• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plan Zero Revealed On Brawlhacks Wiki!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackharvest

Smash Apprentice

CLICK... NAO... AND HOLD YOUR INNARDS IN CAUSE YOU'LL SHARD TILL YOU DROP.

ORIGINAL POST ON GSCENTRAL
http://board.gscentral.org/showthread.php?t=30533

INSTRUCTIONS: Place the .PAC file (yes the pac file!) into the Mario folder as usual, just like a texture.

ie: X:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\mario

I was startled by a sudden email notification that claimed "Plan Zero has been updated on the brawlhacks wiki." The page had been created some time ago, and I plainly ignored it, thinking it was just somebody goofing around (it's a wiki, what do you expect?)

We posted an update on MeowMix literally within 2 minutes of the update, and quickly went to work creating some quick'n'spiffy images to commemorate the event. Here are some observed facts:

MARIO'S MOVESET

It would appear, from video footage, that his moves are changed, but not "created". He doesn't have a Falcon Punch, or a Peach Slap - however, he has a flame saber, as well as crawling fireballs. These moves (fireball, and swinging motion from beamsword) are within the game, naturally, but not assigned to any character.

Thus, we can conclude early that this doesn't constitute as a model hack, but more of a moveset hack. His over B move now gives a sinister triple kick that can be used over and over again - knocking the enemy farther from himself. While a completely new move, this is not to be mistaken for a new "animation". He has this kick - it's his tilt-forward-A move, modified with authority.

The animation speeds and damaging effects have been royally tampered with, and as a result, a new moveset is born. It has it's quirks, but overall, looks incredible, and has lots of promise for the hacking community as a whole.

POSSIBILITIES AND IMPOSSIBILITIES
The beamsword technique is unique to an item, and that animation can be used by any character. Firey explosions are sometimes unique to the character, but oftentimes is yet another gimmick set up from items' and their effects as well. Each move that Phoenix Mario performs is a doable (or at least in one frame or another) executable via the normal Mario. Speeds and effects are changed along with it to make it more epic.

So, let's view another item's animation process. You could take Metroid's "spin jump" item, and apply that animation onto Sonic's UpB move, so that after using the spring, he spins as well. Heck, add a fire effect onto that too - not only do you have an UpB move using the spring, he now spins, using fire. This process would be possible, merely because of the animation prospects from the item, as well as fire effects used from items as well.

Technically, the "pick up the box" animation could be used for replacing the current animation for throwing opponents, because Mario is pre-loaded with that animation. Box throwing is possible in every direction, and could be implemented as a throw is desired.

Use the animation from the super scope to give Lucario a DragonBall Z-esque "continuous shot" animation of his Neutral B move. Add some epicness by having him continue to alternate between hands when he shoots those - since he has animations for using his left arm, as well as his right.

Is this making more sense now? From the images and screens we've seen, this is the conclusion I'm coming to, and the conclusion that many of you have probably already come to. UNLESS phantom wings lets us in on whether or not 'inter-character' animations are possible, that range of imagination shouldn't really be played around with quite yet.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Can't wait to flex my creative knowledge with this one. Hopefully it's relatively users friendly, though I can imagine this would take a while to learn and use proficiently.

5ive

Smash Champion
Wow at fire sword f-smash.

The possibilities are endless. I smell Pichu in the near future. Doc pills... Melee Roy Neutral B? OMFG. :suess:

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I see fanbooys creating knuckles. And Shadow.

I'm just gonna make my own character :)

cough * WADDLE DEE *cough * KIRBY * cough
lmao

nah, i am gonna make my own character :)

not waddle dee

GENO :p

5ive

Smash Champion

lmao

not waddle dee

You just made me realize something. A LOT of people are going to make random characters. Let's try not to get carried away now :p.

I'd say get some supporters or a group of people to work on the moveset and give feedback before making a character. That would avoid a lot of failed attempts at making fail characters.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion

lmao

not waddle dee

Remember there are limitations. You'll have to use base characters (or so it seems) meaning in order to make Geno you'd have to most likely use Toon Link as the base.

bobson

Smash Lord
"This hack has been released at GSCentral."

Can anyone find it? I've looked around with no luck. I want to play this ridiculous Mario.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
"This hack has been released at GSCentral."

Can anyone find it? I've looked around with no luck. I want to play this ridiculous Mario.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MVWR0G9D

thats the .pac file.

here is his post:

And so comes the close of Phantom Wings' 365th day in existence. That's right, today was exactly one year since my first post and subsequently my first codes posted here at GSCentral.net. To commemorate the date, I will release to you you all the first fruits of Plan Zero - now officially name Project SA.

I was initially intending on having a machinima-like introduction with the whole Challenger approaching thing, (hence why I haven't released it sooner) but due to technical difficulties I'll have to settle for a SmashBros.com-like article on him.

For lack of a better name, I named him Pheonix Mario.

I started working on this yesterday morning and finished it late into the night of the same day. Once you get the hang of it, it is surprisingly simple to use. Currently however, there are many pieces of script that remain without descriptions or instructions on how to use them. So much of it is unusable unless you're well versed in the syntax of the script.

Tell me what you think.
IM GONNA TRY THIS OUT NOW

just tried it out. THIS. IS. AMAZING.

just put the pac file in the mario folder. :)

I LOVE YOU PHANTOM WINGS! :)

o, ppl, when u run w/ him, fire is on his boots, its AWESOME

fire sword is AMAZING

use it with the file patch code. it works!

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Pheonix mario is funner to play as than the original.
@gog= Yes. Except the costume doesn't change.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
That's **** cool. Good **** as always PW. Can't wait for a more polished version so those of us who don't understand all the syntax can start working on our own characters.

bobson

Smash Lord
He breaks if you use his final smash.

Also his fair does 44% damage and kills off the top at 50%.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Guys i think hes broken though. His fair does freakin 44% up close and his side b can get someone to 64%+ in 4 seconds. And don't get me started on his B+ version.

Ult

Smash Cadet
Wow.......that sucks how can't download anything yet, stupid laptop and viruses.

But wow, this is amazing.

Luur3

Smash Journeyman
Guys i think hes broken though. His fair does freakin 44% up close and his side b can get someone to 64%+ in 4 seconds. And don't get me started on his B+ version.
That can be easily fixed. What matters more is what this has shown, and that is plain awesome

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
OMG now I just want the model editing project to have this much success.

Working models+moveset editing=completely new characters.

Someone make Lyn PLEEEEAAASSEEEE!?!? (Fire emblem needs more rep imo).

/getting way ahead of myself

bobson

Smash Lord
As amazing as this is technically, I have a distinct fear that random stupid broken **** like this will be pretty much all people make of it.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
He also has no walking animation, he just stands in place. Meaning you can only dash.

However, I agree - this is amazing and is much more fun than normal Mario. Just needs some tweaking, and the possibilities will be endless.

And I second the WTF at his taunts and victory poses being switched.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
OMG now I just want the model editing project to have this much success.

Working models+moveset editing=completely new characters.

Someone make Lyn PLEEEEAAASSEEEE!?!? (Fire emblem needs more rep imo).

/getting way ahead of myself
When we get a usable version I'll get in contact with you to try and make a Lyn, since she seems more probable then Hector...

Who would we base her off of though?

All lots of things we are getting ahead of ourselves on. Hopefully I'll get a workable model soon to either polish up Roy or start a new character, whichever the public wants.

Luur3

Smash Journeyman
When we get a usable version I'll get in contact with you to try and make a Lyn, since she seems more probable then Hector...

Who would we base her off of though?

All lots of things we are getting ahead of ourselves on. Hopefully I'll get a workable model soon to either polish up Roy or start a new character, whichever the public wants.
Agreed. Before we start getting into new characters, lets tweak old characters first

Example idea: Turn Roy's NeutralB into a Fsmash with an Eruption effect (Ike's Neutral B). Just an idea

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i...i came. i'm not talking some joking online form of expressing excitement; i genually came when i saw what was done. this... this is gonna be fun... oh dear god this is gonna be fun. dear ****ing christ... this... this is... i can't even express how ****ing amazing this is. OoO

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Oh gawd..... The Brawl Hacking community is glorius..... Or is it just Phantom Wings.

Anywho, we need Magicant Ness, doing stuff like this in his moveset, and now.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Well...If they do ever make fan-made characters official, this'll be a nightmare to balance.

But...This is freaking fantastic! I'm excited to see what people come up with. So it's only limited by the animations the character already has? You can't make more animations for a character, right?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Neat! PW continues to be amazing.

FLUDD is too good.

Dantarion said:
First of all, its not based off the costume, as no matter what costume I select, Phantom Mario's moveset gets loaded.
Why wouldn't it? It's FitMario.pac, so it should work for every costume, akin to editing slashes, lasers, etc.

Luur3

Smash Journeyman
First of all, its not based off the costume, as no matter what costume I select, Phantom Mario's moveset gets loaded.
I am uploading a vid to youtube for those who don't wish to test it, but wanna see what its like.

One of his victory poses is the idle animation :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd4n1Kv2mjE
That was pretty quick :p

This is seriously amazing. My only real complaint is the lack of any sound on the DownB, and its serious stalling abilities. Very minor complains though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom