• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
[Project Mewtwo]

My Youtube Page, has all the latest and greatest Mewtwo footage!

-[Downloads & Media]-
DOWNLOAD THIS SET FIRST THEN
DOWNLOAD v1.00 HERE!

Videos:

VIDEO OF V.1.00 THANKS TO FOOL'S GIL!

----------------------------
Mewtwo 0.4.4a v. Snake<--OLD
Mewtwo 0.4.4a v. Samus<--OLD

Mewtwo v. Geno 1<--OLD
Mewtwo v. Geno 2<--OLD

-Falcon v. Mewtwo 0.4.1. Awesome ending courtesy of me.-
<--OLD

-Sheik v. Mewtwo 0.4.1. Nothing special, just a neat fight.
<--OLD

-Peach v. Mewtwo 0.4.1. Internet cookies for you if you find both StitchFaces.
<--OLD
Video of Beta 4!!! <--OLD
Video of Beta 3!!! <-- OLD
Video of the "Halfway point" between Beta 2 and Beta 3! <--OLD
Video of "FitLucarioMewtwoUpdate.pac" <--OLD

----------------------
FAN VIDEO #1
FAN VIDEO #2

-[Credits]-

Tri-Bow - Making the first topic.
SuSa - Worked on new Mewtwo properties.
Bobson - Coding guy!
DragonRage - Touch up work and Research guy!
IndigoFenix - Cool guy posting the invisibility boolean.
TheEnigmaIsBroken - Joining forces to make a better Mewtwo!
OniKage - :D SPECIAL THANKS! Picking up the project and making some minor updates while I was busy with college junk.
DarkDragoon - Head Honcho!
-BigSharkZ- - Awesome vertex/texture/animation hacks and download package!
DS22 - Animation/Moveset fixes
AceSe3don - Animation/Moveset fixes
AGFanProduction - Animation/Moveset fixes

If I'm missing someone, lemme know!

-[UPDATES]-
Code:
As you can see, I nuked the OP.  Gotta redo this stuff big time...

Well guys, it's been a little over a year, but we finally made it to the v1.00 platform.  Since then the original vision has changed quite a lot. Now it looks, talks, and walks like Mewtwo, and we did it together! *FRIENDSHIP* huurrrrr~ :B

The work is not anywhere near complete though!  The move set needs major balances, animations still need cleaning, properties need adjusting, and everything needs to flow better than it currently is.
The other Melee Characters:

YL: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241345

Doc: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254522

Pichu: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255418

Roy: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234839

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
because the last thread was mostly just random speculation and not really getting any thing done at all. So when DD, Bobson and Susa actually started DOING something, they decided to move the topic and keep it more organized.

^ At cookiemonster ^

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
His weight in Melee was 0.85, which was equal to that of Roy and Young Link, and just a bit less than Marth and a little more than Falco and Pikachu. His falling speed was the same as Peach, but his FF values were the same as Mario, so his falling speed was multiplied by the same value as Mario's was to fast fall. Running speed was equal to Kirby in both speed and acceleration.

Also, I support this project 100%. <3 Mewtwo. I'm sure after Mewtwo is properly coded w/ his moveset/model, Brawl + might include him and balance him to make him viable as a tournament character. That'd be pretty far down the line, though.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
His weight in Melee was 0.85, which was equal to that of Roy and Young Link, and just a bit less than Marth and a little more than Falco and Pikachu. His falling speed was the same as Peach, but his FF values were the same as Mario, so his falling speed was multiplied by the same value as Mario's was to fast fall. Running speed was equal to Kirby in both speed and acceleration.

Also, I support this project 100%. <3 Mewtwo. I'm sure after Mewtwo is properly coded w/ his moveset/model, Brawl + might include him and balance him to make him viable as a tournament character. That'd be pretty far down the line, though.
>_> If you could get me numbers/talk with SuSa about getting numbers out for me, that would be peachy, and I'll toss them into the OP. As of now, I'm gonna work more on the Teleport. Oh joy!
-DD

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm not sure how to get numbers or values but I'd think SuSa or someone w/ the capabilities could go off of what I said, e.g. base his weight off of marth (a tad bit less, it's not a big difference AT ALL), normal falling speed off of Peach, fast fall values off of Mario's, running speed off of Kirby, etc. I'm sure Brawl's values would be relatively similar.
I DID provide a value for weight, but that's the frame multiplier for throws that take weight into account, as calculated by Magus.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
because the last thread was mostly just random speculation and not really getting any thing done at all. So when DD, Bobson and Susa actually started DOING something, they decided to move the topic and keep it more organized.

