• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

** MELEE MAYHEM!! ** Next One 1-23-10 ** HYPE NOW !!**

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
ZERO PING MONTHLIES!! - MELEE
(The 3rd Saturday of every month)

Melee Dead?? Nope thats not even a question. There are no Melee tourneys in South FL right now so I will be hosting them. This will be a monthly event, the 3rd Saturday of every month. EVERYONE NEEDS TO COME OUT FOR THIS, Next one on Sept 19th 2009.

Why Is Zero Ping SeXy??

* Working AC lolz
* 8 TV's with no lag & tons of chairs
* ZP never closes, so you can play all night long
* Side Events Includes: Low Tier, Free For Alls, etc
* BRING Cubes/Wii's and Melee!! DOOR FEE WILL BE LOWERED OR REMOVED FOR SET UPS

General Information

Date:
January 23rd, 2010

Schedule:
Registration Sign ups at 11:00am
Tournament (Doubles) will begin at 11:45am
Singles will be played whenever Doubles ends
Free Play/Side Events until whenever. ZP never really closes ;)

Entry Fees:
Registration/Door Fee - $5
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $20 per team
Side Events - $1 or $5
Bring a Cube/Wii and Melee set up to lower or remove your door fee.
May change doubles to $7 per person depending on majority vote.

Payout:
Singles - 60/30/10
Doubles - 70/20/10
Side Events - 90/Money Back/Pat on back
If over 30 entrants then I may payout to 4th place.

Address:
5450 South State Road 7, Hollywood, Florida, 33174 Suite Number 41.

Zero Ping is found on 441, between the main streets of Stirling Road, and Griffen. Those are two exits off of I-95. Take I-95 (south or north respectively) Exit off of Stirling Road and head WEST from I-95. When you hit 441/State Road 7 (its the same street) Make a right so you should now be heading NORTH. The next light you'll see is a street called Seminole Way. After that the second Street is called Lucky Street. Make a right there into the plaza.

Contact Info:
Name: Lee Advent
AIM: advent8812
Cell: (954) 681-3300 (Call only, NO TEXT)
Email: advent8812@gmail.com

Rides/Transportation:
I have a few friends with cars that are willing to get people. So if you want to come but don't have transportation then send me a pm on the boards or contact me on AIM or my Cell so I can get you set up with a ride.
RULES:

* We'll be using most of WABA Games Melee Rule Set.

- Double Eliminations.

- Matches are 4 stock, 7 minutes.

- Items are set to “off” and “none”.

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike one stage from the available 13.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks - Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals and semifinals are best of 5.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, or any form of stalling under the stage (Rising Pound, Peach Bomber, etc..) Stalling can result in a forfeit of that match for the player thats "stalling" by a TO or judge.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock then by percentage. In the event of a sudden death both players are to suicide immediately. No fighting with bombs @ 300. In the result of a tie, the match will be discarded and played over, same characters and stage.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Additional Rules:

- In the event of an dispute for controller ports or character color choice, both players will play Rock Paper Scissors for it.

- Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose the stage that player last won on (unless agreed upon).

- The Gentleman's Rule is in effect. This means that, if one player wants to put it to effect, infinite's (i.e. wobbling) will be banned for that particular set. If no mention of the Gentleman's Rule occurs, then infinite's are allowed.

- BYOC, Always check to make sure you're using the correct settings before a match is played.

- Set team attack to "on" and Life Stealing is allowed in doubles.

- Don't be a douche. The tournament host reserves the right at any time to make you leave the tournament. (That's me!)

Stages:

Starter -
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counter -
- Pokefloats
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City (Doubles Only)
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Corneria

Banned -
Everything else

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you and your opponent agree and ask a judge or TO.

Code:
[COLOR="royalblue"]Set Ups:[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Darkorange"]* Bring a set up to lower or remove your door fee, if its actually used. Also depending on how 
many set ups we have and interest I might do pools for proper seeding. 
[B]SO BRING SET UPS!![/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR="royalblue"]TV's -[/COLOR]
[COLOR="darkorange"]1. ZP
2. ZP
3. ZP
4. ZP
5. ZP
6. ZP
7. ZP
8. ZP
11.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="royalblue"]Cubes/Wii's -[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Darkorange"]1. ZP
2. Lee
13.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="royalblue"]Attendance:[/COLOR]
[COLOR="darkorange"]1. 
22. [/COLOR]

-advent-

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Code:
[center][B][COLOR="yellow"][size=5]RESULTS[/size][/COLOR][/B][/center]

[COLOR="royalblue"]Singles:[/COLOR][URL="http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww4/alex_banx/ZPMeleeBracket8-22-09.gif"]http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww4/alex_banx/ZPMeleeBracket8-22-09.gif[/URL]

[COLOR="Orange"]1. TecZero (split)
2. Linguini (split)
3. Lee
4. Seibrik
5. Steven
5. Cameron
7. ADHD
7. Jason
9. Eli
9. Andres
9. Derek
9. Elliot
13. Jungle Fever
13. Azian Raven
13. Doodah
13. Kevin
17. Doom
17. LW48
17. Smiles
17. Honors
17. Chris[/COLOR]

[COLOR="royalblue"]Doubles:[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Orange"]1. Doodah Cameron
2. Elliot Andres
3. Linguini Gringo
4. TecZero Jungle Fever
5. Eli Derek
5. Jason Steven[/COLOR]

-Advent Lee-

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
dude it is not neccessary to do another thread, just stuff it into the original thread (for brawl) and add in info if this is going to be a monthly
Its completely necessary. They are 2 totally different tourneys on 2 totally different days of the month with 2 totally different players. The only thing that is similar will be the place and person hosting it lolz. Besides, I don't want any Melee vs Brawl nonsense in my threads and it seemed like it could have went that path if I stuffed it in there. Thanks for your concern though.

Miami, Hollywood, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm, Where you guys at?!?

-lee-

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Well, you PMed me out of nowhere. I don't know how you got my name but sure I'll be there. Bringing my setup. I was wondering if you could ban fox's infinites? Like does that count as part of the gentleman's rule?

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
ZP IS MOVING!! Yes it is true that ZP is moving however it is staying in the same plaza/area. The address is the EXACT SAME, the only difference is the suite number. Now instead of suite 11 its is now suite 41.

The new suite is bigger and cleaner

Uuaa, Hungrybox, and the rest of Orlando needs to come to this. You guys have enough time to make preperrations from now.

-lee-

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Waaaaaaaah.

Maybe do this the weekend before?

School starts on the 25th for me.

Maybe I can get Polmex to drive

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
I just realized I can't make it that weekend. If we could do it on the weekend before like Scidadle said that would be amazing.

But for the current date, I'm not making it =[

Sh0ckwave

Smash Journeyman
Unlikely I'll be at the first one, plans conflict that date, but i might try to regularly come if the first turnout is good.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
OK the people have requested it so the date will be changed to Aug 22nd 2009 for the first one. The second one will be Sept 19th 2009 and will continue to follow once a month on Saturday. So is everyone ok with these dates??

-advent-

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I'm gonna let Dwayne and Steven know about this.

@ Teczero - Yo man, Travis told me how beast you are, so I'm looking forward to playing and do me a quick favor. Remind him to bring his capture card so we can get some matches put up alright?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I'm gonna let Dwayne and Steven know about this.

@ Teczero - Yo man, Travis told me how beast you are, so I'm looking forward to playing and do me a quick favor. Remind him to bring his capture card so we can get some matches put up alright?
lol I love being overrated :laugh:

Anyway will do, I'm gonna bug Travis about this so I can record. I haven't recorded in a while >_<

Top Bottom