai and his companions (Chu Dat and his sacrificial virgin) reached the feudal Japanese village, who worshiped the DAFT gods. here, Isai was able worship the DAFT gods for a number of years by anointing his melee disc and removing the beating heart of Rachel (his virgin), and finally returned to California. he was now able to DAFT like no other man in the world could. this process is a terribly dangerous journey, but if you want to become a DAFT master, it is crucial.

3. ****** EVERYONE

The Japanese have taught you to throw out DAFT left and right to obliterate your opponent. the following clips are extremely rare footage of Isai at his maximum power level, Dafting an opponent into submission. then, after that, it shows a complete DAFTing noob (Vulcan55) failing to DAFT at all, and getting mercilessly killed for his impotence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAXgkZjQZXQ

It should also be noted that Vulcan55 broke his wrist during the process, and now suffers from bouts of dementia.

4. CONCLUSION

Hopefully you are now aware of the true power of Captain Falcon's DAFT. Since Japanese Feudal magic is not prohibited against in MLG rules, Isaiah was able to destroy the competition by suffering his opponents to his DAFT at only a fraction of his power level. before tournaments all across the globe start to realize DAFT's power, it is in your tournament winning's interest to make the journey to Mt.Fuji and become the best.

Like no one ever was.
...except Isaiah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom