• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FRIEND CODE TRANSLATOR SYSTEM(for basic brawl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
☆FCTS☆

The friend code translator system(FCTS) Is a system devloped to trade friend codes in with anyone mode.

HOW IT WORKS
~The numbers 1-9 will be translated into character action commands.
EX: DTilt=1

~The system is a simple but useful tool to use when there's someone you want to play from with anyone mode. Although not seen alot, there is skill in with anyone mode.
TRANSLATOR
~Specific character move sets will repesent a number. the numbers are as followed...[/COLOR]

#0= BACK AIR
#1= DOWN TILT
#2= FORWARD TILT
#3= UP TILT
#4= B(smash)
#5= FORWARD B
#6= DOWN B
#7= UP B
#8= FORWARD AIR
#9= DOWN AIR
#10= NEUTRAL AIR

my friend code:FORWARD TILT, DOWN TILT, BACK AIR, FORWARD B,- FORWARD AIR, FORWARD TILT, UP TILT, FORWARD TILT,-FORWARD B, UP TILT, FOWARD B, DOWN B.(2105-8323-5356)

IMPORTANT THINGS
`Use a taunt to let your opponent know that you made a mistake and want to start over.
`To let someone know you want/Give a friend code, stand at the edge and hop 3 times.
`wait 1 second in between moves.

Other info will be provided as the days go by. the FCTS service will start DECEMBER 1ST 2009 so as to have time to get people aquainted to it. enjoy!:)

UncleSam

Smash Master
best Idea evar, but you sure you'll be able to get everyone on Basic brawl to start doing it?

I agree with UncleSam...not EVERYBODY on With Anyone mode could even know about this, let alone be convinced to do it...

...What if they think you're just trying to make yourself look stupid, or something?

Dev2000

Smash Lord
i don't think more then a 100 people are gonna kow about this
not even talking about using it

if it becomes a succes then congrats but i don't see it happening

TruBlu

Smash Cadet
Brilliant, but the issue is that most people on Basic Brawl are just kids, and people who only play maybe once a week or something. They don't care, and they won't use this code. They don't even come to smashboards.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Its possible that it may work. I extended a long date for the system to start which will allow many people to get aquainted with it. But think of how great it WILL be if it becomes succesful!!!???,

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
it won't because as people stated, like .5% of the people who play basic brawl go on smashboards. MAYBE .5%.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I give you full marks for bravery, yo. Great effort. I am forced to agree that the likelihood it'll catch on is only as good as the Word out there will be on this thing. If it becomes a standard such as Dtilt is a standard for Down Tilt then people that aren't 5 yo playing basic brawl will see "oh! he's doing that thing. Ok, someone watch him and write down his movements" lol or something.

The real problem I see isn't in the Word, but the Method. I hate to say it I think it's actually too complicated. I think what may be more effective is creating a web space that you can advertise for where WA players can go to find people they may have brawled with based on user input "identifiers" ergo "I was the kirby that taunted only once at the start of each match" or whatever ... even that is low percentile but I think either one would be as likely to be used but the latter is less effort required on the user though admittedly much more on the service provider.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I think I've people trying to do some friend code trick online before. They'd go to a corner and do jumps and jabs in some pattern.
it won't because as people stated, like .5% of the people who play basic brawl go on smashboards. MAYBE .5%.
I'd say that number is lower. Semi-pro players may have no link to any smash communities online (as in don't learn about techs online) and learn how to play from friends and siblings. My sister know a lot of ATs but they were all learned from watching me. But you never know I guess.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think you're all missing the real reason this won't work.

The only people that are going to see it already know each others' friend codes. Because the only people that are going to see it are on this site.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
A simpler technique such as Dtilt as many times as the number would be less complicated. But that's a great point sucumbio made, I will take that into consideration.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Cool idea, but really impractical :dizzy:

i was gonna do something similar to this and say if you're a basic brawler or team brawler from smashboards, crouch 3 times immediately when the match starts XD

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Professor MGW no offense but this wont work because:
1. This has been done 3 times before on AiB
2. What Straked said
3. Mistakes are too easy.
4. What Frown said

Plus c'mon just go to Fsmash.org there is usually at least 1 person looking for a fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom