• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Preformance Enhancing Drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Seems that in sports today more star athletes are resorting to cheating by using Performance Enchancing Drugs or PEDs for short. For those of you that don't know what PEDs are please read the following to better your knowledge:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performance-enhancing_drugs

The lastest athlete to get caught was the Red Socks slugger, David Ortiz. The sad part is that his name gets added to all the others who have cheated there way to greatness such as Manny Ramirez, Alex Rodriquez and Barry Bonds. The main question I have is why cheat to greatness when others have worked hard to achieve it such as Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth?

On May 08, 2009 Manny Ramirez was caught for using PEDs and was suspended for 50 regular season games. I personally would of liked to see a longer suspension because of the fact that he cheated to get where he is today. I know a 10 year old baseball player who plays AA and is a second baseman. He isn't the most powerful but he is a great overall player. His coach says that the only part of his game that needs improvement is his power. I asked him how he was going to improve his power and he simply stated that when he is about 20 he will take PEDs.

This scared me because these adults are teaching the young baseball stars of tomorrow that cheating is okay and that there is nothing wrong with it. I would like to see longer suspensions or permanent suspensions for the players that use PEDs to teach others not to use them. I want to know why it seems that these people think it is okay to use PEDs, how to fix the problem and if suspensions should be longer?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hmmmm interesting topic. Your right itd be nice to see more of a punishment. Now for that question that said why do athletes need to cheat to achieve greatness, I dont know why. Maybe its a psychological thing where they feel inferior to the big shots and must take peds to feel better abour themselves. Or maybe they can just really be lazy and take peds to get the work done. lol but seriously I think the answer may vary. As for the punishment I thought they fined the player who took the drug but I was wrong. Id like to see maybe more suspension time AND a fine. But id make that fine a big one. I really dont think cheating is acceptable so a big punishment should be in place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom