• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Summer Brawl ~July 18th 2009 Results

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
Singles

1: kingace
2: holy
3: hype
4: doc
5: joe
5: ambrose
7: fatal
7: mikey
9: raidos
9: wolfblade
9: fool
9: minus
13: tinman
13: decoy
13: meek
13: dimmy
17: sauc3
17: koro
17: avaricex
17: shifu
17: iliad
17: niko
17: kuenzel
17: kal-el
25: sheep
25: carter
25: birdman
25: pyro
25: captain dee
25: blue2
25: skunk
25: jaske

Doubles

1: kingace + ambrose
2: doc + holy
3: hype + fool
4: wolfblade + minus
5: niko + iliad
5: joe + fatal
7: sauc3 + raidos
7: mikey + carter
9: blue1 + blue2
9: birdman + skunk

These are the results from Saturday's event, Gratz everyone who participated and some videos are up located here:

ufragtv.com/recorded/video/21503

Iliad

Smash Lord
1: kingace - You ****in beat Holy, good **** man. Thanks for the advice during the smoke breaks, and yeah I know i'm scrub. Airdodge into ground is the one thing I can't seem to shake.

2: holy - You're sexy. Your accent is sexy. Have my babies. Good placing, as per usual. 'Nuff said.

3: hype - You're such a quiet guy man ****. Always say that it's the quiet ones you gotta watch out for, seems true enough even in smash lmao.

4: doc - Seeeen. Bro for someone who drops kardi slang, you ain't consistent, atleast i'm almost always 17th, lmao. Next tourney you'll have'em. Guaranteed.

5: Vaughan joe - ICeys are ****ing gayer than AIDS. 'Nuff said.

5: Ambrose - See above. LMAO. Way to mindgame everyone into thinking you just ate a random cookie. Good placement bro, you need to start teaching that upstart hype who the **** is boss though, I miss seeing ambrose in top 3.

7: fatal - WTF. ****ING DOLPHIN SLASH OUT OF NEUTRAL AIR. HAWDlkjhdlkjahdlkwjahdlkjwhadlk. Next time you won't be so lucky bro :D

7: mikey - Yeah yeah, you're the best marth, blah blah. Not for long though. :D. Still... I'm happy to see a fellow marth place this high, good on you.

9: raidos - MOTHA ****IN TIP SON. Lol, you seem to have a thing for getting tipped, good placement and good luck on U&C

9: wolfblade - Wtf how did Hutch get so Clutch? last tourney I remember you sitting in 25th. it's like people have forgotten how to kill a lucario who rolls and smashes xD

9: fool - Japes was a bad idea. We need to team one of these days. No omnigay though, unless it's marth up grab into c4

9: minus - We didn't get our rematch in singles. Wall of pain in doubles was not cool though.

13: tinman - Didn't get to play you, but good placing and you're cool ****, come back to more tourneys.

13: decoy - Brandon, i'm very disappointed in you. LOL. We need to bring back team Ili-stix.

13: meek - Phiddle you always impress. We need to double, i don't ****ing care what you think about doubles, we need to do it.

13: dimmy - You spanked me in pools, **** the controller johns. I didn't take you seriously and you taught me a hard ****ing lesson. Our rematch next tourney (Cause obviously we'll be in pools ****ing AGAIN.) i'll beat you, or atleast, try to give you a better challenge. /promise

17: sauc3 - 17th? Wtf? Your name Iliad or something? "No u."

17: koro - LOLOLOLOL you got 17th? Good job bro. Seriously.

17: avaricex - Back throw in crews. Not cool. Even after I didn't grab release on you... lol. GGs dude, as always, awesome to shoot the **** with.

17: shifu - I remember you placing much better in previous tourneys. Step it the **** up son, or else you'll end up a gatekeeper like me. lmao.

17: iliad - You tippered the **** out of Raidos and Sauce and then screamed so ****ing loud Vaughan joe heard you at the front of the store. Your placement may be ****, but your hype is top on the PR. If you vote for pedro, all your dreams will come true.

17: niko - You got bracket *****, nuff said. Don't let this bs get you down.

17: kuenzel - We didn't get to play :'(

17: kal-el - BEAST. Way to throw your match against dimmy because you had to get laid. Smash > Women bro. wtf.

25: sheep - As always our friendlies are too fun. I hope you have a better respect for the gano after our matches :D

25: carter - Bro, do i look like a guitar hero? You can't expect me to pass crazy *** songs on that metallica bull**** lmao.

25: birdman - Birdman, you keep doin your think.

25: pyro - lol you were so happy that you made it out of pools by default. I <3 you.

25: captain dee - lolololol get owned. Stick to diplomacy on starcraft :D

25: blue2 - Your face when you guys got omni-gayed was priceless. Don't feel bad about your performance at your first tourney. We all did bad at our first tourney. Just keep coming back and playing the tops. You'll pull yourself up.

25: skunk - Your marth isn't too bad bro, moar practice = moar placing

25: jaske - Wtf. How'd you lose to stefan? Stefan is a beast yeah, but you're supposed to be PR material. STOP ****ING SANDBAGGING.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
5: ambrose- lol at me CP'ing RC and forgetting you could just change to MK. Wow that's alot of abbreviations.

7: fatal- I was that random guy you asked for a mm, i actually considered for 0.2 seconds. Seeing your placing, I'm glad I didn't.

7:Mikey- I get to thinking my seeding was somewhat of a practical joke. 2 falcos? really?
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

9: raidos-Hey thanks for the ride man, if you are ever having a practice call me up and I might get Izzo and TIPPR to tag along. Good placing too.

9: fool- good friendlies man. I always seem to struggle the most against falco and snake, so the matches were helpful.

9: minus- I'm just trying to get better. I'd like to think I did better than our last match lol.
PS: Wtf on the lava save. That was destiny slapping me in the face.

13: meek - You mean Phiddlesticks right? Anyways gg's its always close. You know I'll play you again since we're always in the same freaking pool. btw I never thought to ask, why is your tag UGUU~?

17: avaricex- Good stuff for driving so long to make it to every one of these.

17: iliad- NEXT TIME I SEE YOU, I WILL DEMAND A FRIENDLY IMMEDIATELY. EVEN IF ITS ON THE FREAKING STREET

17: niko- GRIMSBY REPRESENT! Cool to meet you man. Still trying to get my shift covered for the tourney this weekend...

17: kuenzel- Just gotta keep trying. Bad luck with brackets, but I'm gonna come back. Cause I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was....

25: sheep- Thanks for all the friendlies, I'm never sure who's going to win when we play. That's how it should be.

25: skunk- Good Marth man, don't get the wrong idea, I play against TIPPR pretty regularily and everyone seems surprised when they play a good ZSS for the first time (just ask mikey, teeheehee)

Overall, sweet tourney, I played my very best and couldn't have asked for anything better.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
1: kingace - 2/3 top 3 = Sauga : p
2: holy - see you at Niko's, FOR SURE mm there lol
3: hype - fun set, even though it was really gay at the same time lol. you ***** my last stock prettty bad lol. thx so much for getting my wii....BUT NOT SO MUCH FOR GIVING AWAY THE KNEE LOCK:mad:
4: doc - a rare occurance, doc not placing in money...it happens tho
5: joe - snake > ics : P do it uppp
5: ambrose - ROB is sooooo gay lol
7: fatal - nice placing, hope you liked your bracket this time around lol
7: mikey
9: raidos - <---future beast, and so nice lol. nice as percon, didn't think that was possible : P
9: wolfblade - so lovely watching your lucario combos, especially vs mk
9: fool - thx so much for getting my wii, halberd sux
9: minus - also rare occasion, minus out of top 10
13: tinman - glad you got ur goal, come out to more stuff!
13: decoy - fun hanging out with you in the caribbean store, definately going to be u & c soon, you're very good, almost beat me
13: meek - sorry about the bracket mixup, phiddle
13: dimmy - yay 13 again, kingace apprentice for sur e: P
17: sauc3 - i definately can see you beating a pr member soon, beast ics
17: koro - nice lucario : p
17: avaricex - needs more dedede : D
17: shifu - im surprised you got 17, then again i havent looked your bracket yet, ill look at it now
17: iliad - mikey, what a cool marth that guy is : p
17: niko - see you at your tourney, hopefully i wont have to make brackets....unless you want me to lol
17: kuenzel - zss for the first time is grrr lol, the losers bracket falcoing was definately gay though lol
17: kal-el - know who you are but havent talked to you or plaeyd you : (
25: sheep - fun set, very very close games, also surprised you got 25th, you're very good
25: carter - stop dropping out of brackets lol, sorry about teams, i was definately not on my game at that time : (
25: birdman - fun teams set
25: pyro - i had NO idea you were pownz staff, thanks for manning the laptop after a while
25: skunk - fun teams set
25: jaske - you're so good how are you getting 25 >_>

.decoy

Smash Ace
1: kingace - finally got to play you in brackets, good **** taking it all.
2: holy - thankfully you didn't take my chalk=crack strat and slept at niko's. good job this time, as always.
3: hype - nice placing, get yourself ready for rps on wednesday.
4: doc - we talked about this for enough time on the drive back, but you got skills and will step up. wait for that pr update son.
5: joe - pick up ic's. and snake. good **** regardless.
5: ambrose - your mk is untouchable in teams. that is all.
7: fatal - egyptian di ftw.
7: mikey - Special TO Tier. good call on the curry too by the way. sauga was beast this time. relax though. toronto has mad skillz. you don't even know. see you wednesday, with all of sauga in tow.
9: wolfblade - you are supercute. lucario ftw also. i clearly need to learn that matchup better lol. wow hitboxes.
9: fool - snake dittos all day. also i think that we must have an epic my snake vs. your falco then my falco vs. your snake then dittos of both to decide who really takes the cake. although i guess it won't really matter, since RPS decides everything anyway.
9: minus - i liked your double laazor over lucario in doubles haha. good job as always.
13: tinman - nice to see you again, keep coming back. olimar is stupid though. just ps. so is rob. sorry holy.
13: decoy - failchild.
13: dimmy - shoulda gone with no red beans, sorry man. press B more when playing bowsers.
17: sauc3 - thanks for the vids, nice ics.
17: koro - good lucario, fun pool matches.
17: shifu - nice mk, cp to japes was funny though. falco dittos there are too jokes.
17: iliad - as always. except this time, add sake ftw.
25: sheep - fun friendlies, i do despise rob vs. snake though.
25: carter - nice pikachu man, see you wednesday.

Hype

Smash Lord
Shoutouts.

1: Kingace: Good job winning both events. You need to teach me how to beat Holy you seem to have him under control now.
2: Holy: GGs, your ROB is amazing. I'm gonna go practice that match up, so be ready at Niko's tourney. Lol at me pulling out my binder of smash info on you.
4: Doc: Fun matches. Game 2 of our second set was one of the craziest matches I've ever played it was so back and forth. You're Diddy is insanely good, I know we're gonna wreck teams at niko's tourney.
5: Joe: Nice placing, you seem pretty consistant now. I can't believe you lived to 307% vs Fool, ****.
5: Ambrose: GGs and GJ taking doubles. You do some creative stuff with that dimensional cape. It seems like we end up playing every tourney now days.
7: Fatal: Fun teams matches, hope to see you at more tournies.
7: Mikey: The Smashville platform is top tier and your ledge traps are too good. You had me a little nervous after you took game 1.
9: Raidos: I think you'll be a big name in the future
9: Wolfblade: Crazy doubles set. We never end up playing in singles though, I guess that's good cuz your lucario is beast.
9: Fool: 2 seconds...:ohwell:
9: Minus: beast falco, we had a good set. You know halberd so well. I'm banning that stage every time from now on. I think I said that last time, but this time I'm serious lol. I saw that Crazy spike in the lava to bair that was awesome.
13: Tinman: Nice talking to you and good friendlies
13: Decoy: Oh I'll be ready lol
13: Dimmy: You just need MK ditto practice
17: Sauc3: Man, you get some of the craziest grabs I've ever seen. I'm hovering under a platform constantly Uairing on rainbow cruise and some how I get grabbed lol :confused:, I was so surprised. Good games.
17: Iliad: That double tipper was ****ing crazy. The funniest part of the the tourney was when you were on the commentary yelling "C'mon Hype, think eminem." Little did you know the stream was laging like crazy, the match had already ended and I was standing right beside you:laugh:. I can't wait for Havoc in the Hammer!
17: Niko: Nice talking to you again, I'm so hyped for your tourney.
17: Kal-el: I don't think we've ever played...next time.
25: Birdman: fun matches

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
9: wolfblade - Wtf how did Hutch get so Clutch? last tourney I remember you sitting in 25th. it's like people have forgotten how to kill a lucario who rolls and smashes xD

Yeah last month I was sucking... well I rocked doubles with Percon then just kinda lost the drive... but I still came 13th, no friggin 25th you dink.

This tourney was the only one where I didn't lose to an IC CG since I've come back into the scene.

I sincerely blame my hatred for ICs for over half my losses recently:dizzy:

Think about it, at Mikey's I wrecked it up. Took out Anthony, Chaotic, and Doc... especially Doc, bad run at pownz is nothing... cept a tad embarrassing:laugh:

Shout outs on ze way.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
ill break top 3 here once!!!
good ol white fatal
**** off dawg i admitted i played **** against joe but u cant beat holy lol
soon enough ill step upp

1: kingace - should have played again

2: holy - lol i fukked up too badly against you

3: hype - we still need to play

4: doc - yo

5: joe - **** i was so close

5: ambrose - also need to play

7: mikey - yeah i guess the bracket was decent lol, holy johns but no johns
we still need to play

9: raidos - good ****

9: wolfblade - ggs bro

9: minus - score is 1-1!!!!

13: tinman - ggs nice meeting you

13: decoy - thanks again for the ride

17: iliad - NAIR >>>>> YOUR UPB

17: niko - ggs good to see u again

C018 and fatal i know you are both disappoint. very disappoint. i am disappoint as well
im srry
=(

sauc3

Smash Lord
3: hype - great games, grr rainbow cruise, and yeah ill be sure those grabs are deaths for the next tourney haha, nice job placin 3rd
5: joe - well done with ur mk on iceys matchup, ill need to figure out how to get around it
7: mikey - thanks mikey, great doubles matches, doubles iceys will triumph one day
9: raidos - we ic mains gotta stick togethery no what im sayin? and omnigay ftw, like serious we got 4 that one game and almost lost lol
9: fool - fun friendlies dude great falco and snake techs on ma samus
9: minus - dam we never got to play, maybe at this next one dude
13: tinman - why iceys dittos, WHYYY!!! lol are your solution to mk, ill have to teach you the handoff, nice footstooling tho
17: sauc3 - omg its me wtf
17: avaricex - mk dittos on rainbow cruise, lawl, i wish i couldve played ur ness
17: iliad - hope the sake calmed you down, we gotta start placin top 10 from now on, get hamilton into the PR's, and **** ur tippers
17: niko -
25: carter - nice pika, sorry bout the cgs bro
25: captain dee - o game and watch, jungle japes shinanigans
25: jaske - ic + hamilton = good idea? we must play this week before the tourney on sat, need some practice

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
3: hype - great games, grr rainbow cruise, and yeah ill be sure those grabs are deaths for the next tourney haha, nice job placin 3rd
5: joe - well done with ur mk on iceys matchup, ill need to figure out how to get around it
7: mikey - thanks mikey, great doubles matches, doubles iceys will triumph one day
9: raidos - we ic mains gotta stick togethery no what im sayin? and omnigay ftw, like serious we got 4 that one game and almost lost lol
9: fool - fun friendlies dude great falco and snake techs on ma samus
9: minus - dam we never got to play, maybe at this next one dude
13: tinman - why iceys dittos, WHYYY!!! lol are your solution to mk, ill have to teach you the handoff, nice footstooling tho
17: sauc3 - omg its me wtf
17: avaricex - mk dittos on rainbow cruise, lawl, i wish i couldve played ur ness
17: iliad - hope the sake calmed you down, we gotta start placin top 10 from now on, get hamilton into the PR's, and **** ur tippers
17: niko -
25: carter - nice pika, sorry bout the cgs bro
25: captain dee - o game and watch, jungle japes shinanigans
25: jaske - ic + hamilton = good idea? we must play this week before the tourney on sat, need some practice
lol at we ic mains got to stick together, learn how to chaingrab first and maybe i'll consider you an ic main :chuckle:

koro-kinopio

Smash Rookie
17: koro - LOLOLOLOL you got 17th? Good job bro. Seriously.
Thanks man, that means a lot coming from you. Being one of the guys that I get to play against out side of tournies, I really respect you and appreciate the tips and help you've given me.

17: koro - nice lucario : p
Thanks :) I'm trying really hard to get good with him. Got any pointers?

17: koro - good lucario, fun pool matches.
I really enjoyed playing against you. it was fun. I learned lots.

@Wolfblade
I learned a lot from our Lucario dittos man! It was so much fun. I would love to get a chance to have some friendlies with you at some point, if we ever got a chance.

sauc3

Smash Lord
lol at we ic mains got to stick together, learn how to chaingrab first and maybe i'll consider you an ic main :chuckle:
wtf do i care what you consider me? i dont think anyone cares.
and why you always gotta start **** doc? in no way was that post directed at you.
and i guess we'll see if i can cg at OiN, see u there and good luck not gettin in fights.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
ooooooooooooooo drama, and sauce dun worry, dittos never again (unless i'm cornered and that might most likely happen with rob cause I got rob vs iceys down, and I got iceys vs oli/rob vs oli down)

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
wtf do i care what you consider me? i dont think anyone cares.
and why you always gotta start **** doc? in no way was that post directed at you.
and i guess we'll see if i can cg at OiN, see u there and good luck not gettin in fights.
I consider you a nooooooooooooob how about that? I know the post wasn't directed at me but you think just because you use ICS once or twice in tourney that you're an ics main? Go back to training mode and learn all the alternate chain grabs before you accomplish such a task.

