• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ActiveGamers:Coast2Coast (REGISTER ONLINE BY THURSDAY 9/24 TO AVOID FEES!) 9/26 & 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

HugS™

Smash Lord
So we asked for support in this blog: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=28080 , and this is where you all get to enjoy the fruits of your support.

We got the HAX venue all to ourselves for a weekend of Smash Brawl and Melee. So without further ado, I would like to invite you all to ACTivegamerS presents: Coast to Coast, A national smash tournament!
The following prizes are GUARANTEED. The payouts are as follows:

Singles: (Brawl AND Melee)
1st - 1,000$
2nd - 500$
3rd - 250$
4th - 100
5th/5th - 75

Total prize pool for Singles - $2,000

Doubles: Brawl
1st - 500$
2nd - 200$
3rd - 100$
Total prize pool for Doubles per game - $800

SPONSORSHIPS

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce the official sponsorships of Mango for Melee and Tyrant for Brawl. Both of these players have proven to be top competitors on the West Coast, and we are more than proud to have them represent us in every aspect of competitive gaming.

Now, here is something we are offering to everyone else:
On top of the nearly $5,000 dollars we are offering for both games, we are offering 6 month sponsorship contracts with ActiveGamers for the highest placer other than Mango or Tyrant in their respective games.

So if you get 1st in either melee or Brawl singles, we will sponsor you. If Mango or Tyrant place 1st, and you place 2nd (In singles), we will sponsor you.

What the sponsorship entails:
We are a growing business that includes aspects of gaming beyond tournament events. As this is the case, our ability to sponsor players will grow along with the business, but we all have to start somewhere.
At the moment, the sponsorships we are offering will consist of monthly paychecks of 300$ for a period of 6 months to help cover the costs of traveling, housing, and food whether you attend local or national events.
Naturally, the terms of the contract will require the players to help us promote, so you'll have to do something in return, but it will always consist of playing Smash, which is something you all do for free anyways :)
I can get into greater detail through PM's.
Now to the nitty gritty, tournament details.

WHEN:
September 26th and 27th

Schedule of Events
Saturday

Late Registration/Friendlies/Additional Set Up - 9 am - 10 am
Melee Singles Pools - 10:30 am - 1 pm
Brawl Singles Pools - 10:30 am - 3 pm

Melee Lunch Break- 1pm - 2pm
Brawl Lunch Break 11:15 am - 12:15 pm (If you are in the 2nd group of pools)
1 pm - 2 pm (If you are in the 1st group of pools)

Melee Doubles Bracket - 3:00 pm until finished
Brawl Doubles Bracket - 3:00 pm until finished

Sunday

Warm ups and Arrivals - 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Melee singles bracket- 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Brawl Singles Bracket- 11:00 am - 4:00 pm

Awards and their respective ceremonies will take place immediately following grand finals.

WHERE:
3203 Jack Northrop Ave.
Hawthorne, CA 90250

HOW MUCH:

Brawl Fees
Venue fee: 20$
Singles Entry: 25$
Doubles Entry: 15$ per player

OR 50$ for the total package as there is a 10 dollar discount for registering for both Doubles and Singles for Brawl.

Melee Fees
35$ package covers everything. You can choose to enter just singles, but you are paying for doubles, so you might as well join both.

There will be an online registration system up within the coming weeks to help us prepare for attendance @ www.activegamersLA.com

You will spend a total of $50 for Brawl which is in line with every other National Smash tournament. $60 for oc3, $57.5 for evo, and 75$ for Melee FC Diamond.

You MUST pay online in order to avoid additional charges at the door. If you are having problems signing up online, speak to me personally.

WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
Your controllers and your scent of a freshly taken shower. That's it...
Set ups will be provided, and we will have at least 45, and a projector. More set ups will be provided as necessary depending on what the online registration tells us.

CREWS:
We're sorry to say that at this moment in time, we will not be able to accommodate a crews tournament. :(

HOUSING:
We have a house all to ourselves specifically for this purpose. The 3 bedroom gamer house will be cleared out completely to house as many players as we can. We will also put up a massive backyard tent for anyone willing to rough it up outdoors. If you'd like to sleep more comfortably for a price, we will be looking into deals for local hotels.

Rej: (562) 290-7851
AIM: reggie geee gee
HugS: (818) 425-8746
AIM: Johnyontheguitar

RULES:

Brawl Rules .::Singles/Doubles Rules::.
Stock: 3
Time: 8 mins
Format: Double-Elimination
Sets: Best of Three
Items:set too off and none
Team stealing is allowed

Available Stages
* Battlefield
* Smashville
* Final Destination

Counter-Picks
* Delfino Plaza
* Battleship Halberd
* Frigate Orpheon
* Castle Siege
* Yoshi’s Island
* Lylat Cruise
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Jungle Japes
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar

(1) Controller slots are agreed upon (randomly if need be).
(2) Character selection is done "Double Blind". Any player may instead choose a character before the opponent and skip Double Blind.
(3) Stage Select is determined by Elimination Method (see 'Stage Select - First Round', below).

