• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Barrels of Matchups~ Character #10~ King Dedede

DFEAR

Smash Hero

Discuss Chill Penguin. Input as MUCH info as needed + the following.

Both Characters Air Game Against Each Other:
Both Characters Ground Game Against Each Other:
Moves To Avoid and HOW to avoid them:
Diddy's Moves to Utilize In The Matchup:
Personal Strategies To Help With Matchup:
Overall Character Ratio:

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
This matchup is pretty even, but DDD has a LOT more room for error since he's so fat. He's gonna live til 160% so definitely save your smashes.

You have to recover smartly because he has multiple jumps and FF bair is good for gimping.

Camp him with peanuts and don't glidetoss into shield or you will get grabbed and take like 40% damage and get off stage for a potential gimp or another 20%. Just wait for an opening and punish. DDD "kinda" has a hard time killing you since his kill moves are predictable and his bair will get diminished. Uptilt is what you should be looking out for, since fsmash and fair are both slow. If you play really gay, you shouldn't get hit a lot.

Off stage try to capitalize on DDD's terrible air speed. I would ban Delfino and castle siege. RC isn't that bad because of his terrible air speed. Just don't get grab infinited or walk of CG killed.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
This matchup is pretty even, but DDD has a LOT more room for error since he's so fat. He's gonna live til 160% so definitely save your smashes.

You have to recover smartly because he has multiple jumps and FF bair is good for gimping.

Camp him with peanuts and don't glidetoss into shield or you will get grabbed and take like 40% damage and get off stage for a potential gimp or another 20%. Just wait for an opening and punish. DDD "kinda" has a hard time killing you since his kill moves are predictable and his bair will get diminished. Uptilt is what you should be looking out for, since fsmash and fair are both slow. If you play really gay, you shouldn't get hit a lot.

Off stage try to capitalize on DDD's terrible air speed. I would ban Delfino and castle siege. RC isn't that bad because of his terrible air speed. Just don't get grab infinited or walk of CG killed.

Dekar173

Justice Man
If you have a banana in hand, and are JUST in long Diddy Hump range (long range meaning a Smash Hump) you can regular throw the naner (just stand and press A) and then Smash Hump, more often than not you will catch him with a grab, if he spotdodges, initiate the kick and he'll get hit at the end of his spotdodge :D

Fighting fat opponents is awesome.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
A quick rundown since I have to go to school soon.

Air Game: D3

Ground Game: Diddy

Moves to avoid against a D3: CG (of course), Dtilt, Dair, Bair, and Utilt (above 100%)

Tactics: Stick to bananas.

Matchup Ratio: IMO 60:40 Diddy

More on this later when I come home from school. (3:30 CT)

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
glide toss -> dtilt is amazing in this matchup at low percents. Also, early in each of DDD's stocks I would encourage using smashes since you're going to have to hit him many many more times before you can kill him anyway. Once you're in the 60-70 range you should start to save them though. Usmash also is great in this matchup. Punishing DDD's recovery is key. I'd say the overall matchup ratio is 60:40 Diddy.

Player-1

Smash Legend
side-b spam until he's at 160%. Then do something and you'll win.

I'll write a good summary of my opinion on the matchup later, but I think it's 50:50

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm...more of 50:50.

Diddy has the speed to handle D3, however as already said D3 can live for long time seeing as Diddy can't kill heavy characters quickly. Perhaps one of the things to gaining the advantage in this match-up is for Diddy players to predict the spot-dodge and shielding which helps in not getting chain grabbed majority of the time. Also Diddy will have to be clever in using the bananas b/c of the waddle dees. In addition Diddy can take advantage of D3's up-B recovery to get a quick spike or rack more damage or possibly kill (if he's high enough).

D3 has the weight and power factor in this match-up. The CG makes D3's job easy because he can get Diddy off the stage and then try to gimp him with bairs. Aside from the CG are the waddle dees which buffer against banana tosses which means he can camp for a while and lure Diddy players to become impatient and make bonehead mistakes. Multiple jumps and tilts can be a nuisance and his ability kill Diddy quickly further makes D3 able to take Diddy on evenly.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I think it's 50:50. I would give alot of info but I want to save it all for myself just in case atomsk sees it or something :dizzy: There is a trick that DDD can do to diddy that pretty much ***** him, but I gaurantee if you ever face any DDD other than CO18 he won't use it on you lol. DDD can only win with grabs, if you don't get grabbed, you win. So simple.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Lol, since ADHD wrote don't get grabbed it must mean the trick has to do something with it. D3 can chaingrab Diddy easily if there's a banana on the ground, because of the dthrow Diddy will always be thrown into it and trip and be ready to get grabbed another time. It was funny I just tested it on a cpu...

But this doesn't change anything, D3 can chaingrab Diddy without bananas too... >_> does it maybe combo into anything? Dash attack? But Diddys get up attack safes him... but then he could be hit by fsmash. :ohwell:

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
ADHD, I don't really have to grab. If I can get diddy offstage, I force him to do so many things that it ****s them up.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Oh yeah. I forgot the most important thing lol. DONT RUN WITHIN A FOOT OF HIS SHIELD. No matter what you do, ddd will just grab you with his massive whoring black-hole grab range. You will get grabbed out of trying to grab him, grabbed out of your dash attack, or whatever else you want to try. Just don't do it XD

Gnes

Smash Master
Oh yeah. I forgot the most important thing lol. DONT RUN WITHIN A FOOT OF HIS SHIELD. No matter what you do, ddd will just grab you with his massive whoring black-hole grab range. You will get grabbed out of trying to grab him, grabbed out of your dash attack, or whatever else you want to try. Just don't do it XD
Ur an idiot. LOL
Lawl I think ADHD learned that in friendlies against me. =3
Or the lvl 9 D3 cpu O.o

or maybe the thousand times he played against atomsk?
:O
Whos atomsk?

HMD

Smash Journeyman
Pic tells the story

Dekar173

Justice Man
I should correct my previous statement

UR ALL IDIOTS

done :)

*it was all a joke...gawd....internet sarcasm sucks*
Hey I'm not an idiot, I voted Palin!!!!! ;) *since this is the internet, and there are people out there who actually believe Palin was the candidate and not McCain, and they were dumb enough to vote republitard in the first place, I'll go ahead and point out that that was sarcasm*

Man gnes you're so mean to your fellow AIDS infested Diddy mains.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Here's my contribution to this thread.

Diddys disadvantages.

- D3 outranges diddy in almost any fasion or form, attacks and grab range.

- D3 has a cg on diddy, ( hard to pull off due to bananas, but a cg nonetheless ).

- Has better kill potential than diddy.

- Has trouble dying to diddy due to his weight class + the weak vertical, diagonal, and horizontal knockback of all diddys potential kill moves.

- Hes a floaty, which helps avoid diddys naner game especially in stages with platforms.

- Waddle dees can mess up diddys banana game.

- Diddy can get gimped easily by d3 while recovering if not careful.

- Slightly better ( very slight ) air priority.

Diddys advantages.

- Faster aerial mobility

- Faster ground movement

- Bananas make cgs frustrating to pull off

- Most of diddys ground attacks outprioritize d3s

- Can combo very easily at low - mid high percents

- Diddy has a lot of setups to rack lots of damage

- Has the ability to camp with popgun

- Single naner lock is amazing on d3 ( Credit to ADHD )

IMO, the matchup is 50-50, any arguement there?

Top Bottom