• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tryin to get wolf chat more active

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
http://xat.com/thespaceanimals
This is the wolf xat. Trying to get it more active and known. Most wolfs come on late at night. I have posted it in the past but i guess people didn't notice it or forgot about it.

Edit: It is more active these days with new Wolfs popping up all the time and old ones. Usually active around afternoon to night.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
My favorite is Skype, but we can't ask everyone to just go and get that.

I don't really like going to the chat anymore. And to be completely honest, it's more of because, as of late, I'm less interested in smash (just a brief thing, I'll be more enthusiastic any day now).

I'm not even entirely sure that going to the chat does much. The problem with this board is that we're obviously not getting enough play at tourneys. I'm the perfect example. Only reason I would want the chat active is if I were bored.

Right now, experience matters, not chatting about stuff that we already know. At least through my eyes. Comboes aren't going to get us anywhere, especially with how situational/challenging they may be.

That's me with a little rant. Anyone, feel free to tear that apart.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
What don't you like about xat? :(

It's too late now though. We already had a vote on this *points to social thread*

Zen if you read this, use this chatroom >_>

:059:

EDIT @ Asaph: Ouch ._. I don't disagree though. I'm going to try getting to more tournies (and hopefully doing well...) once I get my license, and after the first half of school. What makes comboes (are you positive it has the E?...) useless? Some of them might be really obscure, but I bet many wolves would be helped out if they knew to bair > jab at 0 instead of bair > fsmash.

Anyways, I really hope you still come visit the chatroom every once in a while, it won't be the same without you there :(

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
EDIT @ Asaph: Ouch ._. I don't disagree though. I'm going to try getting to more tournies (and hopefully doing well...) once I get my license, and after the first half of school. What makes comboes (are you positive it has the E?...) useless? Some of them might be really obscure, but I bet many wolves would be helped out if they knew to bair > jab at 0 instead of bair > fsmash.

Anyways, I really hope you still come visit the chatroom every once in a while, it won't be the same without you there :(
Didn't mean to be brutal if I was. haha

To be on point, comboes aren't useless. It's the situational, specific, not-quite-discovered ones I find useless. There are the well known comboes and the few that aren't hard to pull off, but when it gets down to having to find what percentages you should use them at, which characters it works on, buffering it (in a situation that makes this especially difficult), it becomes...useless. Why not drop something that's not going to boost your skill by one-hundred percent and pick up something else, like, I don't know, more experience/intelligence.

If you know how to space well, tune your prediction skills, and etc, you should be well on becoming a good player. A few silly comboes won't make a difference.

Unless you're playing someone like m2k. Then, everything matters, including which boxers you're wearing, what day of the week it is, if you have a lucky charm, etc. /sarcasm

And like I said, it's handy to know the comboes that work more universally than others (works at most low percents, on most characters, easy to pull off), but something that would require low percents, these few characters and buffering: no, that's useless.

I'll still come to the chat btw, just not often.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Well... lol every little bit helps, and at least in attempts to research combos some move properties are being discovered/confirmed. Even if some may be overly situational, they might provoke ideas that can be used for something else.

And, back on topic: Everyone should check the wolf chatroom out at night, Tekkie, Seagull, Choice, and Arc are on a good deal.

:059:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wolfs Unite. More Activeness Is Good. We Can Beat The Pikas And Sonics In Activeness If We Believe Hard Enough. WE ARE ORGANIZED AND SCHEMING.

Fugu15

Smash Cadet
I tried to log in to see if anyone wanted to play maybe 10 times and nobody is ever there.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
lol, i still use the directory XD i miss asaph guys ;~; its been fairly active of late though, more otaku town though... probably my fault XD

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Psh, combos such old crap. I never talk about new combos, just new reads <3

It's not active cuz I'm not there =D \

Kidding, <3 you all.

But seriously, Wolf Xat is good for new players cuz they get to play against old pros like me and learn ^_^ How do you think Seagull got good? =D

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i'm getting better that way, nothing like getting ***** by choice and sess over and over again to toughen you up right?

Top Bottom