• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New England STILL Loves SleepyK: PRESMASH AT DIFFERENT ADDRESS. CHECK August 8th 2009

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
PRESMASH ADDRESS:

9 Wolfeboro Road
Etna, NH 03750
(10 minutes from venue)

Where:
Richard W. Black Recreation Center
48 Lebanon Street, Hanover, NH 03755

What:
Smashfest/Tournament

Why:
SleepyK is coming to New England again.

How:
You bring TVs and Cubes and copies of Melee and we smash a ton.

When:
4pm-11pm. If you need housing I will supply it.

How much?:
A small venue fee (depending on the amount of interest it will either go up or down)
$10 for singles/per team.

NEW ENGLAND STILL LOVES SLEEPYK: A NEW HAMPSHIRE MELEE TOURNAMENT

This tournament is going on in lieu of MattDotZeb's original tournament, New England Loves SleepyK. Because of some venue issues there, that tournament has been moved up here instead. In order to commemorate the man of the hour and his triumphant return to New England, melee must be had. AND SO IT SHALL BE.

Post in this thread if you're interested, the more interest I see the more I can lower the venue fee per person, and that way no one ends up paying more than they need to.

Travel from the City

To get here from Boston, the drive takes (from logan airport) 2 hours and 14 minutes. For those of you who don't have rides and live in Boston, there is a solution.

http://www.dartmouthcoach.com/

Its not particularly cheap (60 dollar round trip) but it is a very nice bus and about a 3 hour commute from there to here. It drops you directly in Hanover, where I'd be happy to pick you up from.

Food

The Richard W. Black community center is right in the town of Hanover NH, and there's a TON of places to eat/order from. There are 3 pizza places, a grocery store across the street from the venue, chinese, japanese/korean, a wrap place, a burrito place, and a Ben and Jerry's. So no one will be going hungry.

Housing EDITED

For anyone who was going to stay at my house that night it looks as if that option is gone now, but there are plenty of us, and I'm sure someone else will be able to house you.

Venue

As we all know, this is a goodwill tourney for SleepyK, so keep the good will going. We are holding this at a community center, so while there we're going to have a good portion of the building to ourselves please be respectful. Also, if ANYONE is caught with alcohol or drugs you will be asked to leave IMMEDIATELY. This is a public building and that type of thing is unacceptable. Food is allowed inside the building but just don't make a mess.

If there are any other questions, ask them here and I'll be happy to answer them! The Hanover crew is excited to host this tournament and we can't wait to meet you all.

Setups

Simply put, WE NEED THEM! We can supply some but the more the better. Also if people have setups for recording, bring them! Show the world what the northeast can do. If you bring a setup you will get 2 dollars off of the venue fee (which is still TBD depending on interest), and a dollar if you bring one piece (A tv/cube/wii/recording equipment).

Rules

- Matches are best out of 3 with advanced slob picks and dave's stupid rule (which are explained below). ALL finals games (This includes losers bracket finals, winners bracket finals, and overall finals) are best of 5.

Advanced Slob Picks:
The first game in a set is double-blind, and the stage is random (using the random stages listed in the stage selection section).

The following applies to any game in a set played after the first:
The loser of the previous game declares the stage to be used, using any stage that isn't banned. The winner of the previous game then chooses his character. Lastly, the loser of the previous game chooses his character, and the game can start.

- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.

- All games are played with 4 stock, 8 minutes, and no items. Any tie that occurs is settled by comparing stocks remaining (More stocks = win). If there is a tie remaining after comparing stock, compare damage % (Less damage % = win). If a tie remains after comparing stocks and damage %, play out sudden death.

- Before any stage is selected both players may agree to play on a specific stage or to not play on one of the random stages. (If both players don't like Battlefield, then you can agree that Battlefield will not be played if it comes up as the random stage)

Stage Striking:
At the beginning of the set, each player may strike one stage from the random list.
(It is only banned from the random selection, and can still be counterpicked later in the set)

Stage Selection:

Singles Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story,
Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, and Pokemon Stadium

Teams Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story,
Dreamland 64 and Pokemon Stadium.

Stages that are only banned in Singles: Great Bay (Termina), Mushroom Kingdom II

Stages that are only banned in Teams Only: Fountain of Dreams, Mute City, Onett.

Stages banned for Singles and Teams: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside,
Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue,
Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle (DK Rap), Jungle Japes, and Green greens.

Additional Rules:

- For teams play, team attack is on, and stealing stock is allowed.

- Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach must not say anything to the player (in terms of advice) until the match ends.

- Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set. For example, the Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch.

- Wallbombing and Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery. Stalling a game with any of these tactics will result in a loss of the entire set.

- Wobbling is NOT BANNED

DAY-OF INSTRUCTIONS​

GO TO PRESMASH ADDRESS WHENEVER YOU WANT AFTER 11. AT THE TOP

So to keep everyone in the know, we have the room for our venue from 5-11. HOWEVER, if people are going to be in town far prior of that, I will be allowing people in the venue around 3, to play upstairs. IF YOU PLAN ON COMING EARLIER THAN 5, LET ME KNOW. We can unofficially use a room upstairs with a few setups for friendlies early, as long as it stays respectful and quiet (ish). There is a birthday party going on until 4:30, so above all we cannot disturb them. This is very important and if all goes well this time I want to be in good standing for another New England Still Lovin' (SleepyK) In Newhampshire tournament (NESLIN?) next summer/this winter.

The doors will OFFICIALLY open at 5 for the tourney to get under way. The schedule will be (roughly) as follows:

5:00 PM: Doors open, Doubles registration begins

5:30 PM: Introduction/Announcements, doubles registration ends

5:45 PM: Doubles Tournament

7:00 PM: Singles registration begins

7:30 PM: Singles registration ends

8:15-8:45 PM: Singles Tournament begins

11:00 PM: Event ends

11:01 PM: Smores

I'm really excited for this event and can't wait to meet you all. FOR THOSE OF YOU BRINGING SETUPS, RECORDING EQUIPMENT, OR CABLES SO WE CAN USE THE BIGSCREEN PROJECTOR, PLEASE PM ME SAYING SO. I want to make sure we have all the materials we need to smash all day, and then i can make sure you get your discount while still having enough to cover costs.

Cheers!

Attendees: THE GODDAM BLADEBREAKERS

The hosting Hanover crew
SLEEPYK
MattDotZeb
Dazwa
Skler
Spife
Pine
Roxaslawliet
Boxman X
Banks out
JumpinSkiing +1
Roman.
Zeonix
memphischains
DCLXVI
SPAWN
Darc
puckgood
Radiation
dudutsai
Sox
Foy
P.O.F.
Mokumo +2
Mr. Wigz
Hax out
Shadowball2 out
The Irish Mafia

omnicloud7strife (?)

Not Attending: :(

CogSmooch
KevinM

Equipment-Bringers : :)

SPAWN: Full setup and recording equipment.
Roman.: Setup
Banks: Setup
Mokumo: Setup
TheDerrit: Setup
Other Hanover Kids: Setups
The rec center itself: multiple tvs

GET HYPE​

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I'll definitely be going, probably with Sox. :D

Good job for taking this over, derrit.
Look forward to meeting the current NH community :D

Spife

Smash Master
and is 1.5 hours away from me,
I
AM
GOING

edit are there any train/bus stops near by?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I was hoping I'd get a chance to play Brawl friendlies with OBM/Pine @ Matt's fest, but this is still pretty gud.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
edit are there any train/bus stops near by?
Yes, there's a train stop in white river junction, about 10 minutes away from town. if you stop there i can pick you up when you get in.

I'm pretty postive there are nearby bus stops too not including the dartmouth coach, i'll look into that for you.

Spife

Smash Master
Yes, there's a train stop in white river junction, about 10 minutes away from town. if you stop there i can pick you up when you get in.

I'm pretty postive there are nearby bus stops too not including the dartmouth coach, i'll look into that for you.
no need, that was for plans of some one else coming but those got changed, thanks though!

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
man, thederrit, you is trying so hard and I don't even know you ;--;
thanks

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
Puckgood and I really wanted to go to Genesis but couldn't make it and we just thought to ourselves that we'll go to a more local one somewhere in New England as a trip by car. This seems perfect. ^_^ I'll talk to him about it and hopefully we will be there.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
this is toooooooo awesome.

EVERYONE TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS. Lets start a movement, make this the first of many!

EDIT: also, if anyone has questions for me my AIM is barronman. Hit me up!

DCLXVI

Smash Apprentice
I'll go to this one; it will be my first tournament more than 5 minutes from my house ( I <3 mass madness). I'm willing to carpool with anyone near framingham mass, or anyone driving through there can leave their car at my house if they don't want to drive all the way to NH.

-derrit if you are desperate for TVs I can raid the local dump for old working TVs that people leave there.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Can I drive to someone's house in MA and then they take me to NH? I'm not sure if my car can handle 4 hours of driving... :(

I really hope I can go.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
I'll go to this one; it will be my first tournament more than 5 minutes from my house ( I <3 mass madness). I'm willing to carpool with anyone near framingham mass, or anyone driving through there can leave their car at my house if they don't want to drive all the way to NH.

-derrit if you are desperate for TVs I can raid the local dump for old working TVs that people leave there.
lol

i think we should be ok, but if you bring a setup i'll be happy either way!

so everything is set with the venue, it should be really great, we've got two (or three if we need them) spacious rooms that we can set up in, with plenty of place to play and watch matches, or eat or do as you please in.

Spife

Smash Master
Can I drive to someone's house in MA and then they take me to NH? I'm not sure if my car can handle 4 hours of driving... :(

I really hope I can go.
probably me, 1.5 hours away, roman's coming over the next day. Only thing is if I drive I choose teh moosak :bee: Get at me on aim.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
ROMAN make shadowball come, i wanna do M2 dittoes.

ALSO. There will be a low-tier tourney if the demand is there. It will be for a free pint of ice cream comliments of me. And/or money.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
know what? i'll be there

and i'll bring a full setup

I really hope I can go.
spawn drive to my house and then we'll go to spifes and pick him up

it'd be *****en ^.^
Ah... maybe I can give someone a ride or something? After I get my back breaks fixed and my oil changed and my alignment done and my tires rotated, my truck is mad comfortable for 1 passenger. Gas money would be the concern for me after the aforementioned Johns are resolved.

[ROMAN make shadowball come, i wanna do M2 dittoes.

ALSO. There will be a low-tier tourney if the demand is there. It will be for a free pint of ice cream comliments of me. And/or money.
M2 dittos are really boring. It's almost as dumb as marth dittos. ^_^

omfg low tier tourney IRISH MAFIA PLEASE!!!
Have some Pichu dittos lol...

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Marth dittos are fun, and I'd rather do Spife dittos

Irish mafia: I understand. You are already trying your best, but if you manage to kick your convincing into God mode, please save a spot for me.

Top Bottom