• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many invincibility Frames do you get for...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Well, fine then. I don't main her anymore, so yeah. I dropped her completely to not mix up the way I use her in Melee, which is where she really shines...

So yeah. :bee:
She really shines in N64 Smash, just like the other original characters.

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
hard to tell the exact number of frames but i hate when cpu's grab the ledge and mess up my combo >:o XD

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Everyone has some set time where they can't let go of the edge. But doesn't that effect tether grabbers less? I don't remember where I even heard that, but I heard they could zip to the edge fast enough to retain more invincibility frames after letting go of the edge.

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
hey, i just noticed this thread wasn't answered correctly yet.

still need to know:

1. how many frames of invincibility u get.
2. how to drop from the ledge quickly. (i.e. number of frames of 'ledge lag' before you can drop from it)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
"Ledge Lag" is probably the same for every character EXCEPT in proven cases where you have less Ledge Lag than usual. An example of this is Pikachu's Quick Attack onto the edge. If you ever wonder why it seems like Pika can bolt from the edge faster than he should be able to, it's because he will suffer less Edge Grab Lag than most characters when he grabs it during his Upb. I think Tethers act like that too.

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
"Ledge Lag" is probably the same for every character EXCEPT in proven cases where you have less Ledge Lag than usual. An example of this is Pikachu's Quick Attack onto the edge. If you ever wonder why it seems like Pika can bolt from the edge faster than he should be able to, it's because he will suffer less Edge Grab Lag than most characters when he grabs it during his Upb. I think Tethers act like that too.
ohsnap! really? i didn't know that.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
That's why ZSS's get-up attack is unpunishable except by shieldgrabs (and the fact that it's fast makes it awesome). Drop off, tether, pull up and mash the A button to buffer the get-up attack... You've got invincibility frames all over!

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I have some ledge frames for Pikachu. Right when he grabs the ledge he has 34 frames of invincibility and can let go on frame 14. I don't know if it's the same for every character, but I hope that helps.

Edit: Okay, I just tested this with every character and coincidentally Pikachu has the least ledge grab lag and everyone else has the same. Tethers also have less ledge grab lag. These are all just normal ledge grabs. I did not test with up b, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Pikachu
Invincibility Frames - 34
Ledge Grab Lag Frames - 12
Ledge Drop Frame - 14

Everyone else
Invincibility Frames - 46
Ledge Grab Lag Frames - 24
Ledge Drop Frame - 26

Tethers
Invincibility Frames - 23
Ledge Grab Lag Frames - 1
Ledge Drop Frame - 3

Extra Info
-You can only re-grab the ledge after 30 frames from letting go. For tethers it's like 1 frame.
-You cannot buffer a ledge drop. So you have to be frame perfect on the ledge drop if you want to take advantage of every invincibility frame.
-Invincibility frames start as soon as the character does their ledge reach animation. For tether users, they start when their tether is fully retracted.
-The maximum amount of invincibility frames on ledge drop is 21 frames for everyone.

Flayl

Smash Hero
20 frames of invincibility? Wow, that's way higher than I expected. Thanks for the data K Prime.

Top Bottom