- Round 2 -
(1) Winner of the Previous match bans a stage from the list of stages. Loser of the previous round announces the stage to be played - you may not choose a stage on which you have already won.
(2) Winner of the previous round selects character.
(3) Loser of the previous round selects character.
(4) Stage is highlighted by the previous round's loser, and started by the previous round's winner.

Repeat 1-4 for each additional round played.
Players alternate choosing a stage to "eliminate" from the list of available stages, starting with the player with the controller slot closest to #1. The last stage remaining is used for the first round of the set.

*If someone kills by locking in a suicide move such as ganondorf flame choke or bowser bomb the person who initiated the move wins.

*Standing Infinites are banned. Ice Climbers grabs are allowed. Wall infinites allowed.

*Ledge rule in effect. 50 ledge grab limit. If in the event you suspect your opponent of grabbing the ledge above the limit after the match is finished BY RUNNING OUT THE CLOCK, you may check the stats. If your opponent has indeed gone over the limit, you win the match.

* In case of technical problems (e.g. power outage) the round will be replayed, do not start from damage percent or stock lost.

* MK's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned.

Melee RULES (revised from Connor's Biweekly Thread/Azn Lep's Triweeklies):
- GENERAL RULES -

* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4
* 8:00 Timer
* All sets are best of 3 matches
* With the exception of Winner/Loser/Grand Finals - best of 5 matches
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose the stage they last won on
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned even though it's funny.
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned.
* Wobbling is banned
* Each player is allowed a random reset per set for the first match. A stage that is reset will not be played for the first match of a set, no matter how many times it randomly comes up.
* Neutrals may be banned.

- Neutral Stages -

* Final Destination
* Dreamland 64
* Battlefield
* Yoshi Story
* Pokemon Stadium
* Fountain of Dreams (Singles)
* Kongo Jungle (Doubles)

- Counterpick Stages -
* All neutral stages
* Corneria
* Brinstar
* Mute City (Singles)
* Pokefloats
* Rainbow Cruise
* Kongo Jungle

- Banned Stages -

* Hyrule Temple
* Flat Zone
* Yoshi's Island
* Brinstar Depths
* Four Side
* Big Blue
* Yoshi's Island 64
* Mushroom Kingdom I
* Great Bay
* Green Greens
* Mute City (Doubles)
* Fountain of Dreams (Doubles)

(1) Controller slots are agreed upon (randomly if need be).
(2) Character selection is done "Double Blind". Any player may instead choose a character before the opponent and skip Double Blind.
(3) Stage Select is determined by Elimination Method (see 'Stage Select - First Round', below).

- Round 2 -
(1) Winner of the Previous match bans a stage from the list of stages. Loser of the previous round announces the stage to be played - you may not choose a stage on which you have already won.
(2) Winner of the previous round selects character.
(3) Loser of the previous round selects character.
(4) Stage is highlighted by the previous round's loser, and started by the previous round's winner.

Repeat 1-4 for each additional round played.
Players alternate choosing a stage to "eliminate" from the list of available stages, starting with the player with the controller slot closest to #1. The last stage remaining is used for the first round of the set.

General Additional Game Rules and Clarifications

- Please bring your controllers (Use wavebirds at your own risk) and MARK THEM

- Finals in both the Primary and the Elimination Brackets will be "Best of Five" games.

- Grand Finals will be "Best of Five", with the player coming from Elimination Bracket needing to win two Sets to take first place.

- In case of time-out, the winner is the player with the most stock. In case of tied stock, the winner is determined by lowest damage percent.

-All seeded players will be accounted for. We are using a NEW version of TIO which has most of it's bugs fixed and runs a lot more smoothly! So seeding won't take too long anymore.

-You must take care of all your personal belongings. It is YOUR responsibility to do so. If you don't want something jacked, take really good care of it or don't bring it at all.

Big name attendees*

Brawl:
- Mew2King
- Tyrant
- Dojo
- DEHF
- Fiction
- Ally
- Ksizzle
- SK92
- UTD Zac
- Valdens
- Praxis
- MikeHaze
- DSF

Melee:
- Mango
- Vidjogamer
- Cactuar
- Forward
- HugS :)
- Lucky
- Silent Spectre
- Wobbles
- Germ
- Bob$
- Zelgadis

* Attendance from these players is not guaranteed, but some have already purchased airplane tickets and others have shown serious interest in attending.

HugS™

Smash Lord
Post reserved for tournament host.

And a sticky would be much appreciated :)

Bob Money

Smash Ace
At the moment, the sponsorships we are offering will consist of monthly paychecks of 300$ for a period of 6 months to help cover the costs of traveling, housing, and food whether you attend local or national events.
Naturally, the terms of the contract will require the players to help us promote, so you'll have to do something in return, but it will always consist of playing Smash, which is something you all do for free anyways.

I think this is something that needs to be highlighted...

VERY AMAZING OPPORTUNITY! THAT KIND OF STUFF DOESN'T HAPPEN IN SMASH. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT!

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
The sponsored ppl better fly their arses up to TourneyPlay on Oct 16th - 18th!!!

This is a great event! Washington and Oregon ASSEMBLE!!!

HugS™

Smash Lord
Naturally, the terms of the contract will require the players to help us promote, so you'll have to do something in return, but it will always consist of playing Smash, which is something you all do for free anyways.

I think this is something that needs to be highlighted...

VERY AMAZING OPPORTUNITY! THAT KIND OF STUFF DOESN'T HAPPEN IN SMASH. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT! If you know you're at least good enough to get second at this tournament :)
LoL even if you're not good enough to get 2nd you should show up anyways so that when we grow and it comes time for people like myself to choose who to sponsor on merits other than placings at a single tournament, then I will remember who was eager to support us and go from there.

I mean I understand there are better ways of choosing who to sponsor, but this is our way of gaining hype and getting players to come from other regions. The way we do sponsorships later on will be different and better.

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
I'm so happy this was happening, in fact only yesturday I was saying how much brawl needed more sponsership. Its to bad I won't be able to make it. :\

HugS™

Smash Lord
LoL what do you mean? It's a national tournament, every person in the world is invited.

I'm expecting EC talent to show up, that's why the sponsorships are up for grabs for top placers.

That and the guaranteed $3,000 should entice OOS attendance.

I'm looking at you Lain, Ally, M2k, Atomsk, Dojo, Razer, etc etc!

EDIT: Oh wait, you meant if we'd travel to the EC to host such an event.
In due time my friend, it's not in our game plan right now. We gotta grow some more first.

Chip.

you know what to do
Looks pretty cool :)

Sponsorship for just 1st/2nd is kinda lame and I wish it branched off farther than just that =/ but no big deal.

I'll try to come.

HugS™

Smash Lord
Looks pretty cool :)

Sponsorship for just 1st/2nd is kinda lame and I wish it branched off farther than just that =/ but no big deal.

I'll try to come.
LoL well you understand how it works right?

We can't sponsor a mass amount of people, and while we could choose by a better method than placings, it's our way of attracting OOS attendance.

Later on I will be hand picking players myself, so it's good to show your support and bring your A-game. I have great memory, and I don't forget players. This is just the beginning.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
Oh boo. That's my birthday weekend & I'll be out of state. ):

HugS™

Smash Lord
There's absolutely no reason to miss this if you live in California.

Hungrybox, please get the florida players to show up. I'm putting my neck out for melee, I don't want to just see 80 Cali players entering the Melee event. Get those people over here!

Roxas M

Smash Master
There's absolutely no reason to miss this if you live in California.

Hungrybox, please get the florida players to show up. I'm putting my neck out for melee, I don't want to just see 80 Cali players entering the Melee event. Get those people over here!
i'll see if i can find a ride or something. i have to see this in person. even if i do get *****.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I'll be saving my money for the next 2-3 weeks ($30-$45) + keeping my money I made from winning locals ($50~) to be able to attend this.

This looks ****ing ****.

I better be able to go.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Onett and World 1-3

But nooo... everyone went to Genesis (Onett) or some Burbank tourney (World 1-3)

I went undefeated (sets) in both Onett and World 1-3.

Beat champ, Edrees, Dao, Jmex, Yubin, Brett (or w/e he's a Falco main. Super campy), fox16, 3des, and some others.

Not many big names 'cept the first 4 IMO. Dao was the 2nd best placing Diddy at Genesis IIRC. Jmex is a legit DK, and champ and Edreese used to be SoCal PR IIRC. And champ plays with the tops not to long ago (saw vids from May)

You guys know where they at, you just don't go. :p

So Fatal

Smash Master
Im going to try my hardest to come to this! but only one sponsorship up for grab is kinda small. what if tyrant places like top 10, do the other 9 people get entered into a small tournament for the sponsor?

HugS™

Smash Lord
Um, i'm pretty sure there has been a total of zero sponsorships up for grabs.

So the fact that there are 2 people already being sponsored, and 2 more up for grabs, isn't really "small".

Small in the scale of other things, but huge in the scale of Smash.
But yeah, the highest placer outside of Tyrant in Brawl and Mango in Melee will receive the other 2 sponsorships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom