• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros at Nikos #8 Results

Niko_K

Smash Master
Brawl Doubles:
1: Perscribe the Hype (Doc + Hype)
2: Untouchables (Ambrose + KingAce)
3: Ape **** On a Cape (TO Plank + HolyNightmare)
4: We'll Figure It Out (Suzaku + Swordgard)
5: Team JR (Nickcam + Mikey7)
5: Zero Suit Sammich (Minus + Percon)
7: untitled (Pastaboy + KC)
7: Nobody's Fool (Wolfblade + Fool)
9: Steel City Brawlers (Culex + Iliad)
9: ZenX (AvariceX + Zen)
9: Brava (Sauce + Crew)

Brawl Singles:
1: KingAce
2: HolyNightmare
3: Swordgard
4: Percon
5: SilverDoc
5: TO Joe
7: Nickcam
7: Ambrose
9: Pastaboy
9: Hype
9: Fool
9: Wolfblade
13: Mikey7
13: SK
13: Suzaku
13: NikoK
17: Iliad
17: GI
17: Sauce
17: Culex
17: AvariceX
17: Tasty
17: Raidos
25: Pyrnight

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
ggs everyone i played with, T.O needs a MTL ban til we all learn the rob and ics matchup lol

Hype

Smash Lord
I didn't place too well in singles but I lost to legit players (Percon and Doc) so it's all good.

I'll do shoutouts later.

Thanks for hosting Niko. You should put the brackets up.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Mikey and Niko should have done the bracket imo, too many of us were trying to influence how it was and resulted in a very poorly made bracket,s'all good though

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Honestly, the best brackets are made on paper with the coin flip technique.

Seriously....

Tournament was fun as **** though. Where have all the noobs gone?

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Pownz bracket was good : P

edit: had to edit, coin flip method once got kingace and ambrose playing 2nd round rofl : p sorry I had to lol

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Pownz bracket was good : P

edit: had to edit, coin flip method once got kingace and ambrose playing 2nd round rofl : p sorry I had to lol
But considering one of them had to have been second seed in that case, it makes sense....

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Yeah but 1 and 2 on the pr should definately not be playing 2nd round lol, I like seeding 1st and 2nd by hand, then randoming 3rd and 4th, then swtiching regions up....but I probably won't be making brackets for a while lol

Niko_K

Smash Master
Yeah but 1 and 2 on the pr should definately not be playing 2nd round lol, I like seeding 1st and 2nd by hand, then randoming 3rd and 4th, then swtiching regions up....but I probably won't be making brackets for a while lol
Not to say but i think one of your problems in gta was that your PR isnt exactly perfect.
2nd of all, i was considered to be a noob and there made the bracket on my side even harder >.<. Like seriously, you guys need to update your PR and badly.

This is swordgard btw.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Aaannd of course the almighty Swordgard would be able to tell that our PR is wrong through a single, 21 man tournament, lol

Niko_K

Smash Master
Aaannd of course the almighty Swordgard would be able to tell that our PR is wrong through a single, 21 man tournament, lol
Hell yes i can, and im not almighty, i just happen to be less biased than some people >.<

And im not the only one who would tell you this. TO joe is a great example of this, hes been consistently placing 5th at every tourney where holy was there, he even beat Ambrose this time(he couldnt beat him only because he didnt knew the ics matchup), ambrose got 7th. TO joe had a hard bracket, beating silverdoc among others, whos 3rd on your PR. If TO joe has been consistently placing 5th at tourney where one montrealer is in the top 5, that means hes 4th at max. In this case joe actually placed 5th, even with silverdoc who he beat in winners, thus proving he was better. TO joe lost to me and percon, thus placing TO joe under percon, but above silverdoc and ambrose.

Now, you guys can bracket john, but TO joe proved something back there. Hes worthy of a higher place on the PR.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
You cannot change the pr with every passing tournament, as if the newest tournament results are the only identifier of overall skill.

Before this tournament, To Joe consistanly was beaten out by by pretty much everyone above him except possibly Nickcam. One tournament does not change overall records. This is not a perfect world where upsets don't happen. Ambrose especially still has a commanding record over TO Joe.

Your lack of "bias" seems to just be a lack of knowledge and understanding.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Thanks for saving me a good amount of explaining though, and I woulda threw a bunch of insults in there : P

And Nick beats Joe every time except in pools (10sandbags) (no offense Joe, just have to clear it up lol)

Ambrose beat Joe at the past 2 tournies I think

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Shoutouts (hopes that someone posts in this time so that I don't double post)

1: KingAce - GTA too good
2: HolyNightmare - AGAIN forgot about the MM, but I was pretty deflated because of MK yesterday
3: Swordgard is annoying
4: Percon - not gonna lie, thought your mindgames were good enough for top 5 in rps : P
5: SilverDoc - nice job winning teams
5: TO Joe - nice job in teams and beating good people
7: Ambrose - sorry about rps lolz, mk is gay. now 0-20 or some crap lol ggs
7: Nickcam - taco pizza too good
9: Pastaboy - very very fun set, always really fun playing you, you're too beastly
9: Hype - nice job winning teams, taco pizza helped : P
9: Fool - taco pizza too good
9: Wolfblade - you won't beat me in friendly rps next time, and I'll taunt you after too lolz
13: NikoK - thx for the tourney
17: Iliad - fun friendlies, sorry i wasn't paying attention at all times though lol
17: GI - taco pizzaaaaaaa, that was a gay set playing you lol
17: Sauce - fun set
17: Culex - aaahhh 4-2 : (
17: AvariceX - jiggz and marth lol
17: Raidos - what a beast bracket >_>
25: Pyrnight - crap didn't play you again

MK is gay. ICs also gay.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Seems like a small tournament, but looking at the names on the list at least it was competitive throughout the entire thing.

Wish I made it to this..

Cyan_

Smash Lord
PRs are stupid lol.

gj to everyone who placed well :)

swordgard, just cause Joe placed well this tourney doesn't mean he should go above everyone he beat, even though he lost to them before in other tourneys.

that's niko logic. lol <4

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
well i was a complete failure at the ICs matchup til swordbasterd taught it to me so theres nothing really solid about any ICs beating me in the past,legit wins regarldless though not taking anything away from them

only time i played hype was when i used fox only(lost 2-1),played ace twice back when it was fox only(2-0d) and my first month of playing MK(2-1) these have to be matches over 3months old iirc,not saying id beat them now but dont look at these at even close to legit.....every tourney you put me with Minus,Fool,Brose,Holy,or Doc so we've never been able to play

Cam and Brose are the only players to beat me consistently,Percon is 1-0 against me after yesterday(you outplayed me no johns,but i had no idea what to do vs Kirby,hopefully i can get some practice in for next time,your definitely better then me though Max)

maybe you guys should shake up brackets instead of having repititive brackets and giving high ranks a free ride to winners semis in both singles and doubles every tourney, just saying...take a look at this tourneys brackets,Pownz last one and TPFG

last edit: im not arguing at all about whether i shud go up on PR,1 tourney proves nothing, but dont say i shouldnt go up because of matches that have little credibility

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Shoutouts:

Everyone except one person - you are amazing.

The other one person - You took my Wii Remote and Classic Controller. Someone left a Wii remote behind though so it might have been an honest mistake, but no other Classic Controller was left behind so someone really failed here. Seriously, check your **** to make sure it's actually yours before you take it (I'm actually more frustrated that I lost the rechargeable batteries in the remote than the remote itself). If it was taken intentionally then just diaf I guess.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Niko I may have left my SD card at your place, not sure but if I did leave it there then it will be on the TV stand right beside your TV downstairs. If it's not there don't worry about it I just can't find it here but I don't remember what I did with it so basically I fail.

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
Good games everyone.

Avericex, that really sucks. I remember I had my gc memory card stolen in a melee casual a long time ago. From then on, I always bring a bag with all my stuff in it and I carry it with me all the time. It's sad, but you can't trust everyone.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Shoutouts:

Everyone except one person - you are amazing.

The other one person - You took my Wii Remote and Classic Controller. Someone left a Wii remote behind though so it might have been an honest mistake, but no other Classic Controller was left behind so someone really failed here. Seriously, check your **** to make sure it's actually yours before you take it (I'm actually more frustrated that I lost the rechargeable batteries in the remote than the remote itself). If it was taken intentionally then just diaf I guess.
Il check my stuff, but i dont even remember taking out my wii remote and my classic controller.

swordgard

Smash Hero
You cannot change the pr with every passing tournament, as if the newest tournament results are the only identifier of overall skill.

Before this tournament, To Joe consistanly was beaten out by by pretty much everyone above him except possibly Nickcam. One tournament does not change overall records. This is not a perfect world where upsets don't happen. Ambrose especially still has a commanding record over TO Joe.

Your lack of "bias" seems to just be a lack of knowledge and understanding.
Il post on this later tonight, i frankly believe the only thing that was holding TO joe back was a huge ICS weakness, which he obviously overcame taking out doc and ambrose.

Shootouts

Brawl Singles:
1: KingAce : You nadoed away from my side of the bracket uh? Very clever, i shall not underestimate you again :p No but seriously, was fun meeting with you again. Hope you dont think im an easy win anymoar XD
2: HolyNightmare : I hope you get the same treatment the T-800 got in terminator salvation, il burn you down, then freeze every articulation in that robotic body of yours. Il get you next tourney.
3: Swordgard : Get bracket ***** some moar .
4: Percon : Very very very nice guy, hope to see you in mtl. Nice to see kirby doing so well in tourney, you are awesome.
5: SilverDoc : Online players taking over! Our match was the one that i enjoyed the most. Camping gives me time to think, which is something i like :D. We need to play some moar, you are too good.
5: TO Joe: Told you you could do it. You just needed to learn ics matchup better, made you beat silverdoc and ambrose. Good stuff.
7: Nickcam : Er, dont know what to say, did we even talk???
7: Ambrose : Very nice person and very skilled player. I just wished the ics ditto wasnt so hyped, made me way too nervous. Still, you **** alot.
9: Pastaboy : Good stuff pasta, shame you werent on my side of the bracket or you would have owned scrubby me.
9: Hype : Man, i got owned in RPS .
9: Fool : Cant remember, sorry.
9: Wolfblade : Ahah, funniest guy i saw in a long time, come to mtl.
13: Mikey7 : Your still a nice guy(dont remember actually seeing you though >.<)
13: SK : Drop the mike.
13: Suzaku : Sorry for choking in doubles. Wel get em next time. Your marth is really impressive.
13: NikoK : Your peach is so hard to follow T.T
17: Iliad : Sorry for gaying you out.
17: GI : Fun guy.
17: Sauce
17: Culex
17: AvariceX : Needs moar ness vs squirtle brawl + hype.
17: Tasty
17: Raidos : Ics player!!! *drools*
25: Pyrnight
Minus: Im gonna call you 'Phones from now on. Was nice seeing you again.

TheSkullFer

Smash Cadet
yo niko seriously if u are ever hosting a tourney again ill bring more beer next time so i dont have to worry about ppl just grabbin ****.. but seriously really chill tourney

btw this is tasty

GG 2 every1 i played n to every1 that ***** me

Top Bottom