• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ivy's Razor Leaf

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I was bored and started to mess around in the wifi waiting room with razor leaf. I don't know if anybody has discovered this tech yet but, if you do a side-b just real quick it will go a short distance at an uncharged toon link arrow speed.

If you do side-b and hold it upward it will go faster and upward. If you hold it down it goes downward. Hold it forward and it goes fast. Hold it back and it is slowed a bit.

Idk if this has already been discovered but I figured it is worth posting.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Well i know you cannot control the razorleafs trajectory, you probably were just getting lucky

however if you tilt side b the razor leaf will travel more slowly and cover less distance, and if you smash side b the razor leaf will travel faster and cover more distane.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
As far as I know, you can have little influence on Razor leafs trajectory. You can't entirely control it but you can jump and use RL and make it curve down toward your target. I also know that if you hit side B and immediately back then the leaf will (majority of the time like 96% I'd give it) have more spin than the average razor leaf. Of course we know, the harder you hit side B the longer range it will go.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Well i know you cannot control the razorleafs trajectory, you probably were just getting lucky

however if you tilt side b the razor leaf will travel more slowly and cover less distance, and if you smash side b the razor leaf will travel faster and cover more distane.

Wrong.

Upon 2 hours of testing, and messing with multiple mashing of the analog stick. I've found a way to curve the Razor Leaf down about 80% of the time.

Let's say you are on the right side of FD.

SH, Razor Leaf Left, now let's say this is your analog stick:

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

Mash your analog stick in a 5-->6-->3 pattern after using Razor Leaf.

Note THAT THIS MUST BE DONE FAST

The Razor Leaf should leave i (Ivysaur) and head down towards the stage.

You can also control how fast the Razor Leaf spins by spinning the analog in circle it seems. Sometimes it will go extra fast, and other times it goes extra slow. I've yet to find out way.

Using the frame-by-frame code, I am attempting to find if there are any certain frames that allow you to input RL's path.

Note: I've been able to curve it down, then up, then STRONGLY down.... multiple times in a row, with the same input.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
are you sure you are just getting lucky in having most of them go down? i really dont think so and reminds me of people trying to get the misfire in melee all the time, unless you find something that will control the razor leaf 100% of the time, it really shouldnt be considered you controlling the razor leaf and is probably just how luck works

Bomber7

Smash Hero
are you sure you are just getting lucky in having most of them go down? i really dont think so and reminds me of people trying to get the misfire in melee all the time, unless you find something that will control the razor leaf 100% of the time, it really shouldnt be considered you controlling the razor leaf and is probably just how luck works
I did the same as Susa months ago because I wanted to learn to control razor leaf and I pretty much got the same results as her. And thanks to spamming razor leaf in training mode I got better aiming with it though I still am not perfect at it. But you can control where it goes(not like pits arrow) at least you can curve it is what I mean by controlling it.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
If I can move my controller in the same fashion roughly 50 times and get it to get in the same trajectory about 19 times in a row, or a very similar trajectory another 20 - with a few slip ups (yes, its hard... I still haven't figured out what frames you control the Razor Leaf - but the more I play with trajectories the more I think there are certain frames to do so. I'm thinking it's actually every frame before Ivysaur actually releases the razor leaf)

It's not 100% because it requires fast inputs, but I can get the same trajectory many times in a row. Something I never have really gotten; even with luck.

Trust me, until I read Bomber7's post I was also "you can't control it" and have been for a long time. Decided to give it one more shot and played with it a bit... quite surprising

EDIT:
It's not really done quite how the OP has mentioned it.. holding down will not make it go down. <_< It normally makes it go down a little bit, then fly up.. almost as if halfway through your inputs are reversed.. hence why my 5-->6-->3 motion may be making it go down.. because 3 is an up input.

--goes to test more--

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm just a little curious, is this just a stumbling mystery as to the way to curve razor leaf because no one really uses razor leaf? or is it just no one really bothered to go into depth as to how to use razor leaf for things such as putting more spin on it? Regardless I think I'll go to training mode right now and spam razor leaf and practice with it and do more testing =D

Edit: Hey guys, I think I found something. I'm testing now and using Susa's model if you go 5-6-8-6 you make the razor leaf curve upwards. I did it quite a number of times right now. It looks to be at a 30 degree angle almost however I remember making one that went like around 70-80 and it didn't go far before it started to curve upwards, like I'd say like one or two razor leaf lengths before it curved that steeply so I'm curious to find out now how to make steep curves up.

Edit#2: My high hoped bouncing razor leaf has just been proved busted. My hopes were if you threw a razor leaf down into the stage it would bounce abck and hit the opponent just like Link and TL's boomerang. Silly me and my toon Link mentality XD. It turns out if it hits the ground it just vanishes.

anax4aero

Smash Cadet
As far as I know, you can have little influence on Razor leafs trajectory. You can't entirely control it but you can jump and use RL and make it curve down toward your target. I also know that if you hit side B and immediately back then the leaf will (majority of the time like 96% I'd give it) have more spin than the average razor leaf. Of course we know, the harder you hit side B the longer range it will go.
What exactly does having more spin mean? does it increase damage, knockback, anything?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm not entirely sure what more spin on it would do. Theoretically I think that it would be harder dodge.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
It can be used for things such as hitting your opponent on platforms. Like when I played on Battlefield, my opponent would get hit from the platforms.

It doesn't do anything to knockback or damage. But I think curving "The Leaf" could help our projectile/spacing game.

dre_89_

Smash Cadet
Yeah it would be useful, especially because it doesn't decrease in damage when fatigued, and the opponent wouldn't expect it. I know Susa mentioned shorthops, does it have to a shorthop or can it be done every way?

Also, how much curve are we talking here? Is it just like the normal random upward curve you get sometimes, because that isn't much.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
You just have to mash it quickly and it will seem normal until the very end when it curves.

Wow, I discovered a new tech!

Yea, this should, be definitely be experienced with more, I'm surprised that I was the first to discover this.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
If someone looks up my posts or the ivy tactical discussion i figure dout and explained this a long time ago

Shows how much people listen

*EDIT* sorry to be so graumpy about this just i wrote almost a whole page about this and no one here even knew about it......jus a bit aggrivating

anax4aero

Smash Cadet
If someone looks up my posts or the ivy tactical discussion i figure dout and explained this a long time ago

Shows how much people listen

*EDIT* sorry to be so graumpy about this just i wrote almost a whole page about this and no one here even knew about it......jus a bit aggrivating
you could post a link of that post in this thread so people who haven't gone through all the pages of the Ivysaur Tactical discussion can take a look at it.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6083202#post6083202

Thats the post otherwise its on the 16th page of the Ivy tactical discussion this is completely tested and the main way to pull off razor leaves angles and speed. The one thing left out is that smash throwing leaves will make a difference and should always be assumed as being used in my explanation. So in short my whole explanation is based of smash throwing razor leaves.

And thanks you very much for remembering Tcranter....You were one of my friends around here like IRL and reflex but yea I did beat you lol. Sorry I never came back I kinda converted to AiB but overall I really should come back man!!

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Haha very funny typh I think I smell saracasm but I never had a good nose for it......anyway tcranter maybe I will. But I thought u were against people trying to get ATs named after them....... Because I jus wanted some credit for my work nothin else

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Haha I guess it is a catchy name so I cant argue if the people wanna call it Ice Cooning then it shall be called Ice Cooning :p

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
and when you ice **** at a 45 degree angle you can be like OOOHHH SNAP I JUST ICE_COON 45'D YOU GET *****

CoonTail

Smash Lord
and when you ice **** at a 45 degree angle you can be like OOOHHH SNAP I JUST ICE_COON 45'D YOU GET *****
Hahaha word typh this is even more funny because the best angle you can throw a razor leaf at is the 45 degree one because it gets max speed and distance and can shield poke peoples feet....SOOO IN SHORT

get ice_cooned
Thats right brawl community YOU JUST GOT ICE_COON 45'D GET *****!!!!

Top Bottom