• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda SWF: Project Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
SWF: PROJECT ZELDA

I've approached this multiple times within and outside of the original Zelda Thread, and again, because of restraints, it never exactly took off. But, this is something I'm incredibly adamant about, and I know quite a number of you are too. The purpose behind this? To work constructively together to form a solid, complete, fan-designed Zelda world, just as the SSB4 Group does on their prospective roster, and the Poke Center's "Next Gen" thread does on their desirable and ideal Pokemon Generation.

This will be a multimedia project, leaving out the development of an actual game, but focusing more on the idea of a wiki-of-sorts; an encyclopedia of our Zelda. This will require much research and knowledge of the series, drawing on every title to date to identify the bounds so that we can keep ourselves within them while also breaking them. This OP will be the main hub for archiving data, as I'll link to the many posts throughout this thread with great ideas, artwork, etc.

And with that, let's get started! Firstly, I will split the necessities into categories, and from there, you guys can begin to brainstorm. Keep in mind, nothing below is official, simply an organization of ideas.

SYNOPSIS

Hyrule has aged 2000 years beyond the events of Ocarina of Time in the Child Timeline. After the technological collapse of Hyrule approx. 200 years prior to the current time, the people have abandoned dependence on such mechanics to return to their roots, and so, Hyrule is trying to restore itself. The technological collapse was initiated unknowingly by a foreign metal-consuming insectoid species, which upon migrating over Hyrule, feasted on Hyrule City, a metropolis of food in their eyes -- fortunately, they did not hunger for people, and so most survived the attack, fleeing the imminent doom of their homes. The city now resembles massive towers of sun-baked liquid-bone marrow, as all that once was has been devoured and rebuilt as a nesting ground to this species. Having torn apart the mainframe computers and electronic service to the entire land, all technology was inherently shut down immediately, and much of it led to massive malfunctioning.

An experimental energy-harvesting reactor built in the petrified remains of the Great Deku Tree exploded, leaking powerful radiation throughout the forest, killing almost all vegetation and subsequently jumpstarting the colonization of powerful fungi, which consumed the area now known as the "Fungal Forest".

To prevent a massive volcanic eruption, Hyrule's top Goron scientist designed and built a cooling reactor within Death Mountain, and up until the destruction of Hyrule City, worked flawlessly. But with its main power source cut, it had to resort to its thermal backup supply, which drew energy straight from Death Mountain itself. This caused an overload of power, which warped the machine, freezing Death Mountain over entirely. The Gorons had to relocate to the rising-in-temperature Gerudo Desert, now dubbed the "Glass Desert" due to its natural-baking glass deposits.

Zora's Domain was once an isolated haven for the fish-people, has become the main hub of Hyrule; a growing city of refuge for all races. Most of the Zora have fled their home in search of quieter lives, and so some have settled in the underground lakes of Kakariko (caused by ice melting from the natural heat kept beneath the mountain), and some have fled the mainland entirely - to the Selepria sea. Not too far from the shore lies an island with a massive coral structure, rivaling in beauty that of the Hyrule City Remains. Many Zora live here.

Lake Hylia has almost entirely dried out, as a massive collapse along the Zora River has dammed natural water flow. It is now known as "Hylia Canyon", and in conjunction between the little water left in the basin and the increased temperature, a jungle has grown in the deepest parts. What was once known as the Water and Lakebed Temple is now the "Jungle Temple", a place of worship by the local Rito - the feathered evolutions of the Lake Zora who evolved over the past two centuries.

To be continued...
ERA/PLACEMENT ON TIMELINE
- Post-future (2000+ years after OoT)

WORLD/GEOGRAPHY
- Hyrule
- Labrynna / More... / More...
- Holodrum

STORY/HISTORY
- Post-future Hyrule

LOCATIONS/LANDMARKS
HYRULE:
- Hyrule City Ruins
- Zora's Domain
- Hylia Canyon
- Kakariko Village
- Kakariko Caverns
- Death Mountain
- Selepria: Coast, Sea
- Fungal Forest
- Snowpeak
- Oasidjali Island
- Hyrule Underground
- Glass Desert

HOLODRUM:
- Horon City
- Port Embee
- Holodrum Thoroughfare
- Eyeglass Lake
- Samasa (includes Woods of Winter)
- Spool Swamp
- Tarm City/Temple of Seasons
- Moblin Castle
- Mt. Cucco/Goron Mountain

LABRYNNA:
- Lynna City
- Ambi Tower
- Symmetry City
- Lynna Palace Dig Site
- Rolling Ridge Mountains
- Yoll Wastelands
- Sea of Storms/Zora Sea
- Crescent Island
- Talusia

RACES
- Hylian
- Goron
- Zora
- Rito
- Okimo
- Fungus Scrub
- Skultulian
- Yeti
- Blin

PEOPLE
- Link
- The Errant
- Zelda
- Ganondorf
- The Beacon
- Nihal
- Gor Akua / Image
- Armless Goron & Last Deku Scrub
- Voile
- Veneficio
- Tingle
- Musical Poe Trio
- Octo-lad

DUNGEONS
1. Jungle Temple (Hyrule: Hylia Canyon)
2. Frozen Reactor (Hyrule: Death Mountain)
3. Deep Sea Mining Facility (Hyrule: Selepria Sea)
4. Clockwork Tower (Hyrule: Southern Fields)
5. Holodrum: Dungeon I
6. Labrynna: Dungeon I
7. Destroyed Reactor (Hyrule: Fungal Forest)
8. Yeti Elder's Mind (Hyrule: Snowpeak)
9. Holodrum: Dungeon II
10. Holodrum: Dungeon III
11. Oasidjali Island (Hyrule: Oasidjali Island)
12. Glass Chasm (Hyrule: Glass Desert)
13. Labrynna: Dungeon II
14. Labrynna: Dungeon III
15. Hyrule City Ruins (Hyrule)
16. Ganon's Tower/Sacred Realm (Hyrule: Clockwork Tower)
★. The Ultimatum (Ocean)

EXTRA:
- Fire Dungeon
- Sky Dungeon

BOSSES
- ________ (Jungle Temple Sub-Boss)
- Garwardon / Image (Jungle Temple Boss)
- ________ (Frozen Reactor Sub-Boss)
- ________ (Frozen Reactor Boss)
- Unnamed Amphibian (Deep Sea Mining Facility Sub-Boss)
- Selepria Wyrm (Deep Sea Mining Facility Boss)
- ________ (Labrynna: Dungeon I Sub-Boss)
- ________ (Labrynna: Dungeon I Boss)
- ________ (Labrynna: Dungeon II Sub-Boss)
- ________ (Labrynna: Dungeon II Boss)
- ________ (Labrynna: Dungeon III Sub-Boss)
- ________ (Labrynna: Dungeon III Boss)
- ________ (Destroyed Reactor Sub-Boss)
- ________ (Destroyed Reactor Boss)
- ________ (Yeti Elder's Mind Sub-Boss)
- ________ (Yeti Elder's Mind Boss)
- ________ (Oasidjali Island Sub-Boss)
- ________ (Oasidjali Island Boss)
- ________ (Holodrum: Dungeon I Sub-Boss)
- ________ (Holodrum: Dungeon I Boss)
- ________ (Holodrum: Dungeon II Sub-Boss)
- ________ (Holodrum: Dungeon II Boss)
- ________ (Holodrum: Dungeon III Sub-Boss)
- ________ (Holodrum: Dungeon III Boss)
- Dark Link (Glass Chasm Sub-Boss)
- Gollossand (Glass Chasm Sub-Boss)
- Nihal (Glass Chasm Boss)
- Ganondorf (Final Boss)

BESTIARY
- Stalfos
- Lizalfos
- Mamalfos (mammalian beast, resembling a lion, etc)
- Umbralfos (shadow)
- Ursalfos (bear)
- Callifos
- Glowfos
- Steel Bubble
- Land Octorok
- Sickly Octorok
- Selepria Serpent
- Canyon Worm
- Deku Fungus
- Chu Blob
- Wandering Eyes
- Kami Keese
- Mirror Wizzrobe
- Dead Hand (could become a sub-boss of a dungeon)

ITEMS
- Standard Tunic
- Bio Tunic
- Pressure Tunic
- Thermal Tunic
- Tech-sword
- Cucco Bomb
- Nano Teleporter
- Ear of Sheikah
- Errant's Mask
- Snareshot
- Velocity Snareshot

QUESTS
- Rescue the boy's cat!
- Beating the Marathon Man!
- Save the Fairies!
- Labrynna Delivery
- Find the Lost World!

MINI-GAMES
- Counting the Time

XACE-K

Smash Master
Since I know someone gonna say "Future Zelda", I have something else in mind. I want this adventure to take place in between The Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time. In other words, the war that OoT talks about (whose name I can't remember >_<).

But the thing I would want for my idea is that instead of it taking place in one person's view (Link's), I want it to be seen in the views of the different races inhabiting Hyrule. You'll see how Gorons, Zoras, Gerudos, and whatever race we include in the war.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Since I know someone gonna say "Future Zelda", I have something else in mind. I want this adventure to take place in between The Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time. In other words, the war that OoT talks about (whose name I can't remember >_<).

But the thing I would want for my idea is that instead of it taking place in one person's view (Link's), I want it to be seen in the views of the different races inhabiting Hyrule. You'll see how Gorons, Zoras, Gerudos, and whatever race we include in the war.
I came up with that exact idea a long time ago :) But I give you complete credit for that. Awesome. This is definitely something that I've been wanting to explore, but the one thing acting as a hinderance is how fragile that era is. Firstly, we don't know for sure that The Minish Cap came before Ocarina of Time, and whether or not it did, meddling in that realm is something that Nintendo will probably rebuke indefinitely. I'm sure we could formulate some accurate theses about it (like the involvement of the Fused Shadow), but we'd be at a huge risk of trapping ourselves in such a touchy time period that it would ultimately all end up in timeline discussion like it has countless times in the original Zelda Thread.

My proposals would reach out to ancient Hyrule, or my "future-future" Hyrule. I posted it not long ago in the Zelda Thread, but I'll repost:

This chronicles a future Hyrule somewhere down the Child Timeline, but long after the cybernetic, mechanized rule (I'm thinking approximately 2,000+ years after OoT). To tease at the typical "future Zelda" setting, we would play in that world's ruins (similar to Spira of FFX). Because of the great industrialization of Hyrule, much of the climate and geography has changed. Essentially, this is Hyrule trying to rebuild itself as a magical land rather than that of machinery (like its sister Termina). Something incredibly catastrophic destroyed Hyrule Castle/Town and all of the subsequent machinery around the land has since become defunct. Here are some significant changes:

- Hyrule Castle/City has been completely destroyed and consumed by an alien growth from long ago. It now appears covered by the dead remains of this growth as a petrified city, as if it were made entirely of bone marrow. It is a place of spiritual refuge, but is home to a number of mysterious creatures too.
- Death Mountain has frozen over; it snows in the wastelandish Kakariko. A number of Zoras live in the underground lakes where the ice melts.
- Kakariko Village now mostly resides underground in the warmer caverns. Few stragglers live above ground as it has become a ghost town.
- The Forest Region has now almost been completely consumed by fungal growth due to radiation from an experimental reactor built in the ruins of the Great Deku Tree.
- Lake Hylia has been dried up for a long time, becoming a desert canyon-like environment.
- Parts of Gerudo Desert have baked into glass; it is hotter than ever. Incredibly difficult to live in this environment, the Gorons have relocated from Death Mountain to here to mine the glass and fashion wares from it.
- Zora's Domain remains a haven as the nation's main water supply. Many people from all races have migrated here for refuge. It has become the new "hub" of Hyrule.

Deku Tree:
Some scientists during the prosperous, industrial age of Hyrule realized that there was a TON of stored energy deep in the Deku Tree's roots, despite it being dead for centuries and centuries, so they designed a special type of reactor to be built within it to harness this power. It was considered relatively "eco-friendly" since it ran on solar power, and was only to draw this power out of a dead tree, not out of the rest of the forest, but it backfired, exploded, burnt a considerable amount of the tree and surrounding woods, and finally leaked incredibly potent radiation that would kill the forest. Eventually, a fungus immune to this radiation would move in and colonize, feasting on the decaying wood. Any life forms remaining would reflect this new ecosystem. The Deku would absolutely be no more, and a new type of fungal species would inhabit the region. At the time of this game, the radiation levels would have subsided enough so that the fungal forest could be explorable, sans perhaps the Deku Tree.

Zora's River:
I'd imagine that there was a massive collapse at one time somewhere down the river, causing a natural dam to build up. Because of this, many events followed. Firstly, they built a man-made dam closer to Zora's Domain to secure the water as the natural dam was unstable. Secondly, they drilled underground canals for water to escape through to irrigate the earth. Thirdly, as Hylia dried up over time, they recognized that wildlife began to migrate further down into its banks and that flooding it would obstruct their new habitat. So centuries later, the man-made dam was expanded, a small town built around it, and the underground canals fortified to serve as a subterranean transportation system between the various locations of Hyrule - even all the way to Kakariko. This way, Zora's Domain is now directly connected to Kakariko. Because of the climate changing above land, Hyrule now exists greatly underground.

Perhaps also, a large underground river portion leads through the bordering mountains of Hyrule and to the ocean, leading to new explorable areas of Hyrule outside its borders. I would imagine that at the mouth of this underground river, when it meets the open would be a Hyrulean settlement on the shores. However, traveling back this route would be impossible as the river flows one way, so travel back would require crossing over the mountains.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I like the future-future zelda, but what about this:

In the future zelda, you wake up in a cryogenic chamber. It's link, obviously. However, this link is from before the world was mostly destroyed. When you go around the world, you can find objects that give him visions of the world destruction/events right after and before it happened.

No idea what that link's backstory, etc would be. Maybe he was the result of them trying to revive his bloodline, and they infused him with some minor psychic abilities?

Just a small idea.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Okay, this is just a skeleton of an idea right now, but maybe we can build off it?

Era: How about something that's seemingly left untouched... Like, say, something making a third split in the timeline, branching out of Twilight Princess.

World: Hyrule is nice, but isn't it time we see some machines? Hyrule has begun a technological revolution. They just discovered basic electricity. Also, something like I said in the Zelda thread, i.e., open sea mixed with a 3D Hyrule. Also, continuous world with no load times. :3

History: Several centuries after Ganon's defeat in Twilight Princess. Ganon has been working his evil in the background of Hyrule so he can set the stage for his next evil plot. He has set up a false industrial revolution. (Doesn't necessarily have to be Ganon.)

Characters: Link, of course. With a little brother, this time. Maybe something like Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga?

Bestiary: Ganon's forces of doom. This time with progressively stronger enemies. Perhaps 8 of Ganon's closest subordinates as bosses?

Key items: ..... I don't know... the usual... but maybe we can add some sort of mechanic so you can create your own gadgets? For instance, Mega Man Legends.

Just a proposal.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I like the future-future zelda, but what about this:

In the future zelda, you wake up in a cryogenic chamber. It's link, obviously. However, this link is from before the world was mostly destroyed. When you go around the world, you can find objects that give him visions of the world destruction/events right after and before it happened.

No idea what that link's backstory, etc would be. Maybe he was the result of them trying to revive his bloodline, and they infused him with some minor psychic abilities?

Just a small idea.
Fallout 3 much? Actually, I've been working on an idea somewhat similar to yours for a while, but I'll hold off for now. I really want to hear what everyone has to say.

Spire

III
BRoomer
It's from Fallout 3? I've never played it.
Your idea is really similar to it. Rather than emerging from a cryogenic chamber, you emerge from a "vault", which were super-sealed off underground colonies built for those to survive the nuclear holocaust. You're a descendent of those who first entered, and so you emerge into the post-apocalyptic Washington D.C. and discover the history behind it as you progress through the game.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Your idea is really similar to it. Rather than emerging from a cryogenic chamber, you emerge from a "vault", which were super-sealed off underground colonies built for those to survive the nuclear holocaust. You're a descendent of those who first entered, and so you emerge into the post-apocalyptic Washington D.C. and discover the history behind it as you progress through the game.
Oh, I thought you meant the psychic visions thing. Lol. I knew about the vault already, since I played the first two.

Anyway, can't wait to hear your idea.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I came up with that exact idea a long time ago :) But I give you complete credit for that. Awesome. This is definitely something that I've been wanting to explore, but the one thing acting as a hinderance is how fragile that era is. Firstly, we don't know for sure that The Minish Cap came before Ocarina of Time, and whether or not it did, meddling in that realm is something that Nintendo will probably rebuke indefinitely. I'm sure we could formulate some accurate theses about it (like the involvement of the Fused Shadow), but we'd be at a huge risk of trapping ourselves in such a touchy time period that it would ultimately all end up in timeline discussion like it has countless times in the original Zelda Thread.

My proposals would reach out to ancient Hyrule, or my "future-future" Hyrule. I posted it not long ago in the Zelda Thread, but I'll repost:
Aww... I had some good ideas for it. Since it revolved around the races instead of 1 person, it would give out reasons why "this race doesn't appear anymore" or "this race eventually became this race".

But I'm down with the future-fututre idea.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The Errant

So to continue with the "future-future Hyrule", here's something I made quite a while back.

This character is known as 'The Errant', a title given by the few who've ever seen him. To all of us, he is known as none other than the Hero of Time. The story behind him is that long after having returned to Hyrule from Termina, Link began to abuse the power of the Ocarina of Time, so as punishment, the Goddesses 'imprisoned' him in a Hyrule far into the future, so drastically different, that the world now reflected what it might look like if he had failed to save it, and so he adopts the mindset that because he was forced to leave Hyrule, it was completely warped. He is also bound to wearing this green mirror-mask. As the new hero Link, being born into the current Hyrule crosses paths with The Errant, he can never see his face or know his identity, with the only hint being that he can see his own face in the mask covering the face of the Hero of Time.

The role of The Errant is to serve as a mentor, sort of an Obi-wan Kenobi character. He was the hero once, but now must teach this new Link his ways. This is part of his fated trial written by the Goddesses - the he must learn how to discipline himself by essentially disciplining himself in the form of another Link. The Hero of Time still bears the Triforce of Courage, but there's much more to the story of this "future-future Zelda"; there's a reason that fate summoned two Links to the world, because one would not suffice; something catastrophic is imminent, and without both, Hyrule would be completely obliterated.

Towards the end of the story, the two Links are confronted by impossible odds, and at the most crucial moment, The Errant is absorbed into the rift of time by the Goddesses, placing him back in his own time and consequently passing the Triforce of Courage on to the new Link. He is left to solve the ordeal alone - the ultimate test of courage, when before, he could not do so without The Errant. In the epilogue, after whatever happens (keep in mind, I have no idea what the threat could be, or how it's solved), Link sees the Hero's Shade in the distance. So, if you didn't understand that part, after The Errant was sent back to his own time, he went on to live out his life as a servant of Hyrule until he died, only to later return in the events of Twilight Princess as the Hero's Shade, and the knowledge to teach TP Link the ways of the hero. He later awakens again in future-future Zelda at the end.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Future-Future-Zelda boss idea:

META-GOHMA.

...Okay, onto SERIOUS discussion on bosses/enemies...

DEATH MOUNTAIN-
Obviously, the boss has something to do with ice, probably. Maybe some sort of ice dragon? I could see a mammoth-like creature as well. For regular enemies, maybe some mammalian creatures? One based on a snow leopard, maybe?

FOREST-
A parasitic fungal creature comes to mind, but not much else. For regular enemies, a variation of the Deku Baba that's infested with the fungal growth could work.

LAKE HYLIA/DESERT/CANYON REGION:
Giant worm/insect is all I've got, as overdone as it may be.

GERUDO DESERT:
An boss whose powers utilize sand, wind, and fire, a giant worm/insect (again), Stalfos, reptilian enemies.

ZORA'S DOMAIN:
A creature that's infesting the single water supply threatens the entire land. I don't have any specifics, but I think that'd do.

EDIT: Oh, look, you made another post while I was typing. :mad:

I like the Errant idea, though. It plays similarly to the Hero's Shade's purpose in TP, especially considering they were both incarnations of Link who are teaching the latest hero, but it manages to set itself apart story-wise by creating a more interesting plot (and more character development).

XACE-K

Smash Master
@Spire: Should "The Errant" be related to the new Link in any way? Like he could be the new Link's grandpa or something? Anyway, the Errant is an awesome idea and he looks awesome too.

Edit: I'm confused. Errant helps the new future-future Link who's from after TP but Errant's originally from a time that takes place between MM and TP, correct?

Spire

III
BRoomer
@Spire: Should "The Errant" be related to the new Link in any way? Like he could be the new Link's grandpa or something? Anyway, the Errant is an awesome idea and he looks awesome too.
They'd be 2000 years apart, so grandpa... not so much :p

Spire

III
BRoomer
Future-Future-Zelda boss idea:

META-GOHMA.

...Okay, onto SERIOUS discussion on bosses/enemies...

