• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Jin from blazblue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Jin (a.ka Ice Marth) v4.0.1

This was not exactly easy to make, tried to balance him out as much as possible, still missing a few ideas i need to implement into later versions. Hope you guys like him.

Basic Info: This character was made solely to combo, and is extremely fun and good for mind games.

Download (4.0.1) :
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wjmwzzy5225
Megaupload:

Changes :

-(4.0.1) fixed kbg and bkb issues
-(4.0) back throw now freezes opponent
-(4.0) ice car comes out of frame 4
-(4.0) increased damage of Nair, Fair, Jab, and side smash
-(4.0) netral special (air) is the aerial version of jins frost bite
-(4.0) neutral special is now frost bite, fully charged is a one hit KO moves, mainly to recompensate lack of kill power
-(3.7) fixed punishable side smash
-(3.7) fixed air neutral b hitbox glitch
-(3.7) added smoke effect to side smash hold and up smashh hold and removed rings from many attacks
-(3.7) blizzard sfx voice changed
-(3.7) nair and bair knock back increased by a decent amount
-(3.6.3) side tilt, up smash, down smash, fair, bair, nair knock back increased to match v3.5 *let me know if these changes were really necessary or should be removed
-(3.6.3) side-b knock back increased by a little bit
-(3.6.3) dtilt slowed down ( 10 frame cool down) *let me know if its too slow
-(3.6) Side Smash now freezes when opponents damage is above 20%, this should balance out the beginning of the match
-(3.6) Down tilt has been changed, he now hits with a punch not his sword, does 1% damage with increased speed and ability to chain into another attack
-(3.6) Side tilt projectile has reduced damage
-(3.6) Down tilt ->X has been removed, seemed pointless and was buggy
-(3.6) Blizzard (side taunt) is now angled upward with reduced knock back and damage, but still good for a follow up or defense
-(3.6) Damage on all attacks has been reduced, due to his speed some attacks were a bit broken
-(3.1) Changed wait pose, now sword is sheathed
-(3.0) Remix moves are ALOT easier to pull off ( Tip: slide finger from A to B at a moderate speed)
-(3.0) Added a special ground version of side b that allows for follow up attacks for combos
-(3.0) Aerial side b now goes into special fall state
-(3.0) Increased knock back on side b
-(2.4) Reduced knock back on certain attacks, should be alot more balanced now
-Custom victory and lose animations
-Custom waiting poses

-Changed up taunt

-Tippers now freeze

-Faster Run speed with ice effect

-Custom Smash charges
Moveset:

Standard A
-Normal A damage decreased to 1, and decreased knock back for combos
-Standard A combo is "remixed", meaning the standard A combo is still available, or can be switched by pressing B (special) .2 seconds after intial attack.

*Normal A is now comboable by pressing A to B repeatedly, last slash freezes opponent.

A->B = 3rd special lw hit

Button Input is in a .5 - .7 second interval

A

->B

->A

->B

-*Standard attack to Jump(leave pressed) now executes Jins "Sekkajin" from blazblue

A

->X

*loop*

Tilts

Down Tilt
-Down tilt is remixed, standard down tilt is still available or can be turned into a combo by pressing special or jump after initial hit

DA -> B = B (3rd special hi hit)

A ->B

Side Tilt
-Side tilt now throws projectile. This attack can also be remixed but has a little more complicated timing. Special must be pressed immediately after A is pressed and can be continued by immediately following up with X ( jump)

Button Input is in a .5 - .7 second interval

-> B

B -> X

Up Tilt
-Up tilt is the same

Smash Attacks

Side Smash
-Side smash changed to beam sword animation that freezes oppnents on second hit.

Specials

Up special
-Now freezes

Neutral special
-can be canceled into 3rd side hi special by pressing A

A canceled

Aerial Side B (special)
-Now executes Jins Musou Senshouzan from blazblue (a.k.a when he rides his ice sword thing)

Down Special
-Counter now freezes on hit

Custom Moves
-Side taunt removed and replaced with attack (Blizzard)

If you have any sugeestions please let me know, if you find him broken also tell, cause I wanna have him balanced.

Video Bio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X3EK1TGq2Y

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Salty? I didn't know you went here.

On-topic: Very interesting moveset by the looks of it. I'll have to try it out.

camelot

Smash Ace
This is neat. Tried it out, it's a little weird, but it has some pretty original ideas. Ice attacks are cool (no pun intended), but you might want to tone down the knockback on some of them. Up-b, d-smash tipper, and n-air tipper in particular are ridiculous.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
This is neat. Tried it out, it's a little weird, but it has some pretty original ideas. Ice attacks are cool (no pun intended), but you might want to tone down the knockback on some of them. Up-b, d-smash tipper, and n-air tipper in particular are ridiculous.
Thanks for telling Ill fix it right away

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Finally a jin. Good work on it, I'll download it and test it tonight. We're still working on Ragna and Kirk was gonna work on jin but I'm glad it got made in general. At some point ill definitely test it out vs ragna. I can toss you the ideas I had for his regular aerial game if you're interested.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Honestly, if people are gonna start making their own threads (no offense btw jin marth is pretty cool) then Im not gonna bother updating the character submission thread.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Finally a jin. Good work on it, I'll download it and test it tonight. We're still working on Ragna and Kirk was gonna work on jin but I'm glad it got made in general. At some point ill definitely test it out vs ragna. I can toss you the ideas I had for his regular aerial game if you're interested.
sure, any ideas are welcome

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Tager ganon anyone? That Rachel chick w/ the umbrella for Peach anyone? xD

Edit: Hell why not just make the whole BlazBlue roster lmao.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
hakumen is my next project since he is my second main, but sadly i dont see anyone on the brawl roster who could match his style, rachel peach sounds fun actually, i think ill work on that one lol

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Well with my attempt on Bang (shishigami sheik) and your Jin Marth along with Kirk's Ragna. We might as well start Project BlazBlue

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Okay after playtesting

Ice car is broken, flat out broken. It is punishable in a sense if jin tries to follow up with anything and the move is blocked (by a very fast player) but an ice car to get away solves that problem. The move can infinitely stall not to mention set up some ridiculous *** spikes. If you can raise the time in which you can remix moves it would be helpful, my hands, even while committing to the hand motion to make those moves go off, still miss the inputs, I get the idea is you need to commit to make those moves go but they're seriously still way too fast. On another note, there's no need for side B with the rest of the remix moves, if you can cause it to start a short hop then ice car (while nerfing ice car's cooldown so the thing not only cant stall but at the very most be used twice, MAYBE three times from the very top of the screen as a side B recovery) he'd be a lot more reasonable.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Well with my attempt on Bang (shishigami sheik) and your Jin Marth along with Kirk's Ragna. We might as well start Project BlazBlue
Yeah we should, it would be an awesome idea, many characters are possible

Okay after playtesting

Ice car is broken, flat out broken. It is punishable in a sense if jin tries to follow up with anything and the move is blocked (by a very fast player) but an ice car to get away solves that problem. The move can infinitely stall not to mention set up some ridiculous *** spikes. If you can raise the time in which you can remix moves it would be helpful, my hands, even while committing to the hand motion to make those moves go off, still miss the inputs, I get the idea is you need to commit to make those moves go but they're seriously still way too fast. On another note, there's no need for side B with the rest of the remix moves, if you can cause it to start a short hop then ice car (while nerfing ice car's cooldown so the thing not only cant stall but at the very most be used twice, MAYBE three times from the very top of the screen as a side B recovery) he'd be a lot more reasonable.
For the next version ive been trying to fix just that, but i cant seem to get the the special fall animation to work after ice carm maybe im using the wrong code, and yeah ground side b was also now replaced with ice car, but needs some fixing, and ill extend the button inputs for remixes close to what they were in the last version

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Could just travel farther and go into freefalll state after the move is done. That'd balance it out tons.

Edit: SHISHIGAMI'D!

I call dibz on Ganon Tager >=)

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Could just travel farther and go into freefalll state after the move is done. That'd balance it out tons.

Edit: SHISHIGAMI'D!

I call dibz on Ganon Tager >=)
how do i make a character go into freefall state?

i cant get it to work

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
Ok.
You're going to make Tager, but you're going to skip Noel?!

PS: Someone should make a Sol Badguy Ike.
And a Ky Marth.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Yea so, It's pretty cool. the first time I played it I was like... "eh" then I looked at the whole thread then i was like "OOOHHHHH! thats how you do so&so". I like that you took my ice car idea and made it better, something I couldnt get to work. glad you did that ^^. only problem for me is... I CANT DO THE DAM MOVES xD. feels like a diffrent fighting game when you play him which is good, almost like you need a command list lol.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Yea so, It's pretty cool. the first time I played it I was like... "eh" then I looked at the whole thread then i was like "OOOHHHHH! thats how you do so&so". I like that you took my ice car idea and made it better, something I couldnt get to work. glad you did that ^^. only problem for me is... I CANT DO THE DAM MOVES xD. feels like a diffrent fighting game when you play him which is good, almost like you need a command list lol.

Yeah if it wasnt for you i dont think it wouldve turned out as good as it did, lol and as for the moves i think that that would be a good idea, maybe ill create one lol, and by the way the moves are alot easier to do now, i extended the input time length so now just press em moderately or just slide your thumb through them and it works perfectly

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah if it wasnt for you i dont think it wouldve turned out as good as it did, lol and as for the moves i think that that would be a good idea, maybe ill create one lol, and by the way the moves are alot easier to do now, i extended the input time length so now just press em moderately or just slide your thumb through them and it works perfectly
yea, im starting to get it after a few tries.

Someones making a link called Triforce unleashed I think. on his character, he basically made link have his sword sheathed most of the time, maybe you should try that to make marths stance mor like Jins. I forget how exactly he did it, but i remember him saying it was a pain xD

Yingyay

Smash Ace

Someones making a link called Triforce unleashed I think. on his character, he basically made link have his sword sheathed most of the time, maybe you should try that to make marths stance mor like Jins. I forget how exactly he did it, but i remember him saying it was a pain xD
Look at Marth's win animation where he sheathes his sword. There's a code there that keeps the sword in the sheath at all times but you gotta apply (paste) that code there to every action you dont want his sword to appear in.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice

nice idea, i just did it, it wasnt that hard, marths code for his sword is something followed by a 0-6, his sword sheathed is 0-1

3.1 download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z12enqlml5y

changes:

-changed wait pose

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Haha. well that was easy =P

Edit: so what about remixing the dair to throw three ice thingys downward (one straight down, one at a diagonal and another at a diagonal) with veerry small hitback maybe almost and no hitback gain that do like 1 dmg (just to keep it from being broken)? doesnt Jin have a move sorta like that?

And then maybe you should change the trajectory that the Ice Car sends the enemy after getting hit? like a bit upwards sorta Diagonal, but not much.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Haha. well that was easy =P

Edit: so what about remixing the dair to throw three ice thingys downward (one straight down, one at a diagonal and another at a diagonal) with veerry small hitback maybe almost and no hitback gain that do like 1 dmg (just to keep it from being broken)? doesnt Jin have a move sorta like that?

And then maybe you should change the trajectory that the Ice Car sends the enemy after getting hit? like a bit upwards sorta Diagonal, but not much.
You could always youtube jin kisaragi tutorial. His entire move set is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom