• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sauga Tourney $10 entry NO VENUE FEE Aug 8 Brawl BONUS Prize free passes to fan expo!

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
SAUGA TOURNEY 10 dollars no venue fee. RAPEEEE. BONUS POT PRIZES!

If you want to play sf4 and halo or ufc bring your own controller!

UPDATE: I NEED PEOPLE TO BRING COPIES OF BRAWL, we have 10 wiis 6 tvs but no copies of brawl lol. The condition on which the venue stays free is that we have to bring our copies of brawl. I'm sure this isn't much of an issue guys?

Everyone who enters gets a raffle ticket and entered into the draw to win either an lcd tv or a game system + 3 games of their choice.

1st place gets 100 raffle tickets
2nd place gets 50 raffle tickets
3rd place gets 25 raffle tickets

everyone else gets 1.

Top 3 placings will get free passes to FAN EXPO and entered into the 2nd round of the bracket for a 1000 prize.

I STRESS WE NEED TVS i have 10 wiis already. BUT TVS I REALLY NEED lets make this happen guys otherwise we're playing on laggy *** lcds.

UPDATE: apparently Adnan has played on these LCD tvs already and has said there is no lag but i don't believe it, i will be testing it for myself on friday.

TVS

Dimmy x 2
Carter x 1
Leafybug x 2
brose x1
Joe x 1
playgrounds inc x 10 lcds (we can't play with these)

COPIES OF BRAWL

Dimmy x1
Hype x2
Joe X 1
brose x 1

MELEE CANCELLED not nough interest shown this is going to be brawl only.

Current Amount of Wiis: 10

Located
Saturday August 8
1081 Meyerside Dr. Unit 13
Mississauga, Ontario.

BRING TVS and SETUPS PEOPLE unless you want to play on HD tvs.

Doubles start at 11, singles starts at 2.

Price

10 dollar entry - straight into pot nothing goes into venue

teams - 5 or 10 dollars per person we can vote on this

Rules

GENERAL RULES FOR BRAWL

3 stock, 7 minute timer (Items are set to off and none)
All matches will be best of three with the exception of Losers finals, Winners finals, and Grand Finals, which will be best of five.

Stage striking will be in effect for all matches. (Both players will strike a neutral stage until one neutral is left, which will then be played as the first match. Both players are allowed 1 stage ban, regardless of Bo3 or Bo5.)

Dave's stupid rule is in effect for all matches excluding pools. (If player A has beaten player B on a stage, player A may not choose that stage again unless both players agree.)

Matches that end in sudden death, will not be determined through sudden death. The player with the lower percentage or stock advantage prior to sudden death will be declared the winner.

Suicide moves that result in sudden death will ignore sudden death and result as a win for the player who initiated the suicide move. (Ganondorf or Bowser side B.) If by chance Ganon or Bowser dies before the character grabbed does, and the game ends in a win for the opposing player, this win will be ignored and given to the player who initiated the suicide grab. (If you can't stop a bowsercide or a ganoncide, you don't deserve the win. xD)

Stage List:

[Neutrals]
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

[Counters]
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Halberd
(I know it seems bleak, but I've seen a lot of complaints about Norfair, Pirate Ship, and even Pictochat, so let me know if you think another stage deserves on the counter list.)

BANNED TECHNIQUES!-- If caught by the TO or other assigned staff doing any of this, you will be disqualified from your match.

-Metaknight's infinite cape glitch.
-Marth's infinite grab on Ness/Lucas
-Dedede's standing / infinite chaingrab
-Planking and Stalling!

BRAWL DOUBLES SPECIFIC RULES

Life stealing is allowed.

Team attack is turned ON

Chibo's colour blind rule is in effect. If a player has seeing disability, he or she may take priority in choosing team colours as to distinguish teammates easily.

Controller ports for doubles will be done in 1221 fashion.

HYPE THIS **** UP TOURNIE WITH NO VENUE FEE compared to tourney with $15 venue fee.

Attendance list

1. Dimmy (brawl)
2. Kingace (brawl)
3. Hype (brawl)
4. Fool (brawl)
5. Duy (brawl)
6. Ham (brawl)
7. Kingace friend (brawl)
8. kingace friend (brawl)
9. Dimmy's Friend (brawl)
10. Carter (brawl)
11. VAWWWWN JOE (brawl)(maybe)
12. RyanFW (brawl)
13. Shifu (brawl)
14. Dimmy's Friend (brawl)
15. playgrounds inc (brawl)
16. playgrounds inc (brawl)
17. playgrounds inc (brawl)
Nickcam (brawl)(nvm hes actually on to RPS money match justin wong at t10)
18. Dimmy's friend's friend (brawl)
19. Fatalx (brawl maybe)
20. Iliad (brawl) (maybe)
21. leafybug (brawl)
22. playgrounds inc
23. playgrounds inc
24. playgrounds inc
25. playgrounds inc
26. Doc
27. Holy
28. brose
29. Moki
30. Dayzin
31. Phoenix
32. Phoenix's friend
33. anth0ny

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
lol joe u ******* u promised vawwwwwwwn. Man this is on short notice sorry guys. I'll try and see what i can work out with them.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
By that i assume you mean his walking grabs and thats by gentlemens rule, its not encouraged but if you do it people will just hate you, you wont get dq'd

Desh

Smash Ace
If you have melee instead of one of the other games, or just add in melee, im sure a lot more people would come from gta, i mean a LOT more,
I mean, T10 was gonna have melee =/

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
I can add in melee ALSO if i get help from the melee community to host it. I honestly know nothing about melee but its doable! Desh! would u liek to help with that?

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
put me as a maybe, ill go to either this or T10 whichever has more people going

and make Doubles and Singles start earlier

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
Fatal how would u get here? u usually have ride problems lol. i can make doubles possibly start at 10 but that woudl mean i would have to get up at a ridiculous time to get here from markham and set things up.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Fatal how would u get here? u usually have ride problems lol. i can make doubles possibly start at 10 but that woudl mean i would have to get up at a ridiculous time to get here from markham and set things up.
lol dont worry ive been busting my *** more to make it to tourneys, i plan on going to every tourney now except niagara, sorry but thats just too much of a mission for me
i know how to bus properly now and i almost always have rides

but yeah make dubs start at like 11 i guess

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
Fatal, do you need a ride from me then, its quite far to bus from markham to sauga lol. Done lol Doubles will start at 11, though i don't know how many people are interested in entering and it seems like i'm gonna cancel melee too theres like no response from that community lol.

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
Dimmy: I didn't think anybody could be so childish. Oh well i guess everybody is something. IMO , I approached the Smash community in the best of way, with honesty. I've listened to everybody's request and even made arrangements to make sure everybody can have a good time. I guess that's still not enough for you "dimmy". Actually, I don't mind you running a tournament on the same day but the title of your thread is disrespectful to me and everybody who is putting time and effort in making T10 the best possible tournament to happen in Canada. " Venue **** at T10? no worries Sauga Tourney $10 entry NO VENUE FEE Aug 8 Brawl/Melee". I guess professionalism and respect to other people is not your forte. Regardless, people coming to yours or ours, it is really up to them. If you want to just play smash this weekend, then please go to his. If you want to try out or check out every fighting game that came out in the last 5 years, then go to T10.

All I can say is that we do thank everybody for atleast considering to come to T10 if they do go to this tournament, i wish everybody a great time.

NeoRussell

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Can't do August 8th.

It's my birthday. I WAS going to go to Sauga Outbreak, but since the date changed I made other plans.

Bummer.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'm free on the 8th. Would you be able to pick me up from my house? It's only about 15 mins from venue. If you do, I'll most likely be able to bring 2 TVs. I'll be able to bring one for sure.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
done leafy i'll contact u that day finally u'll be able to make it to a tourney haha.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Lol if my plans fall through I'll drive down to this, but I will most likely just be bringing my wii + brawl.

I'll be driving a moped so I can't bring a tv, and I doubt my parents will drive last minute.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
**** this is kinda short on notice, Im not sure I have time to plan something out. Whens T10 Brawl tournament? Is it possible for me to go to both? That way I can go to both tourney in a trip which is pretty cool.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
done leafy i'll contact u that day finally u'll be able to make it to a tourney haha.
Good to know. I've always been too busy to make it to tourneys. My life is way too hectic for someone who's only 16...

Anyhow, do you still have my cell number? I lost all my contacts when my phone was ripped in half by a 2 year old.

Iliad

Smash Lord
LMAO DIMMY YOU COPIED MY LAYOUT EVEN THE (i know it seems bleak...) IN THE STAGE LIST

Just for that. I -may- need to find a way around studying so I can make it down.

Some newb said:
If you want to just play smash this weekend, then please go to his. If you want to try out or check out every fighting game that came out in the last 5 years, then go to T10.
lol you're in a competitive smash forum.

u mad?

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
lol iliad i did copy it haha =) i figured since havoc is next week we might as well play with those rules right =)

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
heres a little song i wrote,you might want to sing it note by note

and LOL at iliad usin the u mad on the t10 guy

Top Bottom