DEATH MOUNTAIN-
Obviously, the boss has something to do with ice, probably. Maybe some sort of ice dragon? I could see a mammoth-like creature as well. For regular enemies, maybe some mammalian creatures? One based on a snow leopard, maybe?

FOREST-
A parasitic fungal creature comes to mind, but not much else. For regular enemies, a variation of the Deku Baba that's infested with the fungal growth could work.

LAKE HYLIA/DESERT/CANYON REGION:
Giant worm/insect is all I've got, as overdone as it may be.

GERUDO DESERT:
An boss whose powers utilize sand, wind, and fire, a giant worm/insect (again), Stalfos, reptilian enemies.

ZORA'S DOMAIN:
A creature that's infesting the single water supply threatens the entire land. I don't have any specifics, but I think that'd do.

EDIT: Oh, look, you made another post while I was typing. :mad:

I like the Errant idea, though. It plays similarly to the Hero's Shade's purpose in TP, especially considering they were both incarnations of Link who are teaching the latest hero, but it manages to set itself apart story-wise by creating a more interesting plot (and more character development).
Love, love, love these ideas!

As for a desert boss - some giant golem made of glass and sand could be awesome.
Edit: I'm confused. Errant helps the new future-future Link who's from after TP but Errant's originally from a time that takes place between MM and TP, correct?
The Errant IS The Hero of Time - the same form OoT and MM. He was living in the time between MM and TP when he was warped to the future.
@spire: The errant idea is amazing.
Hehe, thanks man.

EDIT: Remember guys, everything I've posted is simply my proposal, and I don't want this to be MY project, I want it to be ours. So please post any and all ideas, no matter how large they are.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I like the Errant thing. I LOVE the Errant thing. But I'm still a little skeptical, but I don't even know why. Perhaps we can call him a direct link to ALL Zelda games by him being a collection of the courage from each of the Link's souls...

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@Spire: But of course! As long as we're contributing, it's not necessarily just your project, is it? ;)

Glad you like the ideas.

Also, if we do end up going with future Zelda, what about mining? For, like, oil and other such substances? Maybe that could be involved somehow?

toon_marth

Smash Ace
@Spire: But of course! As long as we're contributing, it's not necessarily just your project, is it? ;)

Glad you like the ideas.

Also, if we do end up going with future Zelda, what about mining? For, like, oil and other such substances? Maybe that could be involved somehow?
Ah, yes. Level 3: remote deep sea oil mining facility. :3

XACE-K

Smash Master
Even though it's in ruins, how about Hyrule Castle & the town be a temple. You can fight an army of skeletons, zombies and whatever that has been affected by the alien growth that consumed it as Spire thought of.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
@XACE_K: Sounds cool. Could also add an infection meter at the top left of the screen to make sure you don't stay in infected alien air too long and have safe zones with clean air to empty your meter.

rhan

Smash Hero
Personally I don't like the idea of this future Zelda... To me it's just sounding like a Metroid spin off. Just with swords.

Plus what makes Zelda special is that it takes place in sort of midevil times. I'm not trying to be the buzz kill of the thread. But it's just not seeming like Zelda to me. :(

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Personally I don't like the idea of this future Zelda... To me it's just sounding like a Metroid spin off. Just with swords.

Plus what makes Zelda special is that it takes place in sort of midevil times. I'm not trying to be the buzz kill of the thread. But it's just not seeming like Zelda to me. :(
Well, my idea was a bit less futuristic and more Zelda, but nobody replied to it so I guess it sucks. :(

edit: oh no I flooded the forum. I'm sorry.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
BOSS/ENEMY NAME IDEAS:

The snow leopard creature I mentioned, going along the lines of the Stalfos and Lizalfos, could be called the "Mammalfos". This would be best if the creature had a human build though, while I was thinking of it more as an animal that walks on all-fours. I'll let you guys decide on that.

The fungus variation of the Deku Baba I mentioned could be called a "Deku Fungus", "Deku Mushroom", or, quite simply, a "Fungal Deku Baba".

If the worm idea is pulled off as a generic enemy, it could simply be called a "Desert Worm" or a "Canyon Worm". I don't know what it would be called as a boss, though.

The sand/glass golem could just be a jointed word from "glass", "sand" and "golem"-- "Golassand"? If the enemy is humongous, it could also be called "Golossus", which could, again, be fused with "sand" and "glass".

