• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA 0.2 Beta discussion topic.

PKNintendo

Smash Master

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
So, any ideas on how to fix the error reading file problem?

Like where I'm not allowed to open pac files, even if only one program is open.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
So, any ideas on how to fix the error reading file problem?

Like where I'm not allowed to open pac files, even if only one program is open.
I'm having the same problem. The Readme isn't very helpful here. It just says I can only open .pacs "without numbers." Is that referring to the file name? Because renaming the file does nothing.

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
Wow, this is really confusing. I'm glad that the commands are kind of similar to VB, but that is the only part that doesn't confuse me a lot.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to use it correctly.:urg:

Also, can you create a new file or do you have to start with an already created .pac file?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
You need the PAC without numbers. Here's Falco's fighter folder for example:

Code:
game:\figher\falco\

- Directory Listing: -
FitFalco.pac
FitFalco00.pac
FitFalco00.pcs
FitFalco01.pac
FitFalco02.pcs
FitFalco02.pac
FitFalco03.pcs
FitFalco03.pac
FitFalco04.pcs
FitFalco04.pac
FitFalco05.pcs
FitFalco05.pac
FitFalcoDark.pac
FitFalcoDark.pcs
FitFalcoEntry.pac
FitFalcoMotionEtc.pac
FitFalcoSpy.pac
FitFalcoSpy.pcs
You need FitFalco.pac only to open this, none of the others.

Sushi21

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it worked. Open up a character, click on the attributes tab, find stuff you want to modify, figure out what the original decimal value is, think of an appropriate/fun value to change it to, convert that value to a float, throw it in box next to "value," and have fun. Simple stuff is simple.
I thought it would be useful if anyone wanted to change attributes.
And some conversion websites.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Im gonna try adding PH-Mario's running effects to Sheik, but one thing im concerned with is if it will even draw the fire effect since certain effects are tied in with characters.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Im gonna try adding PH-Mario's running effects to Sheik, but one thing im concerned with is if it will even draw the fire effect since certain effects are tied in with characters.
Could you tell me how you edit running EFFECTS? i.e. the fire from Phoenix Mario.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I already have the files without the numbers, smart one! I try to open "FitMarth.pac" etc etc. but when I Try to open it, it says "error reading file".

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
[FitCharacter].PAC just will not open. It just says "Error Reading File". I've redownloaded the program mulitple times... but nothing. I even tried opening the Phenoix Mario PAC file, since I know that that should work, but no.

I'm using Windows Vista. Would that make any difference?

Gigas_Deth

Smash Apprentice
See that guy on the corner? Yeah that's not me.
[FitCharacter].PAC just will not open. It just says "Error Reading File". I've redownloaded the program mulitple times... but nothing. I even tried opening the Phenoix Mario PAC file, since I know that that should work, but no.

I'm using Windows Vista. Would that make any difference?
I also use vista, and it's working fine.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Where are you guys downloading it from? I think you're trying to open a texture file pac.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Lol I have failed with trying to create flame effects using pheonix mario's running scripts to sheik.

- The effect files are probably character specific so i probably have to use an advance script to draw mario's flame effects on sheik.
- Nothing showed up when I had sheik run back and forth. Imma try differennt numbers/values later.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I've got a problem. I finally figured out how to do the attributes properly but everytime I save the pac to my SD card and select Toon Link the game crashes. Any help?

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
To be more specific, I follow this route:

Data Partition (NTSC-U) --> fighter --> mario --> FitMario.pac (first one).

I'm doing everything right, but it won't work.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I've got a problem. I finally figured out how to do the attributes properly but everytime I save the pac to my SD card and select Toon Link the game crashes. Any help?
Toon Link refuses to adapt to change. Other than that i dunno.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I got it working now. It turns out that the SD card I was using is a piece of ****. Tried another one and everything works fine now.:)

Edit: His dash-dance is the length of Final Destination o.0

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I go to downloads>smash attacks> open the program, click open, select "FitCaptain.pac" and it says "error reading file". It's not a texture pack, it's the ****ing right thing.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I got it working now. It turns out that the SD card I was using is a piece of ****. Tried another one and everything works fine now.:)

Edit: His dash-dance is the length of Final Destination o.0
XD Beast Mode!

Well, now im in the process of figuring out element effects.
1) How do I give certain attacks certain effects
2) The ID of character specific effects

lordxzsawq21

Smash Rookie
Q: Can you call an elemental graphic effect that a character doesn't normally use?
A: All characters share a global library of graphic effects (i.e. slash effects and basic flame effects) these are usable, but the more advanced ones can only be used if their respective effect file is loaded.
So it should work, shouldn't it? Maybe you did something wrong? >.>

Gigas_Deth

Smash Apprentice
After the fruits of my labor I have made samus impossible to knock off and a shield bigger than the stage. This is why I need a camera... However, I need to know how to correctly change the values (hexidecimal or whatever). Can someone help me out? I have Shadic's links.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
So it should work, shouldn't it? Maybe you did something wrong? >.>
I checked over pheonix mario's script and matched it to sheik's completly and when I tried it out, it didnt change a thing. I'll re-look it some more.

bobson

Smash Lord
Going through the codes really gives you an appreciation for the work the Brawl devs put into this game.

Also, I think PW switched the up-B and down-B special action values in the notes; in every case I've checked, up-B has been 114 and down-B 115.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Guys, I have a question. I was tinkering with the attributes tab and...

Got zilcho. My problem is, I don't know how to change the attributes.
For example.

Run initial Velocity:
0x008

For Lucas. If I want to increase it's speed, what do I do?

Gigas_Deth

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I have a question. I was tinkering with the attributes tab and...

Got zilcho. My problem is, I don't know how to change the attributes.
For example.

Run initial Velocity:
0x008

For Lucas. If I want to increase it's speed, what do I do?
Change the number next to value at the top. What to change it to idk since no one has answered my question.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Maybe you should try copy and paste on a character that does have fire and go from there?

EDIT: Doesn't Shiek's upB have fire effects?
I want fire streams on her feet but maybe I should forget about it for now.

Next thing to work on

CHIDORI
-I want the dash attack animation when she's holding a sword but thunder effect but heres the problem.........whats the ID for electricity?

Top Bottom