• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Wolf Doubles Discussion:.

tedeth

Smash Master
But like. The argument is about gimping in general now. The Walls have nothing to do with getting gimped. Like we were discussing the usefullness of the walls and then it's like "You'll get gimped doing that".

?

Ok.

EDIT: Anyway the point is, that (like 2 pages back) is how me and Luke play the Wolf/Snake combo! :p

ANOTHER EDIT: Asaph is cool.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I don't understand. I'm addressing that issue: you won't get gimped, the wall doesn't have that hole. It's definitely not absolute though. Someone like Falco or ROB can respond to that.

EDIT: Alright, Imma think of cool Wolf/Snake combos. Again, that dthrow>utilt>uair is beautiful.

ANOTHER EDIT: I'm not beasting Australia though.

tedeth

Smash Master
Yeah I know that's what you're saying Asaph I'm on your side. But that is more of a general issue than a doubles issue. If anything it's easier to deal with in double 'coz your partner can help you out.

It's actually good against Falco and ROB. Wolf can cover snake with the reflector, firing blaster inbetween, and snake can lob nades over him.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
It's actually good against Falco and ROB. Wolf can cover snake with the reflector, firing blaster inbetween, and snake can lob nades over him.
That works, really. Usually projectiles would just destroy the grenades and hurt the team, but with the reflector, Wolf is effectively still using a projectile while defending his team. Brilliant.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok so, just because we have the walls, doesnt mean thats all we have, if they get through it there's still plently of other things besides, we are currently the best doubles team in Australia, AND have beaten double mk's before, so whilst your ideas might sound good gangsta, in reality its quite hard for them to put it in practice.

and if a metaknight runs at snake in that position, and the snake doesnt see the grab coming, then he's an idiot and this plan isnt based around either me or ted being idiots, at the very least, if metaknight grabs snake there should be a grenade on the ground next to them.

by your logic I'm guessing no one has taught you the snake meta matchup?

the walls does sound quite stupid at first, when ted came up with the initial idea I thought it wouldnt really work on anyone, but sure enough it does, and when they get through it, we fight them until the next opportunity presents itself to set it up again, rinse and repeat, it works, its been proven to work, deal with it ;) or take it, learn to use it, and win.

Gindler

Smash Champion
The only character I can see nullifying that wall is ness (his magnet can absorb the lasers and when he releases the magnet it pushes nades back). Of course you see a lot more double MKs than a ness at all.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
there's a vid back a page of us playing a PT/ness team, if he use's the magnet the snake can just cook grenades or something. its not like he can spam manget over and over, and if he sits in it he gets blown up.

Gindler

Smash Champion
there's a vid back a page of us playing a PT/ness team, if he use's the magnet the snake can just cook grenades or something. its not like he can spam manget over and over, and if he sits in it he gets blown up.
Ah yes the cooking. I just never see snakes do that in doubles I guess, my Beeee :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah thats probably because snake really doesnt like cooking, so when you ask him to cook for a bunch of people he gets upset and complains to the ****ty game devolpers that his tilts arent long enough

Top Bottom