Those are what I have so far, but they were just the easy ones. :laugh:

EDIT: It appears that an entire discussion occurred while I was typing. :mad:

If not future Zelda, what other ideas?

EDITEDIT: Considering that this is one huge project brought together by all the participating users, what does everyone else think about stickying the thread?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Well, my idea was a bit less futuristic and more Zelda, but nobody replied to it so I guess it sucks. :(
You mentioned machines, the discovery of electricity, and an Industrial Revolution.

Your idea sounds good, though; maybe it could somehow be merged with Spire's, or if future Zelda doesn't work out, we can go with it. :)

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Maybe. However I wasn't thinking Metroid stuff. I meant around 1940's equivalent.
Well, it's not really that much Metroid-related; Yeah, it takes place in the future, and there are a lot of alien/fungal growths, but the concept is way different. It's kind of like a misanthropic, corrupt Hyrule, many parts of which (like Death Mountain and Gerudo Desert) have no relation whatsoever to the Metroid series.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Well, it's not really that much Metroid-related; Yeah, it takes place in the future, and there are a lot of alien/fungal growths, but the concept is way different. It's kind of like a misanthropic, corrupt Hyrule, many parts of which (like Death Mountain and Gerudo Desert) have no relation whatsoever to the Metroid series.
Rhan said it, not me. But if there is one thing I really like about the future Zelda, it's the Gerudo Desert. How awesome would it be for there to be a freaking glass desert? Like, say, some parts have been struck by lightning storms, turning the sands into a window to the infinite abyss below.... hey, that gives me a cool idea for a new level. Say at one point Link would have to go into this Abyss below the desert. There's your Earth temple, right there.

Spire

III
BRoomer
You guys are all great.

But those of you who pointed out that it would be like 1930's bring up an interesting point. I've really never played the Metroid games, so I don't see a point of reference or inspiration whatsoever. My idea was to create a world that's recovering from the mass shut-down of technology, as it turned out to harm Hyrule much more than help it. This world would not be run by flying ships and laser guns; it would kind of be degressing a bit, moving towards its medieval roots, but in a progressive manner (I just used degress and progress to describe the same thing, hehe..).

I want to stay away from the cliche steampunk, as so many games have used and abused that setting. I wouldn't want Zelda to fall victim to it. If I can state it in simple words, imagine a Hyrule trying to rebuild itself spiritually and magically after the technological decline.

XACE-K

Smash Master
@Spire: When you said Castle Town was alien infected, do you still see aliens living there, or it being a town in ruins with possible skeletons, ghosts, and zombies? I want to know because if it becomes a dungeon, I have an idea for a boss fight for either option.

Spire

III
BRoomer
@Spire: When you said Castle Town was alien infected, do you still see aliens living there, or it being a town in ruins with possible skeletons, ghosts, and zombies? I want to know because if it becomes a dungeon, I have an idea for a boss fight for either option.
Oh man, I really didn't mean aliens like outer space aliens. I meant that it was infected by some unknown, growing bacteria or something. Haven't worked that out entirely.

But let me describe what it looks like:

Imagine Hyrule Castle/City (some tall buildings, but no incredible skyscrapers, but larger, advanced architecture, etc) deteriorating from this infection. This - whatever it is - spreads over everything, covering every inch of the city, eating holes through everything, making it look like a wasp or termite nest like so, OOOOH wait a minute.. Perhaps it was an invading insectoid species that did this. Now that's a thought. Okay, yes, that's a great possibility. We could call them Beelfos (after bees), or Waspos (wasps), or Termilfos (termites).

Okay, well they spread their hive-making liquid all over the city, completely transforming it until it hardens into an pale-amber colored substance, creating the illusion that the entire city is now built out of stone. Everything is completely dry, and the wind now sweeps through the transformed ruins. I'll do a drawing of it sometime.

But anyways, there's no dark stigma over it, as the sun reflects brightly off of the ruins, the wind whips beautifully through its canyons, and there's no real threat on the outside. Deep within, in the hive's nest may lie something terrible though, and that will most definitely serve as a dungeon.

XACE-K

Smash Master
BUGS!? Aww....that ruins my idea. Well whatever the creature is, their leader shouldn't be a bigger version of it. And because you said their liquid creates an illusion that the place is covered in stone...

Bees, Wasps & Termites = Bugs
Liquid->Psuedo Stone
Stone = Rock
Rock > Bugs (in Pokemon world)

Therefore the bug's liquid is it's own weakness.

