• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Initial Knockback and Knockback Growth Rate of Ganon's Moveset

TP

Smash Master
Initial Knockback is the amount of knockback a move has at 0% after the hit. Since this scenario never occurs in a normal Brawl (only in Stamina mode), the number by itself is unimportant. The important number here is the Knockback Growth Rate, or KGR. That is the amount of extra knockback that is added to the attack for each extra % the opponent is hurt.

I included every single hitbox I could find that has a KGR above zero (thus excluding the Choke and the first hit of Dsmash). I didn't bother with things like getup attacks, boo hoo.

I stole the idea, format, and methodology from the ZSS boards without asking. So they deserve props for coming up with this concept. Hope they don't mind I borrowed it...

FC = Fully Charged.

Spikes have different knockback when done on opponents who are in the air. As far as I could tell, no other moves shared this property.

Bair has the same KGR but a different initial if you hit the opponent in the opposite direction. I could not find any other moves like this, though I may have missed one. Again, boo hoo.

Quake fails epically yet again, with the smallest KGR in the moveset.

When numbering the different hitboxes of a move, my method is very simple: The lower the number is, the closer it is to Ganon's crotch at the start of the move. Oddly, that was the easiest way to keep track.

Without further ado, the chart:

:034:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hey, question, this doesn't happen to nicely translate into the number of feet you send something that gets hit does it? By feet, I mean the unit of measurement in Homerun Contest.

TP

Smash Master
Hey, question, this doesn't happen to nicely translate into the number of feet you send something that gets hit does it? By feet, I mean the unit of measurement in Homerun Contest.
The knockback is measured in terms of speed, not distance, so I would be quite surprised. Besides, you are ignoring a VERY important variable: launch angle. Also, for some reason the Sandbag goes further when it is in the air before being hit. I tested to see if knockback was increased against aerial opponents, but it was only true for spikes.

:034:

Top Bottom