• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quest II, A Tournament In Cleveland TN, POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE =/

haloman800

Smash Apprentice
Until further notice, I will not be hosting the next tournament =/, It shouldn't be too long, maybe a month, before I can host another.

I'm leaving the rules and everything up though, just so I don't have to do it again.

Rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw, Ganondorf Flame Choke, or Dedede and Kirby Swallowcide, and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for the player who initiated the attack.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Stages:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair.

Here is the flyer:

Any questions, just leave me a message on here, my AiB acct: http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Haloman800.ai , or call the number on the flyer!

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Hey man just noting that my monthly is on the same day as this. Most of the TN brawl community has made brawl+ the standard. Hopefully you get good numbers that way we get some new faces in the community. Good luck.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
^above poster means change your ****ing date or else ;B
lol nah man he cant because its a community (as in his area not the game community) event. Hopefully having it on the same day as mine it will bring out some new people cause all the regulars will be a BatGG VII

haloman800

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I noticed that, I was actually going to host a tournament the 1st but Stash was hosting one, so when I came up with that date and saw you had the same one I was like **** it, lol. My next tournament will most likely be the 1st Saterday of September, so I won't keep hosting them the same day as yours.

As for B+, I'll just stick to normal brawl, heh. Thanks though for pointing that out in here.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Yeah I noticed that, I was actually going to host a tournament the 1st but Stash was hosting one, so when I came up with that date and saw you had the same one I was like **** it, lol. My next tournament will most likely be the 1st Saterday of September, so I won't keep hosting them the same day as yours.

As for B+, I'll just stick to normal brawl, heh. Thanks though for pointing that out in here.
no problem man. I host mine 4 weeks apart for the most part (sometimes things come up) you should really give B+ a try though.

haloman800

Smash Apprentice
no problem man. I host mine 4 weeks apart for the most part (sometimes things come up) you should really give B+ a try though.
Cool, I'll be sure to host my next one on a different day haha, Do you have any tips for first time tournament hoster? I have tio downloaded and I know how to use it, since there's no money at my first one it shouldn't be too complicated, but is there any tips you can pass on? Thanks.

haloman800

Smash Apprentice
Hahahahaha I wish I could of seen that, a team like Wario and Game and Watch would be unstoppable there at running the clock xD.

Top Bottom