• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laserlocks and throws - Percentage data

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Laserlocks:
This has never been a big part of Falco’s metagame, but his throws can lead to some pretty nifty laserlocks. I tested all percentages and came out with these results.
Outwards = the way Falco is facing, Inwards = the opposite side. The main ways fthrow bthrow and dthrow are DIt are upwards and outwards, meaning that if you read the DI correctly you will be able to get some nifty laserlocks. This was all tested on Battlefield with a Falco, so testing on other characters might give different results. I might try Marth out after this, but I’d love some people to help me test the roster. We can test certain groups of falling speed, and account 1 for the rest. If there is a size difference it would be smart to do it apart. (for example squirtle/gaw/jiggly we can test with 1 of them, but dedede and fox I don’t think so) Have fun reading!

Platform laserlock

Grounded laserlock

Conclusion:
The main conclusion is that you have to read your opponents DI. If they DI your throws upwards your best bet is a platform laserlock, if they DI downwards just fthrow them and you have an almost guaranteed laserlock, it’s really hard to escape! Further testing might give further information, but I’m lazy and I already wasted my afternoon doing this stuff. Also, the percentages of the smallest time-frame are all taken from observation, and should give a general consensus. Also please note that laserlocks are almost never guaranteed as they can be teched

And a little extra for you Falcos <3

Instant Aerial Firehog (aka IAFIRE)

It’s simple, you just use firebird and go diagonal on the stage, then you use the bounce to snap the ledge.
It’s flashy =)

IAFIRE will rule the world.

*plague*

Smash Rookie
Did you know that you can get a legit laser lock on someone using f-tilt?
There is a frame that is untechable but you can still be jab locked at.

ie Boomerang> arrow
It is the same concept.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
*bounce ledgegrab*

It looks mad fresh, try it off the platforms on rainbows, it looks even fresh-er.
I got it under control on battlefield though, the circle is a nice landmark. It is mad hard to place yourself perfectly though.
I'll be reppin Falco with ma boy Gmoney aka Gregs at CiB this weekend, I'll try it in friendlies...

and make people cry when I miss.

Further testing might give further information, but I’m lazy and I already wasted my afternoon doing this stuff.
You must be lazy lol I mentioned the bthrow > platform lock roughly 2-3 weeks ago. And 2-3 weeks later you finally get around to doing the testing on the throws you wanted to do lol

I can help by doing a bit more testing. I want to see the whole "use some throw to get someone on a platform for LL set-up" idea you original brought up come to fruition.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You must be lazy lol I mentioned the bthrow > platform lock roughly 2-3 weeks ago. And 2-3 weeks later you finally get around to doing the testing on the throws you wanted to do lol

I can help by doing a bit more testing. I want to see the whole "use some throw to get someone on a platform for LL set-up" idea you original brought up come to fruition.
Lol yeah, the only reason I tested bthrow was that.

I got 6 friendly laserlocks on a tournament tho with 1 being platform, however I screwed up and he fell off after ~20%, then continued on the ground.

Dthrow > dthrow > bthrow ftw.

Top Bottom