• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Double Jump frame info needed

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I guess someone like House or Ant-d would be best to answer this question.

But I'd like some info on Yoshi's DJC absorbtion technique.

Have many frames before being hit do you have, if any, to DJC absorb an attack? Also how big is the buffer after you do the 2nd jump where you're still invincible?

For example, you have 3 frames before being hit and the exact frame to execute a parry, so 4 frames. Is it similar with Double jump absorbtion or do you have to do it on the exact frame you're being hit? Also how many invincibility frames do you have, if any, after being hit?

I would really like to know the answer to these questions as I need to work Double Jump absorbtion into my game better.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
No I mean when Yoshi uses his 2nd jump to elminate the knockback of a move.

Like when a Falcon goes to upair but I use my 2nd jump at the same time to eliminate the knockback and hitstun and I end up downairing him or something instead.

House

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi has a total of 69 frames (1.1 seconds) of invincibility during his second jump. It has no initial lag, meaning you can double jump (if you are already in air) exactly 1 frame before being hit and be able to absorb the attack.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Here some testing I did:

Knockback of fully-charged Giant Punch at 0%:
-Withouth 2nd jump: Little.
-With 2nd jump: None.
(Any kind of attack will result in zero knockback)*

Knockback of fully-charged Giant Punch at 50%:
-Withouth: A lot.
-With: A little.
(Attacks around 0-19% will deal zero knockback)
(Attacks around 19-30% may cancel your vertical movement)
(Attacks around 30% or higher will deal reduced knockback)

Knockback of fully-charged Giant Punch at 100%:
-Withouth: Yoshi will die.
-With: Quite a lot, but you may survive.
(Attacks around 0-14% will deal zero knockback)
(Attacks around 13-16% may cancel your vertical movement)
(Attacks around 16% or higher will deal reduced knockback)

Knockback of fully-charged Giant Punch at 200%:
-Withouth: Yoshi will die.
-With: Same.
(Attacks around 0-6% will deeal zero knockback)
(Attacks around 6-12% may cancel your vertical movement)
(Attacks around 12% or higher will deal reduced knockback)

The higher the % you have, the greater the asborpted knockback will be. Also, there is no difference in knockback if you hit yoshi at 1st frame of double jump or at 69th frame, it'll be the same.

*Reflected proyectiles such as samus' charge shot may cancel your vertical movement.

Info about the DJC "parry":

Yoshi's jumping lag (time between input and yoshi lifting off the ground): 5 frames.

-Double jump at 5th frame, 1 frame of invincibility will be given, Yoshi will land [1st jump cancel, landing lag].

-Double jump at 1st frame of being in air:
  • 3 frames of invinicbility will be given if you SH, [1st jump cancel, NO landing lag].
  • 5 frames of invinicbility will be given if you FJ, Yoshi will land [1st jump cancel, NO landing lag].

-Double jump at 2nd frame of being in air, 69 frames of invincibility will be given (1st jump won't be cancelled). Regular landing lag.

Landing lag for all characters: 4 frames, 8 if you fast-fall.

I still need to test knockback absorption / amount of invincibility frames you have after being hit. I'll probably edit this post.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
If fast falling causes more landing lag then regular falling, are there maybe some BtT/BtPs that can be improved? Falcon BtP comes to mind, but maybe this has already been tested

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Landing lag for all characters: 4 frames, 9 if you fast-fall.
Hmm...this may be dumb, but how about for fast-falled l-canceled aerials? (I guess what I'm getting at is is there any reason to FF without a canceled aerial)

Top Bottom