• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness MINI: Weekly Smashfest (dates in first post!)

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Where:
Game Universe
1251 Worcester Rd
Framingham, MA 01701
(508) 370-4263

What:
Smashfest (Brawl and Melee!)

Why:
We have a venue, we have setups, we want to play smash!

When:
Every Tuesday, and every other Friday. The store runs it from 5PM-close, although we start closer to 6PM.

How:
Show up, sit down, press buttons, win fights.

How much?:
$5 venue fee.

In case of surprise tournament:
Rules are the standard tournament rules. 2/3 and 3/5 for semis and finals, wobbling allowed. Good games.

In case of surprise crew battle:
Standard rules, stages allowed are DL64, FD, and Pokemon Stadium. No character switching, incoming player CP's character and stage.
(rules are subject to change)

List of players:

Vigilante
Questor
The Irish Mafia
Relax
Elen
Trees
Spife
WeaponX
MattDotZeb
Arcnatural
Zoso
Roman
Kyu Puff
Dudutsai

NEXT TUESDAY SMASHFEST: Tuesday, October 27th

NEXT FRIDAY SMASHFEST: Friday, October 30th

SPECIAL SMASHFEST: Sunday, November 1st
Everyone who can should go to this, this is the last event at GU before they close.

shanus

Smash Hero
Might come with Dangerlance or Shortline with some Brawl+ if people are interested.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Sweeettttttt

Press buttons
Win fights
Have sex with woman of your choice
Win bacon

and you forgot AOI

EDIT:
ATTN BAWRL PLAYERS
the turnout for brawl has typically been pretty low, as in 1 or 2 players, and 0 setups. We would appreciate your side of the community coming to these, but you can't play at the melee table >:|

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I assumed you'll be coming back. Plus, the rest of the internet doesn't need to know that, so shhhh.

Roman and KevinM next week perhaps? Hype

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
If anybody wants there is actually going to be a fight night this Friday the 31st of July. It's going to start at the same time as usual and end whenever.

I would like to suggest that Friday's be taken off because I will not be there and you WILL not get the discount like you would on Tuesdays which is $5 for the whole night. I would like to thank green archer for the thread in the Atlantic north thread but please keep this thread updated when I update the thread in tourney discussion.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I've only been charged $5 for the night, regardless of what day it is. I'll talk to Dan about it next time I'm there and see what's up.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I'm going to try to start coming to the Tuesday ones.

Since I get out of work in Braintree at 5 (traffic sucks going to Boston on the way home).

Framingham is West of Braintree so the traffic may not be so bad, mapquest estimates it to be around 42 minutes. Anyone come from this way that knows possibly how bad the traffic is at this time?

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
How long will these keep running for?
These have been running already for a long time, but people only started showing up consistently for smash this summer. They'll probably keep going throughout the year if there's enough interest.

I'm going to try to start coming to the Tuesday ones.

Since I get out of work in Braintree at 5 (traffic sucks going to Boston on the way home).

Framingham is West of Braintree so the traffic may not be so bad, mapquest estimates it to be around 42 minutes. Anyone come from this way that knows possibly how bad the traffic is at this time?
With traffic you'd probably be driving for 1-1:20, but that's just a guess. The big highways aren't usually super bad, but do try to avoid route 9 for as long as you can once you get up near framingham. There's a way via 95 (IIRC) to go past the store and get off shortly after, dodging all traffic on route 9. See if mapquest can help you more with that?

Mokumo

Smash Ace
im not gonna be able to make it tonight because i get out of work at 9. but im really excited to play kevinm, roman and arc on tuesday! =D

I usually take 95 -> mass pike -> and then exit 13 (the first exit) takes you to route 9.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Money Matches

Roman: One Darrah
Spife: I think we have four?
Irish Mafia: One Darrah
Questor: One Darrah
Arc: Bro Hug MM. And A Darrah
Elen: <3
Relax: One Darrah

I would MM Elen but i can't take anything we do seriously -_-

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Kevin, I promise I'll MM you IF I have any cash left after this weekend. I'm flat broke as of right now, and I need to find cash for dinner and entry on tuesday.

If I don't go $1, I'll MM for change in my pocket or something.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I'm down for MMs with whoever.

=| @ title
lol @ using my format in the first post (see: my most recent topics)

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Hey Questor I am going to talk to Dan about having fight nights on Fridays when school starts up again. I will update you when I find out more info.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Me and Bella are most likely going tomorrow with Relax if I can get a hold of him. She just saw all 3 genesis finals sets and loved it lol

Top Bottom