• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA Official Project Thread

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
Though you wont be seeing me post here very often, this will be the thread where I will release all of the newest versions of PSA.

PSA, or Project Smash Attacks, is a utility to modify character attributes, attacks and performance in Super Smash Bros Brawl. Modified files can be then loaded either by burning a Super Smash Bros Brawl DVD, running it through the USB Loader, or loading it via the File Patch code. PSA is currently only compatible unnumbered .pac files for each character which are usually found in the form of Fit<characterName>.pac. Do not ask for these files as I am sure that there is a SWF regulation against such a topic. In order to run PSA you will require the Microsoft .net framework 3.5. Please refer to the resources section for the download link.​

Download:
Project Smash Attacks v1.3

Resources:
Microsoft .net Framework v3.5
File Patch Code
Official PSA Guide Thread
KittyCorp PSA Help Section
KittyCorp General PSA Information

To Do:
-Add functionality for articles.
-Add an undo buffer.
-Upgrade the copy/paste system so that it is shared between instances of PSA.
-Add copy-to-clipboard-as-text functionality.
-Fix bugs listed below.

Known Bugs:
-Dedede, Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur cannot be opened in PSA.
-Iceclimbers can be opend, but only Popo will be modified.
-Some event Lists for Samus do not appear (it is unknown if this is an actual bug, or to do with the file itself.)

Change log:
v1.3 Beta:
---Enhancements---
-Event syntax display is now customizable.
-Opened files are internalized so multiple instances of PSA should be possible.
-A couple of other minor things...

v0.2.1 Beta:
---Enhancements---
-Automatic floating point and Scalar conversion to decimal.
-Full Grid view of Attributes.
-Full modification and adding of subroutines. (subroutines not generated by PSA are limited in what can be modified)
-Removed the option to delete the contents of a subroutine call to prevent further errors.
-Number of jumps added to attribute dictionary.
---Bug Fixes---
-Variable type selection bug.
-Invalid parameter type bug.
-Offensive Collision BKB and BKG swap bug.
-External Graphic File# and Graphic Id swap bug.

v0.1 Beta:
---Characters---
-Attributes.
-Event Modification.
-Parameter Modification.
-Sub Routine Viewing.
-Incomplete Event Dictionary.
-Incomplete Attribute Dictionary.
---Articles---
-Not Supported.
---Items---
-Not Supported.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
HOLY CRAP THANKS I LOVE YOU!!!!

I really needed the BKB And KBG switch fixed. that bugged the ****ing crap out of me. :D

Although.... Jigglypuff's utilt has a high KBG (at least, I thought it did)

it shows it as being at 28. Does it really have a KBG of 40?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Hey PW!
Nice of you to show up.

By the way... is this your last work?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thank you PW! This more than answered the questions I had in the other thread. And again, thank you so much for the creation of this program!

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and can I suggest something. Can you make it so that you can paste commands that you copied anywhere in the code "box". And can you make it so that I can copy commands, and paste them into another PSA window I have open... I have 2 open sometimes so I can compare codes.

Segab

Smash Rookie
2 of my threads are linked here? :O

"-Offensive Collision BKB and BKG swap bug."
awesome, it was pretty annoying :|

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Just so you know, BKB and KBG are still in the wrong places.
I suspected this...

For example, jigglypuff's utilt has a very high KBG (around 120 in decimal I believe)

yet, in psa, (even in 0.2) it shows the KBG being 28 in hex, which is 40 in decimal.

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
Though you wont be seeing me post here very often, this will be the thread where I will release all of the newest versions of PSA.

PSA, or Project Smash Attacks, is a utility to modify character attributes, attacks and performance in Super Smash Bros Brawl. Modified files can be then loaded either by burning a Super Smash Bros Brawl DVD, Running it through the USB Loader, or loading it via the File Patch code. PSA is currently only compatible unnumbered .pac files for each character which are usually found in the form of Fit<characterName>.pac. Do not ask for these files as I am sure that there is a SWF regulation against such a topic. In order to run PSA you will require the Microsoft .net framework 3.5. Please refer to the resources section for the download link.​

Download:
Project Smash Attacks v0.2 Beta

Resources:
Microsoft .net Framework v3.5
File Patch Code
Paprika Killer's PSA Guide
PSA Discussion Thread
Character Idea Submission Thread
KittyCorp PSA Help Section
KittyCorp General PSA Information
KittyCorp Article List
kittyCorp Animation Names

Known Bugs:
-Dedede, Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur cannot be opened in PSA.
-Iceclimbers can be opend, but only Popo will be modified.
-Some event Lists for Samus do not appear (it is unknown if this is an actual bug, or to do with the file itself.)
-Cannot open multiple instances of PSA unless the second instance has it's own folder.

Change log:
v0.2 Beta:
---Enhancements---
-Automatic floating point and Scalar conversion to decimal.
-Full Grid view of Attributes.
-Full modification and adding of subroutines. (subroutines not generated by PSA are limited in what can be modified)
-Removed the option to delete the contents of a subroutine call to prevent further errors.
-Number of jumps added to attribute dictionary.
---Bug Fixes---
-Variable type selection bug.
-Invalid parameter type bug.
-Offensive Collision BKB and BKG swap bug.
-External Graphic File# and Graphic Id swap bug.

v0.1 Beta:
---Characters---
-Attributes.
-Event Modification.
-Parameter Modification.
-Sub Routine Viewing.
-Incomplete Event Dictionary.
-Incomplete Attribute Dictionary.
---Articles---
-Not Supported.
---Items---
-Not Supported.
Sweet, but umm.... Can i change the offsets without it
glitching up now?

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I am trying to make a new character, what is forward tilt and down tilt again. Been trying to look for it.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yay! My Decimal/float conversion idea was considered!

Thanks for continuing to be awesome, good sir.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
*stares at the "Jump" box in the Attributes*

*sets Meta Knight's to two*

Hehehe, my friend mains MK, won't he be in for a shock! XD

You are amazing, PW. Thanks for sharing your awesomeness with the rest of us. =)

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Win.

Also, as far as I know, there is no restriction on the .pac files...there's a download link flying around somewhere.
I agree, that sounds amazing. Except he would be complete crap with that change. I vote 3 or 4 jumps, anyone second it?

Revven

FrankerZ
Phantom Wings, for the next build can you make Nana's attributes appear alongside Popo's? They're in his .PAC according to Dantarion.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I found two weird bugs (Hexadecimal etc. problem) in the attributes section:

1.) weight: I played around with the weight of Snake. I gave him the weight of Bowser [120] but when I save the number changes, it is then 131072 which is DEFFINITLY too much xD I tried then to copy the paste in the original weight [113] and again it changes the number after the save (To 5,192297E+33 which is also too much and a very crazy weight number ._.)

2.) Shield size: Its nearly the same thing like weight one. I type in a number (10) and after the save it was 32. I also tried to paste in the original size (9,6) and it changes it to 409,6001.

Pls fix that :)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hmm.... Thank You PW.

You Know that in V0.1,
the first 4 digits of the KBG parameter were actually shield damage modifier?

I'll check to see If I get that hexadecimal bug.

Edit: Yep, I got it too, despite me saving the changes in a different file.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I think the KBG and BKB might still be switched... at least that's the experience I'm having with it.
EDIT: ._. Never try to set an attribute to 0, as it will cause SA to freeze, apparently.
EDIT2: Does SA autosave? Because I don't remember saving my other changes, but they're still there.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>.> I think I'll stick with 0.1, because it sounds like the bug fixes didn't really work? And now hex numbers are going bonkers.
-DD

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Phantom Wings, for the next build can you make Nana's attributes appear alongside Popo's? They're in his .PAC according to Dantarion.
I was wrong. All characters seem to have two blocks of attributes. I haven't figured out what the second one is for, but its not bunny hood, metal box, or posion mushroom/mushroom stats.

I found two weird bugs (Hexadecimal etc. problem) in the attributes section:
:)
The program is now getting confused on interpreting input as float/int. Also, some columns are being processed as float which I believe SHOULD be int's.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Is there any chance of being able to modify weapon collisions? I need it for my ganondorf with sword.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Suggestions:

- Allow people to modify what offset an sub-action takes. If you delete everything or c/p large quantities into a subaction box to work off of, the offset is automatically changed, causing subactions that call for offset x to glitch up because those subactions that are called for no longer exist.

Therefore the option to modify such offsets (to fix .pacs that already suffer from the issue), and possibly even an option to toggle off the auto offset maker (although this would probably add more issues than fix).

Finally, when the ability to fully utilize two+ PSA windows (opened from the same directory) is done, also allow all PSA windows to access the same clipboard.

And speaking of c/p-ing, if you would allow the clipboard to transfer to text sometime in the future, that'd be useful for all "developers" that use this program.

And of course fully fix that BKB and KBG swap thing. ;P

This program is still the most amazing thing to happen this summer though. ^^

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Suggestions:

- Allow people to modify what offset an sub-action takes. If you delete everything or c/p large quantities into a subaction box to work off of, the offset is automatically changed, causing subactions that call for offset x to glitch up because those subactions that are called for no longer exist.
So THAT'S why it's freezing! ._.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
Suggestions:

Therefore the option to modify such offsets (to fix .pacs that already suffer from the issue), and possibly even an option to toggle off the auto offset maker (although this would probably add more issues than fix).

Finally, when the ability to fully utilize two+ PSA windows (opened from the same directory) is done, also allow all PSA windows to access the same clipboard.

And speaking of c/p-ing, if you would allow the clipboard to transfer to text sometime in the future, that'd be useful for all "developers" that use this program.

And of course fully fix that BKB and KBG swap thing. ;P

This program is still the most amazing thing to happen this summer though. ^^
this
and Phantom Wings, do you know how to make a character hurt himself?

Green_Swirl

Smash Cadet
I'm also having the problem with editing character weights that xDD-Master is having. I haven't tried editing the weight on 0.1, but when I try to change Link's weight, it saves it as an insanely large number. I edited some of Link's other attributes, and they seem to save correctly.

Top Bottom