nooooooooooooob :chuckle:

Iliad

Smash Lord
Yeah but you're better at the game than he is in general, and better than most, so you can pick up chars easier. Btw. hop on msn, wtf is this **** about you gettin jukked.

sauc3

Smash Lord
Probably longer than me, and my ics > his.
did i ever say my ics were better, and since when do you need practise to main a character, you say main like it has reference to a certain skill level, when anyone can a play a character more than other characters (or more recently) and call them their main.

i think you're just picking fights for the sake of arguing.

i never called you out sayin you were bad, nor have i said i was better than you, ur just throwing insults out at ppl who arent as good at you, which is ****in stupid and the smash community deserves better than that. Its always been great man why you gotta ruin it? give me a serious answer and dont just say ur such a scrub you dont know what you're talking about because seriously, i dont care that ur better than me. One serious answer is all i ask.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
****k man it was rediculous, I would've expected something like that from marik but it was some random dude on the street that I didn't even know, and it was really late like 2:30 AM.

My fault for not accepting the sleepover request from my friend.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
@Wolfblade
I learned a lot from our Lucario dittos man! It was so much fun. I would love to get a chance to have some friendlies with you at some point, if we ever got a chance.
Any time son :)

And Sauce, if you want to beat Doc at SBaN this weekend just learn peach as like a 5th, worked for me:bee:

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Sauc3 is so nice how can you pick a fight with him lol...then again you picked a fight with Culex who is also really really nice >_>

.Marik

is a social misfit
****k man it was rediculous, I would've expected something like that from marik but it was some random dude on the street that I didn't even know, and it was really late like 2:30 AM.
Expected what from Marik?

Real talk, somebody is going to put Doc in his place sooner or later.

I can't wait until that day comes. :D

Lol I still remember that MSN conversation Stos had with me about Doc.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I was walking home from my friend's house at 2 AM and some random OLD guy that I never even knew next to a bar stabbed me with a pen, that was last sunday though, I'm better now.

And I don't know who Stos is, goes to show how important some people are eh? I've been at like EVERY tournament why don't you come and show me up. Stop flopping, ez.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I was walking home from my friend's house at 2 AM and some random OLD guy that I never even knew next to a bar stabbed me with a pen, that was last sunday though, I'm better now.
Oh no, a pen wound? That must've hurt. I'm sorrrry. :[

And I don't know who Stos is, goes to show how important some people are eh? I've been at like EVERY tournament why don't you come and show me up. Stop flopping, ez.
Stos is a Melee player, he mains Link. Lol, do you think Stos cares whether an arrogant person like you knows him or not? He's got bare mans, welcome to VP Strip.

I have an unfortunate circumstance which usually prevents me from attending these events. I wish I could, I usually pay my way, and find my way to these things by taking transit for 3-4 hours. You got that dedication? Probably not.

Anyways, stop starting beef with people who aren't even TRYING to argue, and who are nice as f*ck.

And you wonder why the Melee community doesn't like the Brawl community?

Oh wait.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Its only beef if you want it to be, I was simply critiquing his ice climbers.

You can't just call something your main, you have to work at it first, he took offence to that, so I lol'd.

And that goes both ways, I don't know nor do I care about most melee players, but I got a select few that I keep close cause' they are such nice people, just my oppinion though, and lol @ tourney johns I took a plane to axis gaming in 08 summer when I was a scrub and only had that ammount of money in my pocket, thats dedication :chuckle:

.Marik

is a social misfit
Its only beef if you want it to be, I was simply critiquing his ice climbers.
The thing is, you usually start the beefs, when other people want NOTHING to do with you, nor to beef.

You can't just call something your main, you have to work at it first, he took offence to that, so I lol'd.
Why does it concern you whether he declares Ice Climbers his main? He never said he was all that, get off his back. You're so f*cking annoying dude.

And that goes both ways, I don't know nor do I care about most melee players, but I got a select few that I keep close cause' they are such nice people, just my oppinion though
And most people are slowly beginning to lose their respect for you. What's ironic is that you usually INSULT some of the nicest Smashers. Culex? Unknown522? Come the f*ck on.

Lol, you honestly don't know what it's like to be a street kid, do you? I can't just hop onto a plane and come back home to a nice, big happy family.

lern2MarikYoshi.

Whatever, I'm sick of this. Peace out.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
fighting on the internet is like the special Olympics
even if you win, youre still ********

take this **** IRL srsly
perferably where i can watch

Sanu

Smash Champion
OMG Marik's posts bug me D:

DOC OCK VERSUS LITTLE GREEN MUSHROOM