• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Smash Boards like Fractals?

BakaJuice

Smash Apprentice
Old old hobby of mine, but still fun. Started making these about a year ago. You may be able to coax me into making a new one for you. Maybe.

Here we have my standard, non animated fractals:

And here we have the not so standard animooted fractals:

Want one made for you?

Here are the things i need to know:
Color up to three colors at a time, or if you give me a picture with the colors you want, i can make it into a gradient and use it in the fractal.
Darkness/lightness on a scale of 1-10. 1 = almost white. 10 = almost black.
Chaotic...ness? (if that is a word) on a scale of 1-10.
Last, Any particular shape, like a heart (see Mura's Heart) or diamond, something along those lines. Bear in mind that this is a process. I can't just go into the program, type in "circle" and get what I want. As such, you might not get exactly what yo ask for, despite my finest efforts. If you want better results, add me to your msn and I will get more details from you pertaining to your fractal.
Email: deluted0@hotmail.com

DFEAR

Smash Hero
#6 nonanimated fractal is too beast and #4 and #6 animated ones are too good for words. keep this **** up!

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I think #6 of the animated is one my favorites here. It gives a feeling of outer space or some other celestial... phenomenon.

I wish I knew how to make fractals, though. These are well done.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
I like them. 6 of the non animated is definitely great, very dragonish
isnt there programs that you just put in numerical stuff and it makes fractals? idk how you make them so if someone could fill me in that'd be great.

animated ones are making my internet slow for just the thumbnails so lol.

BakaJuice

Smash Apprentice
There are a number of programs you could use. I use apophysis. http://www.apophysis.org/ They have a link to the tutorials I used right there on the site.

Sorry about the animated ones lagging you, but I don't really know how I would fix that any other way than deleting them, which I have no wish to do. Suggestions?

Mclena45

Smash Apprentice
This stuff is epic!!!! Do you play MapleStory by any chance? Cause the 8th non animated one looks like Horntail o.o Good job though!! :DDDDDD

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i don't understand the concept to how fractals are generated.. How's it made?

BakaJuice

Smash Apprentice
i don't understand the concept to how fractals are generated.. How's it made?
It's a fairly tame process that primarily consists of me adjusting variables. There are a few things that are more advanced, the use of scripts and what-not, but anyone can make fractals.

And yes, I am accepting requests.

Wish

Smash Cadet
Very nice, I love #4, 6 and 7. I downloaded the program, I'll see later what I can do..xD Keep it up! =)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
So pretty * A *
You gotta teach me how to do this (...so i dont have to keep downloading crappy brushes off DA =__=; )

BakaJuice

Smash Apprentice
So pretty * A *
You gotta teach me how to do this (...so i dont have to keep downloading crappy brushes off DA =__=; )
I'm a terrible teacher. Especially when it comes to stuff that I do on computers. In person, maybe, but online... it could prove to be quite the task. But hell, if you're game, I'm game.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I'm a terrible teacher. Especially when it comes to stuff that I do on computers. In person, maybe, but online... it could prove to be quite the task. But hell, if you're game, I'm game.
Well, I'm a pretty chill and easy learner, so I'm game too
Thanks a bunch!

BakaJuice

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm a pretty chill and easy learner, so I'm game too
Thanks a bunch!
k, let's rock this then. MSN: deluted0@hotmail.com

First things first, download the program (duh) and read... these:

http://www.apophysis.org/tutorials/tutorial1.html
http://sya.deviantart.com/art/Apophysis-Tutorial-10781352
http://datagram.deviantart.com/art/Apophysis-2-02-FAQ-Tutorial-11469484

then download these:

Seems like a lot, but that will get you through the basics, and even help you to start develop your own style. Once you finish with those, message me and I'll see what you got.

Don't mess with the scripts too too much, unless you're feeling brave. Weird things can happen. Talk to you whenever.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I would like to request one of Princess Peach.

kthnx

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I've been loosely playing around with Apophysis today
...ITS SO FUN ; w ;
I converted a few of the little renders into PS brushes and went crazy xD

Im still confused, but at least im learning!

BakaJuice

Smash Apprentice
I would like to request one of Princess Peach.

kthnx
Well, this gives me an idea. Normally, I would go on and on about how impossible this is, however I had an idea. Let me see what I can do.

Edit: Nvm, it can't be done. Not with this program anyway. I'm just going to make you one with peach inspired colors. What kind of shape would you like?

Top Bottom