• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Bash! *50+ entrants! 30+ housed! TWO DAYS LEFT UNTIL PRE-HALLOWEEN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple

Hi guys!
Guaranteed Housing

Brawl Publicized Money Matches!
Biglou vs Nick Riddle - 15$
Kismet2 vs Nick Riddle - 5$
CloudStealth vs Player-1 - 5$
CloudStealth vs Kismet2 - 5$
Pierce'd vs CloudStealth - ?$
Reflex vs CloudStealth - 5$
Pierce'd vs Bigman - 1-3$
Reflex vs Nick Riddle - 5$
Serin vs HRnut - 5$

Melee Publicized money matches
Player-3 vs RJ -1$​

Melee Money Match Requests!

RJ :falcon: - 1$
Player-3 :falco: -1$

Brawl Money Match Requests!
Kismet2 :falco: - 5$ - 10$
Player-1 :diddy: - 1$ - 10$
Nick Riddle :zerosuitsamus: - 1$ - 10$
Bigman40 :yoshi2: - 1$ - 3$
Pierce'd :marth: - ?$
CloudStealth :marth: - ?$
Reflex :ivysaur: - 1-5$
Pervatasaurus :mad088: - 1-5$
HRNUT :kirby: - ?$​

Halloween Smash Tournament​
RawrShermieRawr
Notify me if you will bring setups!

THIS NOW INCLUDES BRAWL AND MELEE

When
October 31st for brawl and brawl related side events
November 1st for melee and melee related side events

11pm registration
2pm tourney

Where
Legendary Games
1825 Watson Blvd
Warner Robins, GA 31093

Entry fee and pot split:

$10 door fee
$10 for singles
$20 for doubles (10 per team member)

NOTE: Bringing a Wii+Brawl setup or a TV will help with the event as we are hoping to have a fair amount of people in attendance.

I'm planning to have a Time Limit for Free Wii Setups *for Georgia Players*.

Out of State players apparently with setups are not included in the Time if they come within reason of signups.

OoS Courtesy

This is not legendary games exclusive, but coming from me, OoS player who place top 4 receives a 50 dollar bonus into their original pot. In other words, i'll be bringing a potential 200 bucks to this tourney to give to outside players.

*this applies to only brawl singles

In state Courtesy
Legendary Games will now be supplying a potential 200 dollars to in-state players who reach top 4!

Just In Case
We will try to set up housing for people if the tourney drags on too late in the night.

1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

Brawl Rules

Teams Format: Double Elimination
Matches best 2 of 3; finals best 3 of 5

Singles Format: Round Robin Pools (depends on size) to seed a Double Elimination Bracket
Matches best 2 of 3; finals best 3 of 5

Game Settings

3 stock, 7 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF, Smash Balls OFF
Team Attack ON
Shared stocks allowed in teams

Matches

Stages:

Neutral Stages: These will be on random. Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks available: Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Battleship Halberd, Castle Siege, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Pokémon Stadium, Lylat

All other stages are BANNED.

Melee Rules
rules identical to Tipped off 5

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first if neccessary, followed by brackets. Both singles and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at MY discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay and Green Greens.

WOBBLING IS BANNED

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.)

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Double Posting for importance
OP is being edited with information about the tournament, however i'm about to start grinding hard to figure out how things are going to be set from now on.

FIrst off, couple of things to note..

Brawl has priority over melee, until i see an extremely large group of people "POST" on this thread, i will not be considering melee a big event, it might even be cancelled to let brawl have an extra day.

PLEASE post if you're joining for melee

Pools can possibly be done instead of brackets, however i would want diligence amongst players to get their matches out of the way, NO FRIENDLIES there will be a time designated for friendlies (during signups and beforehand, then after setups are available entirely).

You can get disqualfied for not playing a match, so do not leave the venue without telling the TO and even then you can't stay out for long unless it's emergencies.

Punishments for not being in the area goes like this.

2 minute wait - nothing happens, just a warning
5 minute wait - lose first match, your counterpick
10 minute wait - lose (first) set, loser bracket (if in loser's bracket you're disqualified)
30 minute wait - double elimination (it should never get this bad in the first place)

Please bring setups! This is extremely necessary to get the tournament running smoothly. When you win a match please report to the T.O asap with your win/lose.

B.Y.O.C. - Bring Your Own Controller!

NOTE: The store can provide gamecube controllers as a backup.

Other

Forewarning: anything is allowed if your opponent accepts, banned stages, stage counterpicks, etc.

No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Stage elimination: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the legal stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

Other Rules & Special Issues

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for removed L&R springs are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound and Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable for this tournament (Gamecube/Wii Remote/Nunchuck/Classic), just make sure people around you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

To preregister, just post your name, region and any equipment you're bringing. Preregistering helps us separate people in the brackets so you don't fight your friends in the same pool/first round of brackets.

Pausing in tournament match mid-game = automatic loss of match if caught. Do not do it.

Standing Infinites are banned! Standing infinites includes walls are acceptable until 300%

Who would be willing to help run a tournament on october 31st? I have big plans for this and alot of money is coming out of pocket to help this go down. So once again, who would be willing? If you are, i need to talk to you on some form of messenger to have tournament discussion.

Interest List (45~) ** not all entrants included
Seibrik
Biglou
Pervatasaurus
Will_
Kismet2
Reflex
GTR
zCasanova
Lambchops
PB&J
DMG
BBQ
Player 3
Yiff
Teh_Albino
PJ
Player_1
Flatsoda
DanGR
SkaterBaj
Omnistrich
Nick Riddle
GameDragonX
D-Toor
B_awal
Afro_Thundah
Sandtru27
Galeon
Ruse
CO18
Bleak
HRNUT
Serin
Zip
Big~L
Luffyfan99
Pierce'D
Frames
CloudStealth

Recording Systems
Seibrik

Wiis
Legendary Games (2)
Nick Riddle
Seibrik
GTR
Bigman40
Serin

Televisions
Seibrik
Legendary Games (3)
GTR
Bigman40
Pervatasaurus

Brawl CD's
Nick Riddle
Seibrik
GTR
Bigman40
Serin

Melee CD's
Pervatasaurus
Scatz

Gamecubes
Pervatasaurus

Estimate Pot (quotations are OoS winnings)
1st - $270 (370)
2nd - $112.5 (212.5)
3rd - $45 (145)
4th - $22.5 (12.5)

-Melee-

Entrants (4)
Fullmetal
RJ
Lambchops
PBnJ

Estimated Pot (40)
1st - 24
2nd - 10
3rd - 4
4th - 2

Housing (giving)
Biglou
Legendary Games

Housing (receiving)

BigLøu

Smash Lord
October 31st, i can defintly plan to help with something since that is so far away, and nothing can get in my way.

Player-3

Smash Hero
im down for this

if i can make it ill bring a melee setup (since i dont have a wii) if melee is there, or me and p1 will bring a wii/tv (my tv his wii, like SEB) if he goes

also any other games anybody wants me to bring, im most likely going to look for a copy of f zero gx sometime soon

i also have custom robo

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
What kind of help do you need? Planning help? Location, best place is Waba.

As for planning...

Costume Contest!
(yayz...) Winner gets...a hug? A pat on the back? $50? Something...

Pranks on people...something awesome. Like, pick a random person, and scare the living crap out of 'em! How? Dunno. I'd think, like, a surprise guy in a gorilla suit jumps out of an Empty Trash Can.

Whoever it was who brought Dungeon Explorer to your place, they need to bring their Wii. I can bring mine + Brawl + SF64.

Purple

Hi guys!
if you guys want to do a costume contest or something and let dogy jank on you for money or something dumb, then by all means set it up yourself, but this tourney is as far i know for brawl right now.

but anywhoozle who would be willing to help hype this in other states? i myself will be talking to south carolina players and seeing what they would be interested in.

Purple

Hi guys!
*bumped*

we have three venue places to choose from

waba
BBQ's church in marietta
VFW center off of 120

all of these might skew entry fee, and amount of players that can be held. BBQ's church looks pretty good though. from what i was able to see on livestream, which was a door. :laugh:

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
What is everyone's deal with ISP? That's why nothing like ISP ever gets really far...nobody's willing to try it.

If we did an ISP Tourney, we'd most likely get enough people for a decent Round Robin.

Rayku

Smash Lord
What is everyone's deal with ISP? That's why nothing like ISP ever gets really far...nobody's willing to try it.

If we did an ISP Tourney, we'd most likely get enough people for a decent Round Robin.
Yiff, seriously, shut up about items. The reason no one supports it is because they HAVE tried it before, and it sucked worse than regular Brawl. Have you -ever- seen the videos from Evo?

The only reason an ISP tournament would work as a round robin is because $2 is a joke amount for a tournament entry. Personally, if I were to enter a tournament for $2, no matter the magnitude of the tournament, I wouldn't take it seriously. It would be just what items play is:

Casual. Play. I'd just be paying $2 to do so because even in friendlies, no one wants to play with items.

Purple

Hi guys!
first off, isp isn't exactly bad if you want to make it competitive, you will play it competitive. Brawl itself isn't a competitive game, it's a party game, but because of the rulesets we've given it we can play it competitively. I have no problem with ISP, except for the fact it'll take too long for people to get used to right now, and change their rules on wiis and such to the correct settings, i wouldn't recommend for something i'm planning to make a big tourney.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
@Rayku:

*facepalm*

All ISP is trying to do is use Items, without breaking the game.(Brawl's already broken b/c of MK, but that's beside the point.)

If ISP were given more credit, and tried more, I'm sure people would love it.

But, w/e. I like ISP, and I'm trying to get others to try it. What's so wrong about that?

@Jamaal:I see where you're coming from. An ISP tourney probably wouldn't be too big, so we'd only need 1 or 2 setups for it.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Yiff here is the main problem with items.

It adds an element of random to it. I don't want to be comboing people with luigi and have a starpop out, or you, be punished for actually reading people. Or be punished for not being on that side of the screen that the items are on. Ive played tourneis with items dude, its really ****ing stupid

Purple

Hi guys!
@Rayku:

*facepalm*

All ISP is trying to do is use Items, without breaking the game.(Brawl's already broken b/c of MK, but that's beside the point.)

If ISP were given more credit, and tried more, I'm sure people would love it.

But, w/e. I like ISP, and I'm trying to get others to try it. What's so wrong about that?

@Jamaal:I see where you're coming from. An ISP tourney probably wouldn't be too big, so we'd only need 1 or 2 setups for it.
do you yourself know what items should be in ISP? Because you realize there's a bsic set along with counterpick items and such?

also wouldn't it be dumb if you counterpick an item and it doesn't show up the entire match? That's kind of like counterpicking smashville on someone and it takes you to battlefield anyways, it's dumb :ohwell:

but seriously guys, tourney conversation, i'm thinking about making it wii only, just so i we can use all setups for melee and brawl. how's that sound? O-O

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I have a list, and all of the banned ones commited to memory.

The same thing happens with stages, as you said. That's life...

NEUTRAL ITEMS:

(Sandbag) (Food) (Warp Star) (Bunny Hood) (Beam Sword) (Lip’s Stick) (Star Rod) (Super Scope) (Fire Flower) (Motion Sensor Bomb) (Freezie) (Smoke Ball) (Pitfall) (Mr. Saturn) (Green Shell) (Banana Peel) (Franklin Badge) (Screw Attack)

COUNTERPICK ITEMS:

(Assist Trophy) (Dragoon) (Metal Box) (Home-Run Bat) (Hammer) (Ray Gun) (Cracker Launcher) (Gooey Bomb) (Hothead) (Spring) (Unira)

BANNED ITEMS:

(Smash Ball) (Pokeball) (Containers) (Blast Box) (Maxim Tomato) (Heart Container) (Super Mushroom) (Poison Mushroom) (Starman) (Superspicy Curry) (Lightning) (Fan) (Golden Hammer) (Bob-Omb) (Smart Bomb) (Deku Nut) (Bumper) (Soccer Ball)

That's why Starman is Banned. ISP is a Risk = Reward type play. Notice, the items that get the most heat are Bob-Omb, Starman, Pokeball, etc. They are banned for a reason.

They're working on a way to control item spawns, though it involves hax.

Item spawns set to low.

I suggest reading the ISP thread. To anyone.

Purple

Hi guys!
ugh, gotta update this tourney again.

Big change, Legendary Games will be the venue for this tournamant.

I do understand that alot of people have problems with gas and such from the woodstock crew in particular. there is hope, if you drive to waba as a pick up spot, we can all meet there to be picked up by the LG owner.

This tourrney is closer to Alabama just so that people would be more likely to come from that state, plus, South Carolina seems like it'll be pretty set on bringing about 7-8 people, so if we had our usualy tourney goers, alabama, and those said heads, we have a good 50 man tourney set.

:edit: - now that some standards have been set, i will repost this in atlantic south.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Nice, nice.

Never been to Legendary Games...but I've heard good things...so the owner will be giving rides? Sweet. Waba should do that.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
omniostrich what do you mean.
Lylat is neutral, and in a lot of EC events Yoshi's isn't even neutral anymore, let alone lylat.

Also Pokemon 2, Japes, and Pictochat are all commonly banned around here, and tournaments with Norfair banned are gaining popularity. I seriously think Pokemon 2 has been banned in all ECRC events...ever. The electric and wind transformations are just too ********.

Making Lylat neutral is the biggest thing though.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
holy **** i just looked at the stage list
seriously?

also, why is doubles entry cheaper than singles

also, you should edit the title so it says "OoS Courtesy" to get more attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom