• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The fhanfus loop testing ground - confirmed to work on ROB - got it to work on samus

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
It is confirmed to work on ROB.

I also got it to work on samus. (Though more testing is needed to confirm the fhanfus loop is also 100% inescapable for samus, as it is for ROB).
This means maybe all floaties (and possible even more light(er) weights) can fall victim to the fhanfhus loop.

This may be falcons wildcard for slightly better matchups.

The ROB board said this wasnt helpfull at all as 'a falcon will never get a first hit nair off on them'. Well, as I told them, they must learn 2 falcon. As a first hit Nair is one of the few things we WILL hit with. Ask rebaz.

So, even though the ROB board still hasnt reached the knowledge that, when perfected, this can, and will, pose a threat, we do know.

And as Samus seems to be next in line after rob, this can mean more characters can, and if so, will, fall victim to the fhanfus loop.

I request everyone to test this on as many characters as possible, and report back here.
I, too, will get started testing this on al light(er) characters.

Let there be ****. If possible.

:falcon:

List of characters we got it to work on:
R.O.B
Samus

List of characters confirmed to be unable to escape our fhanfus loop:
R.O.B

- Please help testing.
Thanks in advance.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I can't confirm much, but I've been able to pull it off on Luigi. Controlling my jump is the hard part. I didn't realize how strict the Nair timing was.

Anyway, I've tried it on MK and you can start it, but looping it for a knee is exetremely difficult. Once again, it's the timing.

I'll continue to test.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I learned that you have to move closer to the victim, in order to initiate a second footstool.

The movement is very small, though.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Nair to footstool seems legit on wario. His timing is sightly harder than ROB's and you have to aim for wario's belly, but it's still possible.
I got a friend to play as wario and he couldn't escape after the Nair neither with the chopper nor his nair which are, to my knowledge, wario's fastest counters (correct me if I'm wrong).
Sadly my friend had to leave before we could finish the test so I didn't have the time to try the whole loop on a human player, but it works on a lvl 9 cpu though (provided that you fastfall ASAP and DI chase after the footstool), but that doesn't really mean anything.

The loop works on lv 9 samus too.

Zeallyx

^This

My computer crashed so I've been pretty inactive.

Is it something like the first hit Nair>Footstool>Non-sweetspotted Bair?
First hit Nair>footstool>nonsweetspot Bair lock>force standup>First hit Nair>footstool>nonsweetspot Bair lock>force standup>falcon punch = goodness combo.

First hit Nair>footstool>repeat = Fhanfus loop.

DellSmashman

Smash Cadet
I have tried the technique on Lucario. It works, but often the hardest part for me was timing the Bair lock correctly since he's a small target when down. The timing was a bit harder than Samus's.

Works on Level 9 Lucario's

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
I have tried the technique on Lucario. It works, but often the hardest part for me was timing the Bair lock correctly since he's a small target when down. The timing was a bit harder than Samus's.

Works on Level 9 Lucario's
thanks for the bump

8-ish months

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
I hav got it to work on mk and boss got it to work on wario i kneed a little more practice before i post vids.
mk is fairly easy once you get about 3 hours into it same for wario just jump slower then you would on rob and work on your jump timing and make the buffered nair or knee just a little lower then regular.

A user name

Smash Journeyman
Ehh, it's too hard to pull off. Not worth getting good at.

Falcons need to practice real tricks like the 34 AT.
Well I haven't tried this but I know that if this works on a lot of characters it could be REALLY useful.

Zeallyx

Ehh, it's too hard to pull off. Not worth getting good at.

Falcons need to practice real tricks like the 34 AT.
How long have you practiced?

As it is indeed difficult to master, but far from impossible.
I actually got it down quite consistently in the time starting from when I discovered it till I made/uploaded a vid showing it.

And it works on a variety of characters, too.

Where there's will, there's a road. Especially in this situation.

A user name

Smash Journeyman
Oh and Helmet, just cause you don't like knee (and knee doesn't like you) doesn't mean he couldn't have found out something extremely important to Falcon.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

A user name

Smash Journeyman
...Well not to keep annoying people but...If you can pull this off in a match...sounds useful to me...

A user name

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...I'm going to try to learn this...Uh I'm a n00b, what EXCATCTLY is this again? lol

That's quite impracticable, but I wouldn't be surprised if it worked on Samus. EVERYTHING works on Samus.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Very good use, IF YOU CAN SET IT UP XD
But i don't think it's that useful, once you do get the chance to do it, the ROB player is just going to unplug your controller to cancel it.

Top Bottom