• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GKBrawl! - Read my first post.

Curaga

Smash Ace
I just have to say thank you so very much to everyone who attended Sunday's event. GameKnights and RXgaming put a lot of effort and planning into the event and even though everything didn't go perfectly we were very appreciative for the positive and excited crowd that we were able to congregate.

Oh yes. There will be Monthlies. And on (hopefully) Saturdays. There will also be StreetFighter4 (Maybe Tekken also) monthlies two weeks apart from Brawl. All of these exciting events will take place in 2010 after GameKnights moves into our new, larger, prettier, sexier building.

As a TO, I had learned some valuable lessons in how to handle brackets and how to manage the tournaments. These lessons that I learned yesterday will go a long way for me to ensure that every event that GameKnights runs for fighters and/or Smash will run smoothly and promptly.

It is our goal to run positive, fair, and fun events that will establish a strong and well connected community for various games. Super Smash Brothers included.

So again, thank you very much. North Florida, South Florida, Central Florida: Thank you so very much for coming out and making my night.

-Eric (Curaga) Alpizar
RXgaming.net / GoParagon.net / GameKnightsonline.com

November 16th, 2009

--------------------------

Videos will be available shortly on RX Gaming.
http://rxgaming.net

(FRONT PAGE)

Results can be found here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8873635#post8873635

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
YAY!!! GK!!! WOOOT!!! RXGAMING WOOT!

Ill be there! and RedHalberd isnt your brother mampam? so if you go will he be going?

Curaga do you know if Gmoney is going to come?

OverLade

Smash Hero
YAY!!! GK!!! WOOOT!!! RXGAMING WOOT!

Ill be there! and RedHalberd isnt your brother mampam? so if you go will he be going?

Curaga do you know if Gmoney is going to come?
Yeah but we dont live in the same place, so me going doesnt mean him going and vice versa. :(

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
Sry Gmoney i didnt know your tag on here.

And to Red you should force him to go. just mind game him into your car and bring him.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol nah fezz i was just joking around lol ;)

we gotta chill i saw that toon link of yours getting beasttttttttttttt

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
lol yea im down mayb me and Curaga will hang out with you soon. i need wario and snake practice anyway.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
yo if you guys ever want you can come up to Jax (UNF) and chill

we're gonna start hosting some small tourneys (for charity) and other **** soon

once i get back to college

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
im down with playing with anywho to be honest me and Curaga were just talking about hanging out with someone this thursday or friday, anyone down?

and i wouldnt mind going to Jax my dad lives up there.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol i won't be in jax until the 22nd

so yea

otherwise i'd def. chill hahaha

<3 RXgaming

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol tavares, pretty sure i'm like an hour or more away tho

w/e it doesn't matter cause i gotta buy some **** before i go back and i gotta chill with a friend of mine so no dice

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
i just woke up i kinds have no idea what you just said but ok?

and who else is coming!!!! we needs the people!

GOX

Smash Apprentice
Gmoney - Be here anyway! :bee:

Lee - Lookin forward to it. Commentary will be strictly by you + the RX crew. Letting random ******* commentate at HERB2 was a stupid idea.

GDX - Football's gay :laugh: Smash is better. Hope you can make it.

CO18 - Good to hear. Gameknights rocks.

I'll have a video up of the venue at some point. Gameknights is a console gaming center with plenty of TVs and plenty of open space. Air conditioning is always good. Overall an ideal place to hold this thing. We've known the owner since 2004...great guy with plenty of experience hosting tournaments.

GOX

Smash Apprentice
This is Curaga..

Gameknights has Cable.. so..

We can put on a Football game on one of the televisions?

lol

NO EXCUSES GDX. lol

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
football is gay? ***** ill kill you

ive been a diehard NFL fan since i was 5 years old. Football > everything else. Its rare i go to any tourney on a sunday during football season. Hell, most of the saturday tourneys im looking for a tv somewhere to watch college football

but anyway, im a diehard dallas cowboys fan. Pretty happy we got rid of TO. I never wanted that *** on my team

but if they got cable at the venue then i might come if i wont catch any flack for watching

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Ill be here for sure. Everytime i go to game knights nobody is playing brawl and I asked them to host a tourney but it never happend. So i will be here for SURE!!!

RX GAMING FTW!

This supa far away tho =(

Curaga

Smash Ace
ewww gameknights
Eww Charizard Vericz?

Gameknights is the home of RXgaming.
The owner is a really good friend of ours.

Gameknights has been surviving in tough economic times, where most arcades fail.. and still continues to be a positive community destination for the surrounding area; for the most outstanding price. Not a lot of communities have places like GK where people can gather in a contained and safe environment and enjoy themselves.

When I was growing up, I hold very fond memories of going to local arcades.. saving up quarters.. playing all kinds of crazy games and meeting nice people. Its part of why I'm so adamant and enthused about gaming and its impact on our modern society.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinions about anything..

But seriously.

Gameknights is a great place, run by fantastic people. We're RXgaming, we're all about community and entertainment.

I take SEVERE personal OFFENSE when someone speaks badly about GameKnights.

Anyway. More info will be appearing into this thread probably .. Thursday/Friday.

Stay tuned.

(GDX, I won't make fun of you. Hell, I'd be just fine with me if you hooked up Madden and played with some peeps while you were there. lol)

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Uhh... do you plan to release the HERB2 videos sometime before this tournament?

Just curious. Alot of bros are kinda waiting on you.

Curaga

Smash Ace
Uhh... do you plan to release the HERB2 videos sometime before this tournament?

Just curious. Alot of bros are kinda waiting on you.
Release Herb2 videos sometime before 3 Months from now?

Yes.

We'll get around to it when we have time.

Totally unrelated though. o_o
------------------------------------------------

Edit:
Well.. GK is a console arcade.. so naturally..

All their televisions are lag free.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I can't go 'cause I have to attend a business meeting with Russian ******* in Arkansas.

Top Bottom