• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mangos Falco Advice

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Welllll ive always thought fox ***** falco on fd but in reality i mean ur a shine away from a possible death so its not bad... i still think fox has the advantage tho.. not 2 much .. altho laser camping ***** here

Dreamland - I would say falco if u like 2 camp

Battlefield - Neutral

YOshis- Falco can get off here and its so small combos ****

Stadium - Can go either way but i believe fox has a baby advantage

Fod - Falco fo sho

All tho fod is a dumb level i like it with falco and puff..

but its still a dumb level lol

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Just my two cents about the Fox vs Falco match:

If Fox is able to keep his movement, then Fox will win. Fox has superior mobility, and if a player utilizes it properly, he'll just **** Falco. I'm not sure which character actually has the priority advantage, but due to Fox's superior speed, it feels like Fox will win the aerial war, unless Falco uses his lasers to properly shut down Fox's mobility.

With the exception of like Yoshis, and Fod, I personally believe Fox has a small advantage on the rest of the neutrals, and huge advantage on most of the CP levels. Yoshis and Fod cut down a huge portion of Fox's mobility, and ability to control space just through his speed, tho to be honest even on these stages, a grab still hurts, and Fox still has his low % kos.

I always take Fox to FoD or Battlefield, or counter pick Marth and take them to either Battlefield, FD, or Yoshis.

Lovage

Smash Hero
hey mango do you wanna be in marth's face the whole time super technical? or go slow with lasers and get lil 2-3 hit combos in now and then and grabs

MaNg0

Smash Hero
jove - yeah u cant compete with his moves lol

luggage- against marth its scary 2 be in there face cause they can grab or do that wavedash out of shield to fsmash so when you shield pressure them and u no there gonna wavedash out shoot a laser between ur shield pressure and ull catch them but overall just playing kinda agressive... but not 2 much gotta throw some lasers in

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Play aggressive against Marth, but don't over extend, and be sure to shut down his dash dance game with lasers.

Also running in and shielding *****, but nowhere near as hard as it does if you play Fox.

Kinglit

Smash Cadet
mango, teach me to **** plz :D

anyways against peach, how should i approach her if she's CC'd at low percents

im making more use of utilt, but i need more options :S

smasher01

Smash Ace
If I space a nair/dair so that I can't shine afterwards (because I'm too far away) what's the best option?
yeah what he said sometimes i dair-nair and it pushes them away and i cant shine i hate that than i miss the shine and sometimes im punished.

is that cuz they DI the hit(dair-nair)

MaNg0

Smash Hero
falseeeee

once in a great while ill turn the cube on

a falco fox on yoshis with falco lol

if u space 2 far and they grarb then u do a fsmash son =D

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
I'd like some advice for the Falco-Marth match-up: what do you do vs. a Marth that loves counter spam? Grabs are a good options but Falco's grabs are not THAT good. You can't win the match just spamming them, can you? :x
And how am I supposed to edgeguard that *****? Every time I go for the Dair I get hit by his uB, lulz

Also, do you have some tips for tech chasing? I've started playing Melee less than a year ago, being playing 64 for a long time, and techs feel so weird and actually too fast :x
I noticed that the top players almost never use the get up attack when being tech chased, but I always get f*cked up by that. Got any advice? :x

Great thread btw <3

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Avenger- Falco marth is kinda dumb if u dont do it right.. they way i c myself/other falcos do thsi matchup is when about 90 percent of falcos try 2camp marth they usually get *****... but when ur 2 agressive u get ***** .. so u gotta do a little mixture of both grabs lasers baby shield pressure and rember nair ***** ^___^

and what i do for edgeguarding is just kinda wait on the edge and wait for him 2 land on the stage or i do the light shield trick.. and what ive been working on for edgeguarding marth is ok...
When he lands on the stage ... ill drop from the ledge > do a shine > 2 turn myself around> dair so that now he gets hit towards the edge and then u spike again ... try it its 2 gooood lol or just do a bair hahah

as for tekchasing ... i cant really teach u .. wait for the animation of what way there going in and then go that way ... it all just comes down 2 ur reactions

Blunted- I have sets against both of those peaches ... I would say from watching .. that most peaches have problems when ur in there face and lasering while approaching ... but laser camping is pretty good but in the end u shoot 10 lasers and it does like 25 damage and then they downsmash once ... and its like 30 damage lol
Falco players are always talking about camping ... but camping has never worked for ne one cept like forward haha...
Pretty much the way i c it is as falco when u get hit ur gonna get messed up so Do u wanna get hit while lasering or while fighting? Man up and go fight lol <3 blunted
Gotta learn 2 be agressive/ forcing them into mistakes.. it will pay off more then lasering

Death - Multishine is good if u no there gonna side step so that the second shine hits the sidestep
other than that its just looks cool =D

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
mango, teach me to **** plz :D

anyways against peach, how should i approach her if she's CC'd at low percents

im making more use of utilt, but i need more options :S
laser into a grab into...****. i dunno.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
When peaches are ccing do more dairs... they cant cc the dair

dair up tilt at low percents if ur not a shine man lol

DUB

Smash Lord
Mangooooooo! Sux you arn't comin to HERB :(

I tend to do well on Yoshi's. I don't even mind fighting Marth's there. What are your thoughts?

Jungle Japes is the best Falco stage. y/n? I'm pretty campy.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Yoshis is my favorite stage with falco against ne one

ALWAYS COUNTER PICK THAT YOSHISSSSS

Hmmm jungle japes .. ive never really played there but i can imagine it

being pretty god for camping and that little platform on the middle could help

u combo

ill try japes this week =Dlol

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
as for tekchasing ... i cant really teach u .. wait for the animation of what way there going in and then go that way ... it all just comes down 2 ur reactions
Ok, thanks for all the tips :D

And what about the get-up attack? Can you actually see it coming and powershield/CC it and punish? Do you keep your distance and then dash attack them? I dunno, I always get hit in the middle of the tech chase like a nub :x

Oh, and what do you think about Zhu's **** at Genesis? I think he might reach Shiz' level in a few months if he keeps improving at that peace <3

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Well from what I've seen Shiz is by far the best vs Marth Falco and hes extremely aggressive. But he's also the most techinal Falco and lets be honest 99% of us will never be able to play like Shiz.

So who knows wtf to do against Marth. :(

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Avenger - Get up attack is dumb... i just try 2 predict it and shield ... lol

and i trained zoo (kinda) lol HELL YEAH HE WILL BE **** in 5 months

Well shiz is shiz and none of us can play like that sooooo.. lol

shiawia<33

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Ran - His is more proffesonial .. mines is more mango =D

Blistering - Well pretty much the way i see falco .. its evenly as good as everyone else peach marth sheik foxy but the thing is falco has 2 work alot harder for his **** and having a mediorce recovery but overall hes jsut as good as them ... just has 2 work an 8 hour **** with some over time 7 days a week unlike the rest of them they work 4 hour shifts on the weekends only

lol

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Ok, thanks for all the tips :D

And what about the get-up attack? Can you actually see it coming and powershield/CC it and punish? Do you keep your distance and then dash attack them? I dunno, I always get hit in the middle of the tech chase like a nub :x
predicting get up attack is easy, most good players wotn even bother with, i NEVER use it unless im SURE its gonna hit, like if they are falling from a double jump into it lol.

but to predict it, just bait it.
stand over the body on the ground and shield, then dair or grab. you can also dash dance jsut out of range, or run in, wavedash back, punish.

get up attack sucks,

standing is the best defensive option from the floor, get at me.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Paul i think ive seen alot of peach players do that float where there just above the lasers

and float in like that

go look for vidjo vs silent wolf at pound 3 crews

ull c

Victawr

Smash Cadet
What the hell do I do against shinehappy Foxes. I can't get in close because they combo me into an upsmash, and I cant SHL because he's a sneaky *******. ):

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Mango, I don't know what to do about the lazers as Peach. Advice please. <3 Mango.
There's like a certain height where Peach can float over the highest possible short hop laser, and below the mid and high FJ lasers. It's hard to explain the height tho. Also, it allows Peach to float over all of Falco's short hopped aerials, except for uair, and you out-prioritize that move with like everything.

*Edit.*

Japes is good IF you manage to stay away from the sides. I would never take a Shiek or a Marth there. Falco's already easy enough to edge guard, and gimp. Japes like doubles that, and then some.

Rainbow Cruise seems like a very good option due to his extremely high jump, and his Dair being a spinning pillar of impending doom on a stage like that. I can imagine both Fox and Falco EASILY being able to camp the **** out of any character, without the unpredictableness of Poke'Floats. Combo the **** out of them on the boat, and play a game of keep away with lasers and spaced bairs and dairs on the rest of the stage.

Yoshis and FoD are easily his best Neutrals. imo the stages should be effectively renamed to Falco's Story, and Fountain of Falco.

*Edit 2*

Because he lives in AZ.

AZtoogood, *****s.

Also; Living 20 minutes from Sean is amazing. I <3 AZ.

Mangoooo. Move to az and make Forward super **** status!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yea theres a sweetspot float height where the typical lasers (shl, fj double laser, dj lasers, or fj triple lasers) all miss. At that height, the only thing which can hit is a laser shot solely and specifically aimed for that point.

but it makes it harder on the falco because it avoids all the lasers from typical falco spam and really breaks up his flow cuz he has to go out of his way to shoot this specific laser. I play a really good peach main who does this.

bolt.

Smash Ace
I have a lot of trouble spacing against marth with falco. Could you tell me how to get by his grabs and space correctly?

Do you have any advice on tech patterns?

=P.

Smash Apprentice
Mango how do you play against jiggs with falco i hate the match-up and find it to be annoying and so much work nething to make it easier or is it really just a ***** match, and ne general tips for just being better at falco ive seen u talk a lot about nairng so i think ill try to use that more effectively, and congrats on genesis u beasted

DRD

Smash Lord
What would you say is the most important thing to focus on/practice if you're just starting out with Falco?

I can wavedash well, waveshine about 50% of the time if I try, shl fine enough. Sometime I'll just sit down and perfect it all

But what do you think is most important for new falcos in general

Top Bottom