Spire

III
BRoomer
BOSS/ENEMY NAME IDEAS:

The snow leopard creature I mentioned, going along the lines of the Stalfos and Lizalfos, could be called the "Mammalfos". This would be best if the creature had a human build though, while I was thinking of it more as an animal that walks on all-fours. I'll let you guys decide on that.

The fungus variation of the Deku Baba I mentioned could be called a "Deku Fungus", "Deku Mushroom", or, quite simply, a "Fungal Deku Baba".

If the worm idea is pulled off as a generic enemy, it could simply be called a "Desert Worm" or a "Canyon Worm". I don't know what it would be called as a boss, though.

The sand/glass golem could just be a jointed word from "glass", "sand" and "golem"-- "Golassand"? If the enemy is humongous, it could also be called "Golossus", which could, again, be fused with "sand" and "glass".

Those are what I have so far, but they were just the easy ones. :laugh:

EDIT: It appears that an entire discussion occurred while I was typing. :mad:

If not future Zelda, what other ideas?

EDITEDIT: Considering that this is one huge project brought together by all the participating users, what does everyone else think about stickying the thread?
Well, we can sticky it once we get a mod. Also, I love Golossand; goloss = glass, but stressed. Deku Fungus seems to work the best too. When I think of Canyon Worm, I imagine Link walking through this towering canyon to see a giant worm break out of one side of it, and burrow into the other a good 20-30 feet above his head. That would be one of its ways of attacking Link, but causing rocks to fall.
BUGS!? Aww....that ruins my idea. Well whatever the creature is, their leader shouldn't be a bigger version of it. And because you said their liquid creates an illusion that the place is covered in stone...

Bees, Wasps & Termites = Bugs
Liquid->Psuedo Stone
Stone = Rock
Rock > Bugs (in Pokemon world)

Therefore the bug's liquid is it's own weakness.
We have to include that for the sake of subtley referencing Pokemon IF we go with the bug idea. Again, just another proposition. Actually, here's another thought for these bug people: rather than them being another -fos, they can be a new species in league with the Gorons and Zora. Perhaps they are metal-eating insects that migrated from another land due to a change in climate, and Hyrule City just happened to be the most attractive source of food, and so they ate it. Nothing against the people there, who rather than hunting, merely drove out. However, deep beneath the Hyrule City ruins lies something that threatens these bug people, and perhaps the entirety of Hyrule, so with their introduction as a new race comes their involvement with a possible central plot point in the story.

There are so many ways to make them look like generic bugs, so I'm going to work hard on designing them as uniquely and recognizable as possible.

XACE-K

Smash Master
We have to include that for the sake of subtley referencing Pokemon IF we go with the bug idea. Again, just another proposition. Actually, here's another thought for these bug people: rather than them being another -fos, they can be a new species in league with the Gorons and Zora. Perhaps they are metal-eating insects that migrated from another land due to a change in climate, and Hyrule City just happened to be the most attractive source of food, and so they ate it. Nothing against the people there, who rather than hunting, merely drove out. However, deep beneath the Hyrule City ruins lies something that threatens these bug people, and perhaps the entirety of Hyrule, so with their introduction as a new race comes their involvement with a possible central plot point in the story.
Just because they've been intertwined with humans/Hyrulians, how about and advanced form of the Skulltulas? Let's say the curse that affected the family in OoT didn't actually disappear because all the the Gold Skulltulas were died. Some normal Skulltulas had gold-ness in their DNA and this gold-ness is a recessive trait (yes, I'm going into genetics). So they mated, the curse came back onto the family and they spread it to others.

Over time, these Skullpeople eventually went from looking human/spider to humanoid bugs. This idea does sound strange but idc.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Just because they've been intertwined with humans/Hyrulians, how about and advanced form of the Skulltulas? Let's say the curse that affected the family in OoT didn't actually disappear because all the the Gold Skulltulas were died. Some normal Skulltulas had gold-ness in their DNA and this gold-ness is a recessive trait (yes, I'm going into genetics). So they mated, the curse came back onto the family and they spread it to others.

Over time, these Skullpeople eventually went from looking human/spider to humanoid bugs. This idea does sound strange but idc.
YES!!! Skulltulas and Hylians cross-evolved into a race. Period, that's it. I will design them later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom