• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

plank technique side b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ha2On

Smash Apprentice
i dont know if this is discoverd up to now...

pound with di allows you a great planking game, because if you are on the ledge and pull back-->pound with up direction you grap the edge again...(also good for edgehoggs, to improve your recovery range and different mindgames)

Here is a vid

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Known. Pound doesn't extend her grab range; you could easily just float to the same location and still grab the ledge due to her retardedly long grab range. It's still a pretty good move to grab the ledge with.

Ha2On

Smash Apprentice
***, its important because you arent that easily punishable...^^because of pound

Noobicidal

Smash Master
My, I hope you aren't swearing at me! That's offensive!

Pounding a ledge is still pretty punishable. If you're trying to beat someone to the ledge and fail to "win", you're going to start going under the stage, which is a great position to get spiked/stage spiked. Pound's duration is short enough that the invincibility frames granted from the opponent grabbing the ledge beats out all of Pound. Pound also leaves your head unprotected, which means you can still get spiked/trade hits and get spiked.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
***, its important because you arent that easily punishable...^^because of pound
****, your ******** because it leaves you vulnerable, and this has been known since SMASH64!!!!! Rising pound was in Smash 64, not very good until melee where it was banned. Now in Brawl its useful for recovering but not very good for just grabbing a ledge over a jump unless you need the distance because it can leave you commited for a long time.

Now, my point is, swear at noob and get owned.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I wish I could close this thread. *goes to report it*

That being said, I seriously want to make a thread in tactical of what I'm about to say....

"If it seems really basic. It's probably been discovered. Ask in the proper Q&A before you make yourself look like an idiot."

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Why don't they never search the fourm?

And why did he ask if it was well known if the begining of the video said it was known?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
****, your ******** because it leaves you vulnerable, and this has been known since SMASH64!!!!! Rising pound was in Smash 64, not very good until melee where it was banned. Now in Brawl its useful for recovering but not very good for just grabbing a ledge over a jump unless you need the distance because it can leave you commited for a long time.

Now, my point is, swear at noob and get owned.
its not banned in melee, its banned as a form of stalling, which nobody does in melee. Its better for recover in melee.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
its not banned in melee, its banned as a form of stalling, which nobody does in melee. Its better for recover in melee.
I know this lol, it was once completely banned in melee and then they saw the recovery and combo applications of it so it was banned only for stalling. But it was once banned completely. Or so many have told me....

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
i hate these....HI IM NEW HERE IM GONNA POST SOMETHING INCREDIBLY EASY TO DO AND YOUR ALL GONNA REALIZE IM PRO :D

also....ban mk!!!!

PND

Smash Champion
MK is not banworthy lawl

And I agree, SuSa. . . so. . . Hylian! I summon thee!
please lock. . . pretty please?

PND

Smash Champion
Let's bring that discussion to the general social topic.

For now, I say lock lockity lock lock lock

EDIT: Props/kudos/cookies to Meta :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom