• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYC-Dynasty Events (Smash/SF4/SC4/BB/etc)-by ma d00 D1! Next event Aug. 22/23

D1

Banned via Administration
Here's the address to the place:

Brooklyn ny 11229

Map quest and live stream: www.heartofbattle.com

Transportation: Simply take the B or Q train to KingsHighway walk down Kings Highway towards E 15th St. then make a left and you'll see the store Kings Games w/ a blue canopy too easy.

---------------

I know its on the weekend of GameUniCon...but for people that aren't going here's Aug. 22/23's event. I won't be there, but Kaiba will be there to help run the event and if anyone knows the rules as to how to run a Brawl tourney just say you can help out with running since he's not in the know with the latest rules and such...he's the type that thinks every match played on FD is fair (when certain chars like Diddy/ICz/Falco etc clearly **** on that stage.) So yeah on to the schedule.

- AUGUST 22-2009-

-SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL-BEGINNING-2:00 P.M

Evo Ruleset? (you can argue if you have anything better)

-SOUL CALIBUR 4-BEGINNING-4:00 PM

-AUGUST 23-2009-

-STREET FIGHTER IV-BEGINNING-2:00 P.M

-BLAZBLUE-BEGINNING-5:00 PM

FEES: $10.00 tournament entry fee/ $10.00 house fee

CASH PRIZES:

1st place will receive 70% of all tournament entry fees

2nd place will receive 20% of all tournament entry fees

3rd place will receive 10% of all tournament entry fees

A Letter from D1:

Hey D1 here, for the past month Empire Arcadia has been holding Blazblue and SF4 tourneys at this venue with a relatively good amount of people showing up to both events, with live stream thanks to heartofbattle.com . After seeing how successful this has been at attracting pros and new players wanting to get into the scene, I thought to myself...why not try to get the smash community (that I've grown to love and to hate...SOMETIMES) a venue in NYC to play Melee and Brawl in happiness?

First off before you guys go crazy and think this is in a ghetto area in Brooklyn, this is @ E 15th Street and Kings Highway (a neighborhood heavily populated by jews, Russians, Polacks, etc.) The area is so safe that you can run a tourney past midnight waltz through the streets like we're in Manhattan and go find a fast food joint to eat at.

We held a Brawl tourney there last Sunday that just passed and the turnout wasn't too bad w/o much advertising just about 20 some odd people the only people I noticed from the SWF community right away were Basic Sausage, NL, and False (who I met at Apex...a Sheik main.) It was ran pretty smoothly I helped run the brackets and we also got to make new friends, and NL got to show people who aren't part of SWF tricks in Brawl so we can make the game look more interesting.

All in all, what I wanted to announce is that we're having Biweekly events held here and we're gonna have a ton of games during the weekend to throw at you guys. Whatever games you're interested in besides SF4/BlazBlue/Brawl/Melee please tell me so I can see if we can add it to the roster. We run tourneys pretty fast and efficiently. I always wanted to bring the w2z feeling back to this and if anyone wants to help me out in running this please tell me and I'll help out.

I love you guys and hope to bring Smash back to life in NYC, regardless if it means bringing back Melee or Brawl!!!

I know the upcoming event will get ***** in terms of attendance for GameUniCon...but for those that can make it cuz they're not going please show support so I can keep Smash at this venue and hopefully bring back the magic that people like Wes+DA, Alex Strife+Killa Fleet, Bum+his loyal friends, and etc did for all of us in the past in terms of making and keeping smash memorable and alive in the city that never sleeps.

After realizing how beast this venue is...it can seat like 200 EASILY w/ 2 FLOORS! With six TVs there already (3 upstairs and 3 downstairs.) We got mad chairs and mad tables (which means you guys can bring TVs too if you want that is.)

Lets make it happen NYC!

If you have anymore questions post up or pm me!!!

--------------------------

<3 by your d00 and ma d00 D1

D1

Both...lets get it. I miss you too Checkmizzaaate!!!

If people want Melee at this...

...SPEAK UP!

We can make it happen but you guys gotta tell us what you want at this event naaaaa'mean?!!

Even Brawl Plusians can have an event here if you try hard enough I need numbaz ma d00 NUMBAZ!

And its a GREAT VENUE...SAFE...AND THERE'S MAD PLACES NEARBY FOR FASTFOOD.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Bring a rule list of brawl smack it on his desk and lets call it a tournament, but im not going to this one either next one 4 sho :)

Grey Fox

Smash Journeyman
Yea Meleeee too SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goood **** D1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully we get enough fooo melee!! This is gonna be too goods!!!

cooldude12w

Smash Rookie
All right, i'm really new to this. Do we just go the day it's being played (22nd) and sign up on the spot, beforehand or what?

D1

Signupz start 11:30am but the Brawl tourney starts at 2pm.

If we can have at least 20 ppl confirm that they wanna come for Melee this weekend I can make it happen...cuz the SC4 turnout was really small last time so we coulda filled the time in with Melee or teams.

I know this isn't gonna be a big turnout considering GameUniCon...but I know in the next two weeks we can have something hot and smexy for ya'll.

And thanks for the support! ^_^ I love you guys!!!

MELEEE!!!!!

oh sorry i mean... melee!

im so down for blazblue as well, but i suck right now, which is great because this will give me a chance to learn.

but anyways, im here to say melee.

and melee.

and melee again.

p.s. melee

D1

WOW WOW WOW THAT...

...needs to be my sig.

LIKE NOW.

LMFAO.

ma d00 typed in the search "SSBM sucks" and youtube goes, "Did you mean SSBB sucks?"

WOWWWWWW

ANTi_

Smash Hero
lol D1 that's mad old i think VaNz had that as his location lololol

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
Wow Melee is in demand O_o' I will see if I can make it to the Sunday event with SF4. Good job D1.

lol D1 that's mad old i think VaNz had that as his location lololol

i did that totally on my own by accident.

people tried to tell me it was old, but the old one is on google, not youtube. so yea type in "ssbm sucks" in google same thing will happen lolololol.

edit: sadly it doesnt happen anymore lololol

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Ima try and go to these just to see my dude D1!!!! What up son...lol dnt know if I can make the first one though

Team Jose Canseco all day!!!!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I'll see if l can work something out.. I has SAT prep though.. so imma be lateish.. maybe or maybe not.. don't know if im willing to spend cash on brawl, but honestly love to get back to melee.. l miss te feeling of waveshining your opponent off stage.. it felt so good.. and l never been to melee tourney before lol

Top Bottom