^ At cookiemonster ^
Alright, that sounds cool. Good luck with this!

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
I think Roy will top Marth too.

M2/Roy for Official Brawl+!
I'm pretty sure right now, Roy does top Marth.
But GoG is gonna nerf his running speed, and maybe a few other things, like maybe the Bair.

Hasn't it also been said countless times how little of a chance these characters stand for getting into Brawl +?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I'm not sure how to get numbers or values but I'd think SuSa or someone w/ the capabilities could go off of what I said, e.g. base his weight off of marth (a tad bit less, it's not a big difference AT ALL), normal falling speed off of Peach, fast fall values off of Mario's, running speed off of Kirby, etc. I'm sure Brawl's values would be relatively similar.
I DID provide a value for weight, but that's the frame multiplier for throws that take weight into account, as calculated by Magus.
Thanks for the comparisons, but we are gong to make him heavier for Brawl. That's one major change we are doing. We've decided on heavy/floaty more like Samus.

Also things have changed a bit from Melee-->vBrawl-->Brawl+ (not saying Brawl+ is Melee 2.0 or anything -_- just that we have individual grav. mods.....

For vBrawl: (let me know if you have any issues)
Code:
Lucario: Walk speed + Dash Speed (DD says believe it not, it's about Lucario's. So we'll keep his and may make SMALL adjustments to the speeds)

This means:
0.2 Initital Walk Speed
0.1 Walk Acceleration
1.0 Walk Max Speed
0.0736 Stopping Velocity
1.8 Dash and Stopturn Initial Velocity
0.15 StopTurn Deceleration
0.4 StopTurn Accelration
1.414 Run Initial Velocity

Gravity:
Samus is 0.058
ROB is 0.065

Myself and DD have decided on 0.062 or 0.061

Max Fall Speed (Terminal Velocity)

Mario is 1.28
Ness is 1.31

Myseld and DD have decided on 1.30 meaning Mewtwo will fall slightly faster then Mario but slower then Ness? (If I'm reading this data correctly...)

Weight:
Samus weighs 108
ROB weighs 106

Myself and DD have decided on 107. Barely lighter then Samus, but heavier then ROB. This value [b]may[/b] change.

Air Speed:
0.08 is Jigglypuff
0.09 is Ness
0.1 is Peach

We have decided on 0.095 (if possible, which it should be) which is barely slower then Ness but faster then Peach. (So yeah, he's aerialy mobile)

Air Stopping Power:
The norm is 0.01 with a few obsucrities. We have decided to just stick with the norm as 0.01. (Diddy and Luigi and a few have 0....)
For DD (#'s in Hex)
Code:
Lucario: Walk speed + Dash Speed (DD says believe it not, it's about Lucario's. So we'll keep his and may make SMALL adjustments to the speeds)

This means:
3E4CCCCC Initital Walk Speed
3DCCCCCC Walk Acceleration
3F800000 Walk Max Speed
3D96BB98 Stopping Velocity
3FE66666 Dash and Stopturn Initial Velocity
3E199999 StopTurn Deceleration
3ECCCCCC StopTurn Accelration
3FB4FDF3 Run Initial Velocity

Gravity:
Samus is 0.058
ROB is 0.065

Myself and DD have decided on 3D7DF3B6 or 3D79DB22

Max Fall Speed (Terminal Velocity)

Mario is 1.28
Ness is 1.31

Myseld and DD have decided on 3FA66666 meaning Mewtwo will fall slightly faster then Mario but slower then Ness? (If I'm reading this data correctly...)

Weight:
Samus weighs 108
ROB weighs 106

Myself and DD have decided on 42D60000. Barely lighter then Samus, but heavier then ROB. This value [b]may[/b] change.

Air Speed:
0.08 is Jigglypuff
0.09 is Ness
0.1 is Peach

We have decided on 3DC28F5C (if possible, which it should be) which is barely slower then Ness but faster then Peach. (So yeah, he's aerialy mobile)

Air Stopping Power:
The norm is 3C23D70A with a few obsucrities. We have decided to just stick with the norm as 0.01. (Diddy and Luigi and a few have 0....)

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo's Melee data:

Weight: 85% of Mario's weight
Falling speed: 96% of Mario's
Fast-falling speed: 66.5% of Captain Falcon's
Walking speed: Equal to Samus's
Running speed: Equal to Kirby's

Taken from SmashWiki, which may or may not be 100% accurate but has been in all instances of frame and speed data I've tested.

SuSa

Thanks, but we've worked it out already. See the post above yours.

Of course, that data may be modified as seen fit. (gravity has a strong chance of being changed in the transition to Brawl+ obviously. =p)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay! First update posted! I'm going to sleep, this teleportation failure is killing me.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Thanks for that Kaiser.
The reason Bobson assigned the sleep property though was because he had trouble getting Stun to wear off automatically. I'll work on it after I get Teleport working.
-DD

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
Don't get me wrong; I loved mew two in melee and definitely want him restored to brawl (as well as accepted into brawl+). But until we can model hack making mew two threads is really pointless. Mew two is not like Dr. Mario or Pichu; you can't just shift around animations and hit boxes until Lucario plays like him. That being said, I love reading about any progress that's been made. So carry on!

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
I think you could implement PSA and use his taunt (i forget which) in order to get the same effect as Mewtwo's nair. THat woul be epic :D

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I think you could implement PSA and use his taunt (i forget which) in order to get the same effect as Mewtwo's nair. THat woul be epic :D

You must be referring to Lucario's Up Taunt.

For his tilts I suggest using these moves:

Ftilt: Charizard's Ftilt

Dtilt: Yoshi's Dtilt

Utilt: Pikachu's Usmash

Neutral A: Lucario's Jab

Neutral A Combo: Lucario's Second Jab repeated

Hope some of these suggestions help.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
You must be referring to Lucario's Up Taunt.
yea, lol

Sacr3d S3rraph1m said:
Other stuff
They can't replace or add animations from one character to another ATM without horrible disfiguration. That's why all characters look deformed during moveset swaps. Eventually it will be possible, but for now they can only rplace his moves with other animations lucario has.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Adding one new character to Brawl will probably be the BIGGEST thing to ever happen in Brawl hacking history! I 100% support this project too. I wish you guys the best of luck.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Just so people know, all of the animation comparisons will most likely be useless due to all the hitboxes being assigned to individual bones, unless I'm mistaken. Therefore, if/when model hacking comes out, they'll have to completely reanimate him anyway. Right now, they're just working on the mechanics of his moves and his physics (weight, fall speed, etc.). Posting lists of moves that are like Melee Mewtwo's isn't going to help.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
great! One thing quick and easy you could do for shadowball is add more pushback. The recoil from launching shadowball sends him flying backwards (in air). Depending on how large the ball is. Lucario has some but very little, mewtwo could clear a stage from firing a fully charged :X. J/w, are you taking out the trait lucario has to be more effective in higher hp? I think u should :p

franc1234567890

Smash Rookie
Amazing! Simply amazing!
I had lost all hope for a mewtwo to ever show itself on brawl *sob* im so happy *sob*

You are working on teleport right? Starting with the best hun?
I have no hacking skills, thus i cannot help you with this project but im willing to test out whatever you try.
Im canadian so mabye you need help with testing from different places.

I fully think this project will be most badass hack of all time, sakurai can go cry in his corner >: (

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Just so people know, all of the animation comparisons will most likely be useless due to all the hitboxes being assigned to individual bones, unless I'm mistaken. Therefore, if/when model hacking comes out, they'll have to completely reanimate him anyway. Right now, they're just working on the mechanics of his moves and his physics (weight, fall speed, etc.). Posting lists of moves that are like Melee Mewtwo's isn't going to help.
Thank you~<3
=[ I don't look forward to reassigning everything to new bones.
But uh...I think after we get all the specials working...I plan on making a mewtwo "Oversoul" if the model hacking isn't out yet...where the additional things that Lucario lacks[like a tail] would be made up of external effects...like PMario's firesword...just permanant! I don't want to cause potentially empty hype though, and that is SO far down the road from where I am now I wouldn't doubt model hacking be available before I get to it.

/hypehypehypehypehypehypehype

-DD

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Try using MetaKnight's dash annimation. He floats while facing forward.
...Yeah. Plus, this was already suggested, as well as Charizard's animations, in the other thread. Unfortunately, both seem to be useless with respect to this project.

I've checked; he does in fact have a tail.
Does it have a hitbox? Can it be used in attacks? I think that's what DD was trying to get at.

SuSa

For now, I think the goal is simply to get Mewtwo's moveset and general playstyle down. Until mode imports enter or there is some way to make Mewtwo (besides Texture Hacking Lucario) there will not be a completed Mewtwo, but that is besides the point.

If we can't even make his moveset, he will never be released. Even if we have his model. People need to understand this. Yes, we'd have to rework the moveset a bit, change a few things due to his new BoneID's and such - but that's ok and will take a bit of experimenting at most.

For now, we're just dealing with his mechanics and moveset, on Lucario, and when we get that down I'm sure we'll be able to do some sort of Mewtwo Beta where Mewtwo replaces Lucario with some cruddy texture hack. :p

EDIT:
Colored Blind, thank you. ^^;

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Does it have a hitbox? Can it be used in attacks? I think that's what DD was trying to get at.
OMG wanna be the PR guy? You're so good at this. :3 and I don't wanna.

For now, I think the goal is simply to get Mewtwo's moveset and general playstyle down. Until mode imports enter or there is some way to make Mewtwo (besides Texture Hacking Lucario) there will not be a completed Mewtwo, but that is besides the point.

If we can't even make his moveset, he will never be released. Even if we have his model. People need to understand this. Yes, we'd have to rework the moveset a bit, change a few things due to his new BoneID's and such - but that's ok and will take a bit of experimenting at most.

For now, we're just dealing with his mechanics and moveset, on Lucario, and when we get that down I'm sure we'll be able to do some sort of Mewtwo Beta where Mewtwo replaces Lucario with some cruddy texture hack. :p

EDIT:
Colored Blind, thank you. ^^;
DX This is also good thing to note. Anyways, back to trying ANOTHER method for Mewtwo's teleport.
-DD

BG3

Smash Journeyman
I have a couple of questions. What texture hack are you using on Lucario to make it look like Mewtwo? Do you think it would be possible to make him look very similar to his Melee appearance?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I have a couple of questions. What texture hack are you using on Lucario to make it look like Mewtwo? Do you think it would be possible to make him look very similar to his Melee appearance?
Probably using the old MewCario thingy.

but uh...that isn't really my problem right now.

Also:
Added "Public notes" so people can see what I'm doing, and if they can pick up something I've done and get a good result with it then post here and let me know! Otherwise, you guys can just look at it and see if I'm workin'!
-DD

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
They're working on getting his moves and physics to work correctly right now. The appearance thing will be sorted out if/when model hacking comes out. SuSa mentioned, a couple of posts right above yours I might add, that they might release a Beta using the Mewcario texture sometime down the road after the moveset is mostly sorted out, but before they work on the actual model hack.

DD, I don't mind being the 'PR guy' if by 'PR guy' you mean, 'the dude that answers silly questions that have already been answered if people read the thread'. But then, I don't know too much about a lot of the technical stuff, so you, SuSa, or bobson (when he comes back) may have to field some of those questions.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
DD, here's how the stun works.

The BKB of a move determines how long a person will be stunned at 0%. KBG determines how much longer a person will be stunned with damage. The stun can be button mashed out of, so take that into consideration.

Also, stun only works on grounded opponents. Aerial opponents are just sent away as if hit by a regular attack.

Mewter

Smash Master
Should Mewtwo's Dair consist of Yoshi's Fair, with the hitbox being right below him?
Although that would look pretty wonky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom