• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Tournament Placings ~

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Zelda Tournament Placings

This section is for the tournament Zeldas to keep track of their progress. Most of the results before 2009 have been cleared to make room for the new year and to show the most recent accomplishments. If you wish to be added or removed please let me know. Tournament results must include the following or else I will not accept it.

PLEASE FOLLOW THIS FORMAT FOR POSTING RESULTS
Tournament Name, Location (date)
Your Placing "out of" Total Entrants
"tournament results link"

Also please note...
-Online tournaments or tournaments with non SBR rulesets will not be accepted
-Please only post tournaments with a minimum of 15 entrants for singles and 10 teams for doubles(Effective as of 8/31/2009)
-Mention any characters you used besides Zelda (please be smart and only mention characters you actually used a decent amount of)
-If you went all Zelda or Zelda/Sheik that's fine but please remember that if you don't say otherwise it'll be assumed that you did
-If you used Zelda for only 1 or 2 rounds, please do not post your results representing otherwise

Optional for doubles include
-Name of team/teammates for doubles
PLEASE USE THE FORMAT
Your placing "out of" Total Entrants (Teamed with "name":Char/char)

Updated 12/14/2009

AzNfinesse

DarkMusician

SBHMXVI, Hawaii Brians Honolulu (12/27/2009)
2nd out of 32 singles
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260309

Dark Peach

Dayzin

GreyFox86

Steakfest 2, San Antonio, TX (01/24/2010)
17th out of 20 singles
3rd out of 6 teams
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262726

JuJux
Uses Zelda in all tournaments

Geneva Brawl Garden 2, Switzerland (11/28-29/2009)
5th out of 51 singles
3rd out of 23 teams (Teamed with "Neath":Meta Knight)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=250948

Bushido Nibai Impact 3, France (January 30-31, 2010)
9th out of 105 singles
5th out of 32 teams (Teamed with "Kitsune-kun":Donkey Kong)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259909

Kaylo

KTAR (12/06/2009)
25th out of 45 singles(Also used Pikachu)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257739

Pound 4, Frederick, MD (1/16-18/2010)
49th out of 98 teams (Teamed with "TUSM":Snake/DDD)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261884

Marsulas
Uses Zelda/Sheik in all tournaments

R3 (12/19/2009)
33rd out of 64 singles
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=7148

Red Bandit

Riot

U.M.A.D. - I Don't Need To Recover! (12/06/2009)
3rd out of 14 teams
1st out of 18 singles (Low Tier Tournament)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257753

ScaryLB59
Uses Zelda/Sheik in all tournaments.

The Legend of Redhalberd (10/17/2009)
(No Brackets)
9th out of 40+ singles
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252634

WATO8.5, Orlando Florida (12/12/2009)
13th out of 24 singles
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258359

Snakeee

sniperworm

Veggie!

MOST ANGRIEST SHINOBI (M.A.S) Racine, WI (10/10/2009)
13th out of 31
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252003

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
This will be the new thread for tournament placings.

Good luck, bobby!

GodAtHand

Smash Lord

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Good s*** Scary. Where did you take Seibrik for your counterpick?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I wanna say I took him to Lylat, but I'm not sure. It might have been SV. I went more Sheik than Zelda against him, and I have no problem fighting him; my problem is that I can't recover at all against him. I'm off stage= -1 stock. Then I fight like hell and even it back up no problem but then off the stage I go lol.

As far as ESAM, I definitely need more Sheik/Zelda vs. Pikachu practice, but I got a ledgewarp sweet Dair. It was delicious. Brinstar ruined me, and DK is amazing on that stage. Counterpicking ESAM to Brinstar may be an afterthought.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I wanna say I took him to Lylat, but I'm not sure. It might have been SV. I went more Sheik than Zelda against him, and I have no problem fighting him; my problem is that I can't recover at all against him. I'm off stage= -1 stock. Then I fight like hell and even it back up no problem but then off the stage I go lol.

As far as ESAM, I definitely need more Sheik/Zelda vs. Pikachu practice, but I got a ledgewarp sweet Dair. It was delicious. Brinstar ruined me, and DK is amazing on that stage. Counterpicking ESAM to Brinstar may be an afterthought.
I know how you feel. The top player in my state also plays MK. He may not be of the caliber of Seibrik.......but it's still a good MK. I lost the first game on SV, I took him to Halberd which I think is SHeiks best option against MK......I strongly recommend you giving this a shot, I won on Halberd, and then he took me to FD for some reason lol and I ended up winning.

He said he had no experience in the Sheik matchup so that was a big factor I suppose. getting back to the stage was a pain in the *** though. The only times Zelda appeared was when I needed a kill......soon as I get DACUS down from a grab-release I wont even need her for that anymore lol.

I don't know what to say about Pika.....it's just extremely hard no matter what stage you play the matchup on.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I have no problem with the grab release DACUS, and for some reason I do really well with Zelda vs. MK; grrrr....Seibrik lol.

GRRRRR Pika......

Needs MOAR practice!

I'll look into Halberd, for some reason I just enjoy a neutral vs. MK; very fulfilling.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245337
In the thread for me it says Sheik but I used Zelda equally as always, and solely vs. Pikachu. Not many matches where I go Sheik alone.

13th out of 39 (I think that was the amount of people)

Lost to Afro_Thundah (Snake) 2-0
These matches were so intense; could have gone either way.

Lost to ESAM (Pikachu)
I do not understand Pikachu, I'll learn him sooner or later.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
Here's all my touranment results with Zelda. I haven't been posting them cuz i didn't think about it until just now lol. basically all my tournaments from january on were exclusively zelda (until about july when i started using G&W more).

VegasSmash PnT Weekly # 39 (2/16/09)
13th out of 21 in teams (Teamed with Kokaloo [ZSS])
13th out of 50 in singles

VegasSmash PnT Weekly # 40 (2/23/09)
9th out of 39 in singles

VegasSmash PnT Weekly # 41 (3/9/09)
17th out of 37 in singles

Top Deck Gaming Weekly # 2 (3/15/09)
7th out of 19 in singles

VegasSmash PnT Weekly # 42 (3/16/09)
5th out of 17 in teams (teamed with Kokaloo [ZSS])

Top Deck Gaming Weekly # 4 (3/29/09)
13th out of 26 in singles

Top Deck Gaming Weekly # 7 (4/19/09)
13th out of 19 in singles

VegasSmash PnT Weekly # 46 (4/20/09)
17th out of 30 in singles

VegasSmash PnT Weekly # 49 (5/11/09)
7th out of 15 in teams (teamed with NirvanaBebop)

VegasSmash PnT Weekly # 50 (5/18/09)
13th out of 29 in singles
3rd out of 5 in doubles (Teamed with NirvanaBebop)

i'll upload the rest of my tournament results tomorrow when i find them.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
DM you haven't touched this since I gave it to you and it's been some time now. Hopefully you can update this soon. :) If there's any problem then do let me know and I can give ownership to someone else.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I don't even know if it's worth posting but,

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246705

It was a little thing that the college held. A LAN party with really quirky rules like single elimination and FFAs till the semi finals or even 4 stock/7 minutes but I took 4th out of 50+ losing only to Redhalberd (MK). He was brutal lol. I blame the rules, no way I was gonna win with it setup like that. Played aggro cause I didn't want to deal with getting times out. Gonna go down fighting :chuckle:

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
heh... yeah I win my college's smash competitions.... too bad there's no real competition there or it'd look impressive that I take down Metas, Snakes and Marths.

^_^

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
So is DarkM going to update this? If he's busy it's allright but I think we really need to at least keep our tourney thread alive or there's little hope for Zelda to start getting more competitive representation.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I tihnk Im going to my first tourney later in September, I gotta ask my parents though. So Ill rep Zelda a bit and see how I do :p

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Tournaments can only be so small before posting the results becomes pointless.

The minimum for teams will be at least 14 teams.

Again this is effective as of today. Everything else that is already been submitted will stay up since not a whole lot has been posted since the thread got moved anyway.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
14 teams is way to many. Its rare to get more than 20 people at a tournament around here. Especially with brawl on the verge of non-existence.

O well.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
14 teams is kind of a lot but not too bad.

But Bobby, you might want to consider lowering it simply for the fact that there aren't many Zelda players in more active regions. Most Zelda players (that I've seen on the boards, anyway) come from places where there isn't a huge Brawl scene.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
If you're not happy with the number of teams then please suggest a number.

And personally I really don't think that tournaments that small are worth posting.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
And personally I really don't think that tournaments that small are worth posting.
I'm just thinking of the fact that.... besides you, NL, Snakeee, and maybe one or two others, nobody has the ability to play Zelda at tournaments with that big of a teams turnout. Most of this particular character forum is made up of casual players or people who live in areas that aren't very strong.

But whatevs, it's your thread. I don't really do doubles at tournaments, so it makes no difference to me.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah it's just my opinion. It's not a big deal to me at all if everyone else prefers otherwise. And technically this thread isn't "my" thread. It belongs to everyone.

Once again if you're not happy with the number please suggest a satisfactory number. I'll be happy to change the number. The only thing I ask is that you only do so if you plan on posting alot of team results.

Snakeee

Smash Master

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
My suggestion for teams is 10... or more of course. I just think that since some people don't even enter doubles getting 20 people in a tournament whether doubles or not is a decent amount. I've actually only been entering doubles lately so I would like it to be lowered a bit. I don't like losing money at tournaments so I only enter doubles because I always do well enough to not be sacrificing my money =P.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Teamed up with Lanky Gunner(a Snake player).

Um, I lost to a Peach player and then Arturito Burrito who used Snake on me. I learned a lot though and got to play a ton of friendlies and MM's so it was fun.......I also hate Pikachu now Scary;)

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Nice work Snakeee. I'm curious about how much you used Zelda in those tournaments since you mentioned that you used other characters.

Keep at it Marsulas, I'm sure you'll do better next time.

DM should have some nice news to share with these boards soon.
I wonder what this could be, lol. Perhaps you're thinking of the wrong boards Chad.

Top Bottom